We stayed for 3 nights, and although the staff were all very nice, we found that the Mansion Hotel is way OVER PRICED, and was not like they had projected on there web site. The staff had problems understanding English, and it was just easier for us not to get what we wanted as it was just "too hard" to keep trying to explain.
On our first night it started to rain and just outside our room they started to paint the footpath, I asked them why they were doing this, and again the English barrier was an issue, so we just went to bed. In the morning it was flooded and all the paint was floating and the pathway was very slippery and dangerous. We were stuck in our room! Also water was coming up from under the ground which smelt terrible. We had to walk through all this and had paint on our feet and the soles of our thongs. We then asked to be changed to a different room, and they showed us several rooms, all different quality and none the same, but not really very nice, they are all run down and decor is very tied and old looking. Although I understand that they want to keep it a tradition looking Hotel, it is VERY over priced, and not appealing. We ended up staying in our room which was the "Cempaka" room, as all of the others that they showed us were just terrible. They had to clean up all of the wet paint and the water problem, which took 1 1/2 days.
We did enjoy the pool areas and it was nice to walk around and take photo's of the garden's ect and did have a relaxing feel to it.
The "Spa" was very expensive and was very average compared to other Spa's around Bali and what they offer you, The Mansion Spa needs to have a review on quality of products, or should I say "lack of products" that they offer. But the girls are very nice, but it just doesnt cut it when you get your bill.
The restaurant was good and we enjoyed our meals, but hard to explain to staff what we wanted from the menu. Again quite expensive.
There is no WIFI in your room and if you want to use the internet you have to sit in the lobby, using your own smart phone ect.
We had 2 x spa's (jaccuzzi's) just outside of our room, which to our surprise they charge $25US for one hour, the rooms are so over priced that I thought it would include sitting in a spa.
We probably wouldn't come back to this hotel unfortunately, there are better hotels in Ubud than this for a better price too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mansion Hotel & Spa is one of Bali's rare gems. Set in a tropical lush green park estate, it offers outstanding hospitality and the extensive facilities of a luxury resort. The Mansion is a registered five stars luxury hotel. The Mansion is situated in the artist community of Penestanan on the Sayan Ridge just a few minutes drive from the centre of Ubud, the island's cultural centre. The Mansion Resort has been nominated by the prestigious Conde Nast Traveler as the World's 100 Best New Hotel, 2004 Hot List, is selected by Luxury Group since 2006, and is choosen by National Geographic Traveler Indonesia as one of 20 favourite hotels, may 2010. Hotels were chosen throughout Indonesia based on the following criteria: service; unique hotel personality; environment and social awareness; online booking facilities; architecture and views; safety and security; value for money. Heaven & Earth Spa at The Mansion Resort has been awarded by the prestigious "World Luxury Spa Awards" as "Best Luxury Hotel Spa - Country Winner 2011" and "Best Luxury Medical Spa - Country Winner 2012" , and was recently selected by Conde Nast Johansens 2013 in its epicurean collection of Luxury Spa. Experience the ultimate in massage and healing rituals at Heaven & Earth, The Mansion's celebrated spa facility. Treatments are drawn from the most traditional therapies to the most comprehensive selection of modern medical spa therapies to rekindle your Body, Health, Beauty, Mind & Senses. Guests at The Mansion can enjoy a unique culinary experience reminiscent of classic dining ambiance. In an ornate setting, perfect for celebrating a special occasion or important announcement, dining at The Mansion offers the ultimate in ambience, service and attention to detail. At Indochine, savour the unique combination of Asian & Continental nouvelle cuisine, an ideal location for a select dinner or gathering. Cafe La Terrace offers a casual menu in an airy conservatory, decorated with an impressive array of art selected from The Mansion's private collection.Sia Pacific region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, ACCOR, Ebookers, Agoda, TravelUp, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Mansion Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mansion Hotel Ubud
- The Mansion Resort Hotel And Spa
- Mansion Hotel Ubud
- The Mansion Resort Hotel & Spa Ubud, Bali