“Nice Place for holidays and honeymoon for couples”

The Mansion Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #61 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Nice Place for holidays and honeymoon for couples”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Staying in the resort is feeling comfortable and relex.I really admire the beautiful mansion,not only the scenery but also the service and the accommodation.We stay at the mansion for 3 nights,we enjoy the stay very much.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel supposed to be a good hotel, has lots of room, two swimming pools, good landscape and ponds. However, seems lack maintrnance. Stayed four days at this hotel, and four days as well I saw the pond in front of my room dirty with tree leaves and other dirty. The room is too dark, need more light particularly for family with children - my daughter cried frightened soon enter the room. Need more work on bathroom and tub as seems old. The worst is the reception when I had to wait almost one hour to get a key and room ready - while at the same time I had my baby sick with a very high fever. The last was a poor drop off management when our driver could not pick us up at the loby.

Stay here in the future will be a nightmare for me unless there are significant improvement.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Jeju, South Korea
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed at the mansion for a the week before Christmas and were blown away by how great this hotel is. The staff were very friendly and helped us organize various day trips and activities. Our driver Agung, who was arranged through the hotel, showed us around various temples and sights, while telling us about the history of Bali. Our room was above all expectations, the pools were great and the breakfast menu was extensive and served to perfection. The Mansion provides a free shuttle service into Ubud, and the driver even dropped us off at our chosen restaurants on a few occasions. Yes, the Mansion is about 5-10 minutes from Ubud centre, but this means that it's quieter than other hotels in the area. The only negative about our stay was having to leave....Thank you to the Mansion for making us feel so welcome in Bali. We will definitely visit again!

2 Thank mrww79
Australia
Reviewed 9 January 2014

My mom and I stayed at the mansion for two weeks during December, the place is AMAZING. The staff are SO friendly and always willing to organize another bus for you into town if the shuttle time doesn't suit you, and they are very prompt with room service and food orders at the restaurant. The atmosphere is peaceful, although it is vibrant and active Aswell. The whole place is gorgeous. You arn't far from town, far enough away to feel as though you are actually away (not in the middle of everything). The hotel has a great media room, if you are into music, dj'ing and vj'ing, check it out. A week after leaving, I returned on my own for the New Year's Eve party, it was such a hit! I haven't been to a party like it before. There is such a diverse and amazing culture happening up in ubud and the party bought together such a crowd of great people. The music was great, the experience was great, and we partied until the morning, people didn't want to leave! I definitely recommend the mansion, you couldn't not love it there :)

• Stayed December 2013
Ubud
Reviewed 8 January 2014

When I walked into my room I didn't want to leave. This was my first time spending the night in the hotel . I usually just use the pool access with my children, but this was New Year's Eve. My family and I stayed in the Sky Suite and it was wonderful. The second I walked in the room a huge smile was on my face. I loved all the decoration and color. The bathroom plan was an open design which made it feel very decadent. We had a wonderful view of the lush grounds. It was New Year's Eve and the Hotel was having a fundraiser party for a sustainability project, so everyone was very busy . We joined in on the party activities and it was so much fun! It consisted of a blessing by a Balinese Priest, group painting in the front you could join in, dancing, dj, organic vegan ice cream and chocolates,acrobats, led light hula hooper , organic food, face painting ,fireworks and Balinese dance down below , and more. The party really had something for everyone. I hope everyone who stayed at the Mansion that night got to go to the party .
Now for the rest of the hotel, it's just beautifully decorated throughout. There is color everywhere and a lot of area to look around. It's great for families. They have 5 pools , one of them is a mix of small baby pools for the little ones. With a treehouse in the center. So in other words the kids loved the pools and so did I. They have a small slide set, swing and 1 bicycle and 1 tri-cycle for the kids. Even a small putting green area. We enjoyed a buffet breakfast , were a woman even made omelets on the spot! We also enjoyed the Vietnamese food they had to offer it was very good and I love the Vietnamese coffee. They also have a nice boutique on the Baliwood side ,which offers a wide variety of gifts, also some of the gifts give back to the local community. The staff is very friendly and make you feel welcome. I did notice they had a lot of younger staff which are in training through the hospitality school programs , so those staff members are a little bit new and seem like they are learning the ropes. So I found it best to ask questions to the staff behind the desks. We did not leave the hotel, but they do have a shuttle that takes you into town , which is only about 10mins. away. I also needed a driver to pick up a friend and they quickly arranged a pick up, so that was great. The only problem we had was our phone had some static when calling the front desk but, that was probably due to the heavy rain storms.
I will definitely come back!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We needed a good rest and booked this hotel for 11 nights. The hotel is impressive from the drive up to the lobby and so is the actual mansion. Our room was 'Safari Wood' which was comfortable to the standard stated 4-5. The walk up to the room was exercise in itself! The grounds were wonderful with lots of nooks and crannies to sit and relax. The main manager was wonderful, helpful and friendly (French speaking who's lovely family came to visit on New Years Eve) My only constructive criticism would be that it would probably be of advantage to both the hotel and the guests if there was at least a pool bar rather than drinks having to come up from the mansion. I heard other guests mention this. We ate at the inhouse restaurant on Christmas Day and our food was cold and it was also cold on New Years Eve.

Would I stay here again? Most definitely

Room Tip: Speakers for New Year's were placed in the gym area and our room was directly behind that. Proba...
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Went to the new years eve party, called The WOW Affect, that were held on the premises of The Mansion. Had a great time, one of the better new years eve parties I've been to in recent years. The location was great and had a very luxurious feel to it and the entertainment was very good too with performances that went on for hours and in to the early morning. Danced in the new year with friends and would definitely do it again.

1 Thank Johan B