My daughters and I stayed for three nights and were totally happy with the experience. The staff is efficient, helpful, friendly, and welcoming. The reception is very courteous and well accommodated, On arrival, we were pleased to have welcoming drink and a walk out around the hotel. We were totally amazed, this property looks like a museum which is rich in ornate architectural design and beautiful gardens. We had originally booked a deluxe room but were delighted to be informed that we had been upgraded to a Villa residence “RAMA” which was simply beautifully elegant and luxurious. All goes well for room amenities. The Indochine Lounge is a wonderful amenity and provided impressive buffet breakfasts with morning sun and pool view.
The location, near the artists villages of Ubud, walking distance is approximately 25 minutes away from the center. We took advantage of the village and rice paddy walk to ubud center, it is a great way to see real village life and learn a little about Balinese culture. Free shuttle bus is available as well, which makes it perfect for those who want to be close but not too close to the action. the drivers are friendly and helpful. The surroundings are beautiful; surrounded by rice fields and local traditional villages which is convenient to almost everything .
The Mansion is the perfect base for exploring the rest of the island. The resort provides details of tours which they are happy to organize on the guests behalf. We took advantage of this service and booked a day tour which included three temples and a visit to the volcano.
Our excellent tour guide and driver called Puja, what a treasure he was, and he speaks such a good English and provided great insight of each of the stop off points as well as suggesting additional stop off points which may be of interest, including a visit at the coffee plantation (highly recommend this!) Our regret is not having more days left at this resort to take additional trips for other locations around the island.
We highly recommend the Mansion Resort Hotel & Spa for your stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mansion Hotel & Spa is one of Bali's rare gems. Set in a tropical lush green park estate, it offers outstanding hospitality and the extensive facilities of a luxury resort. The Mansion is a registered five stars luxury hotel. The Mansion is situated in the artist community of Penestanan on the Sayan Ridge just a few minutes drive from the centre of Ubud, the island's cultural centre. The Mansion Resort has been nominated by the prestigious Conde Nast Traveler as the World's 100 Best New Hotel, 2004 Hot List, is selected by Luxury Group since 2006, and is choosen by National Geographic Traveler Indonesia as one of 20 favourite hotels, may 2010. Hotels were chosen throughout Indonesia based on the following criteria: service; unique hotel personality; environment and social awareness; online booking facilities; architecture and views; safety and security; value for money. Heaven & Earth Spa at The Mansion Resort has been awarded by the prestigious "World Luxury Spa Awards" as "Best Luxury Hotel Spa - Country Winner 2011" and "Best Luxury Medical Spa - Country Winner 2012" , and was recently selected by Conde Nast Johansens 2013 in its epicurean collection of Luxury Spa. Experience the ultimate in massage and healing rituals at Heaven & Earth, The Mansion's celebrated spa facility. Treatments are drawn from the most traditional therapies to the most comprehensive selection of modern medical spa therapies to rekindle your Body, Health, Beauty, Mind & Senses. Guests at The Mansion can enjoy a unique culinary experience reminiscent of classic dining ambiance. In an ornate setting, perfect for celebrating a special occasion or important announcement, dining at The Mansion offers the ultimate in ambience, service and attention to detail. At Indochine, savour the unique combination of Asian & Continental nouvelle cuisine, an ideal location for a select dinner or gathering. Cafe La Terrace offers a casual menu in an airy conservatory, decorated with an impressive array of art selected from The Mansion's private collection.Sia Pacific region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline, TravelUp, ACCOR, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Mansion Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mansion Resort Hotel And Spa
- The Mansion Hotel Ubud
- Mansion Hotel Ubud
- The Mansion Resort Hotel & Spa Ubud, Bali