My husband and I, together with our two girls stayed at The Mansion from 27th July to 1st Aug 2009. Initially, we requested for Deluxe Room but then we were upgraded to Frangipani Villa Residence through our e-mail correspondence. We were then upgraded again to the Governor Suite when we arrived there, which was a pleasant surprised!
The hotel driver picked us up from Tuban on time and we were given cold towels and 2 bottles of water in the car while on our way to Ubud. Upon arrival, we were then given another set of cold towels and also cold refreshing juices.
As there were four of us in the room, we asked for an extra bed and were given with no extra charges. The room interior was very regal and beautiful except for few very minor details like curtain hooks to be fixed. Bed was comfy and sheets were clean.Bathroom amenities were good, bath towels were very clean. The only thing that bothered was the strong sewage smell that came from the bathroom. At certain time it was overpowering. I hope the management will look into this matter.
We always enjoyed our breakfast at The Mansion but limited choices for lunch or dinner as there was only one restaurant. However, there is a free transfer every hour to and from Central Ubud up till 9 pm so we always had our brunch or dinner there. Walking is far and not really for families with young children . The road is uphill and down hill winding terrain, narrow and dark.
The Mansion itself is a georgous place, very secluded, quiet, calm and serene. We loved sitting by the infinity pool overlooking the jungle, just relax. We loved the atmosphere; we didnt feel like staying in a hotel or even resort, it's almost like staying at one of your good friend's place! The staffs here couldnt do enough for us, they were super friendly and very nice. Our gratitude to the lovely lady who manages the place, Ms Dinar Batubara who is ever smiling and greeted us all the time, Ms Dian Ekawati who we did not get the chance to meet but handled our reservation with courtesy, everyone at the restaurant especially Ibu Merti (the most genuine smile lady) who forever entertaining us and loved our two girls. All the housekeeping staff who looked after our needs and even showed us all the rooms in detail. Also the lady owner of The Mansion who always smiled and greet us whenever we bumped into her!
We also loved watching the village children practising their Balinese traditional dances at the front garden.
We do have a few contras though :- - Felt a bit uneasy with the Front Desk, especially with the Manager who we did not warm to at the very first place :(
The spa was too pricy so we did not try even though there were excellent reviews about it.
Overall place will look nicer if details are taken into account when it comes to the garden and surrounding.
All in all, it was the best time we had at The Mansion during our 3 weeks holiday in Bali and yes, we will stay there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mansion Hotel & Spa is one of Bali's rare gems. Set in a tropical lush green park estate, it offers outstanding hospitality and the extensive facilities of a luxury resort. The Mansion is a registered five stars luxury hotel. The Mansion is situated in the artist community of Penestanan on the Sayan Ridge just a few minutes drive from the centre of Ubud, the island's cultural centre. The Mansion Resort has been nominated by the prestigious Conde Nast Traveler as the World's 100 Best New Hotel, 2004 Hot List, is selected by Luxury Group since 2006, and is choosen by National Geographic Traveler Indonesia as one of 20 favourite hotels, may 2010. Hotels were chosen throughout Indonesia based on the following criteria: service; unique hotel personality; environment and social awareness; online booking facilities; architecture and views; safety and security; value for money. Heaven & Earth Spa at The Mansion Resort has been awarded by the prestigious "World Luxury Spa Awards" as "Best Luxury Hotel Spa - Country Winner 2011" and "Best Luxury Medical Spa - Country Winner 2012" , and was recently selected by Conde Nast Johansens 2013 in its epicurean collection of Luxury Spa. Experience the ultimate in massage and healing rituals at Heaven & Earth, The Mansion's celebrated spa facility. Treatments are drawn from the most traditional therapies to the most comprehensive selection of modern medical spa therapies to rekindle your Body, Health, Beauty, Mind & Senses. Guests at The Mansion can enjoy a unique culinary experience reminiscent of classic dining ambiance. In an ornate setting, perfect for celebrating a special occasion or important announcement, dining at The Mansion offers the ultimate in ambience, service and attention to detail. At Indochine, savour the unique combination of Asian & Continental nouvelle cuisine, an ideal location for a select dinner or gathering. Cafe La Terrace offers a casual menu in an airy conservatory, decorated with an impressive array of art selected from The Mansion's private collection.Sia Pacific region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Mansion Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mansion Resort Hotel And Spa
- The Mansion Hotel Ubud
- Mansion Hotel Ubud
- The Mansion Resort Hotel & Spa Ubud, Bali