We stayed at The Mansion for 4 days in April for a short vacation and we were disappointed when we got to our villa. We had requested for a 2 bedroom villa because we travelled with family as well. We were looking forward to a relaxing weekend in a villa, the kind you expect to get in Bali.
Instead of getting a whole villa, the entire villa building, to ourselves, we were brought to a section of the villa. It was just 2 bedrooms in 1 part of the house sharing 1 bathroom. Only our room had a tv and minibar, and the other room had a bed, wardrobe and dresser.
The staff was very gracious, warm, and very helpful.
The Mansion was beautiful but a bit too rustic for us. We could really use some amenities such as bedroom slippers, and the rooms could also be furnished. It was weird there was only 1 minibar in 1 bedroom, and it would have been better if the hotel had informed us about the layout of the "2 bedroom villa".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mansion Hotel & Spa is one of Bali's rare gems. Set in a tropical lush green park estate, it offers outstanding hospitality and the extensive facilities of a luxury resort. The Mansion is a registered five stars luxury hotel. The Mansion is situated in the artist community of Penestanan on the Sayan Ridge just a few minutes drive from the centre of Ubud, the island's cultural centre. The Mansion Resort has been nominated by the prestigious Conde Nast Traveler as the World's 100 Best New Hotel, 2004 Hot List, is selected by Luxury Group since 2006, and is choosen by National Geographic Traveler Indonesia as one of 20 favourite hotels, may 2010. Hotels were chosen throughout Indonesia based on the following criteria: service; unique hotel personality; environment and social awareness; online booking facilities; architecture and views; safety and security; value for money. Heaven & Earth Spa at The Mansion Resort has been awarded by the prestigious "World Luxury Spa Awards" as "Best Luxury Hotel Spa - Country Winner 2011" and "Best Luxury Medical Spa - Country Winner 2012" , and was recently selected by Conde Nast Johansens 2013 in its epicurean collection of Luxury Spa. Experience the ultimate in massage and healing rituals at Heaven & Earth, The Mansion's celebrated spa facility. Treatments are drawn from the most traditional therapies to the most comprehensive selection of modern medical spa therapies to rekindle your Body, Health, Beauty, Mind & Senses. Guests at The Mansion can enjoy a unique culinary experience reminiscent of classic dining ambiance. In an ornate setting, perfect for celebrating a special occasion or important announcement, dining at The Mansion offers the ultimate in ambience, service and attention to detail. At Indochine, savour the unique combination of Asian & Continental nouvelle cuisine, an ideal location for a select dinner or gathering. Cafe La Terrace offers a casual menu in an airy conservatory, decorated with an impressive array of art selected from The Mansion's private collection.Sia Pacific region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, ACCOR, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, TravelUp, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Mansion Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mansion Hotel Ubud
- The Mansion Resort Hotel And Spa
- Mansion Hotel Ubud
- The Mansion Resort Hotel & Spa Ubud, Bali