My husband and I stayed 3 nights at this hotel in late May. We have not only travelled around Bali but travelled extensively worldwide but I have to say, the Mansion Hotel has to be the worst place I have ever stayed....
We booked through expedia and the package also included one free massage per person, a free set dinner and a free 'jetlag' massage each on arrival. When we got there the hotel informed us that these offers were for one person only - not per person, while expedia had clearly said it was per person and that's what we had paid for (and we even showed them our print out to this effect). No amount of explaining would change their mind and as we wanted to do things together, my husband ended up paying again for his dinner and massages. Be careful about this if you book thru expedia - altho your voucher will say 'per person' the hotel will only let you have one massage, dinner etc. We were both quite annoyed by this 'scam' but there was no apology from the hotel staff. We asked to see the resort manager who is called Dinar but were told she never meets guests and simply gives orders to the staff.
If paying again for massages and dinner was the only issue, we would have got over it. But this was just the start. The room we booked was supposed to be a 'ground floor suite' but we were told these were all full and shown to a first floor room which was smelly, damp and the stairway to access it had no light and was steeped in rain water (when it rains, it rains heavily in ubud). As a result both my husband and I tripped while carring our bags up. Again no apology from the staff but after much persuading and seeing our grazed knees, the staff moved us to a ground floor suite (which miraculously became available within minutes). The ground floor suite was ok when we arrived in it but after a few hours in the room there was the most horrible smell from the bathroom. When we complained, we were told the septic tank had overflowed and no one had emptied it. As a result, methane gas was flowing through the bathroom pipes into the rooms. The staff had tried to disguise the smell by loads of oil burners and scented candles in the room but once they ran out, the smell was indisguisable - it was so awful that we felt sick and threw up. The smell was made worse by the air conditioning not working either. We endured that night and were moved a third time the next day to another ground flr suite...with the same problems. By now, we were both so stressed and upset that we just wanted our stay to be over. The resort manager refused to see us again and did not respond when my husband emailed her either....
I'm afraid i have no positives about the hotel, the rooms were awful and grossly unhygenic not to mention the upstairs suites having unlit stairways and being unsafe, the staff were rude, the resort manager takes no interest in the guests, the internet was barely working during our stay, the breakfast is ok (no buffet) and not a lot of variety. There is only one restaurant and the service and food there was awful, we both got sick. I would never stay at this hotel again, I left in tears, thank god the next hotel we stayed in Bali was lots better (intercontinental) otherwise our whole 10 day trip would have been a complete disaster.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mansion Hotel & Spa is one of Bali's rare gems. Set in a tropical lush green park estate, it offers outstanding hospitality and the extensive facilities of a luxury resort. The Mansion is a registered five stars luxury hotel. The Mansion is situated in the artist community of Penestanan on the Sayan Ridge just a few minutes drive from the centre of Ubud, the island's cultural centre. The Mansion Resort has been nominated by the prestigious Conde Nast Traveler as the World's 100 Best New Hotel, 2004 Hot List, is selected by Luxury Group since 2006, and is choosen by National Geographic Traveler Indonesia as one of 20 favourite hotels, may 2010. Hotels were chosen throughout Indonesia based on the following criteria: service; unique hotel personality; environment and social awareness; online booking facilities; architecture and views; safety and security; value for money. Heaven & Earth Spa at The Mansion Resort has been awarded by the prestigious "World Luxury Spa Awards" as "Best Luxury Hotel Spa - Country Winner 2011" and "Best Luxury Medical Spa - Country Winner 2012" , and was recently selected by Conde Nast Johansens 2013 in its epicurean collection of Luxury Spa. Experience the ultimate in massage and healing rituals at Heaven & Earth, The Mansion's celebrated spa facility. Treatments are drawn from the most traditional therapies to the most comprehensive selection of modern medical spa therapies to rekindle your Body, Health, Beauty, Mind & Senses. Guests at The Mansion can enjoy a unique culinary experience reminiscent of classic dining ambiance. In an ornate setting, perfect for celebrating a special occasion or important announcement, dining at The Mansion offers the ultimate in ambience, service and attention to detail. At Indochine, savour the unique combination of Asian & Continental nouvelle cuisine, an ideal location for a select dinner or gathering. Cafe La Terrace offers a casual menu in an airy conservatory, decorated with an impressive array of art selected from The Mansion's private collection.Sia Pacific region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Agoda, Southall Travel, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Mansion Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mansion Hotel Ubud
- The Mansion Resort Hotel And Spa
- Mansion Hotel Ubud
- The Mansion Resort Hotel & Spa Ubud, Bali