We stayed at Uma for 2 nights having spent 2 days at another property (see below). Uma is great, large rooms (we had a pool suite), great views accross the valley through the vegetation. The spa is great, very extensive "menu" with lots of innovative treatments. The resort is expansive. There is a main pool in the main area with a bar etc. Had we not been to one down the road for the previous two days, the place would have seemed perfect, but, having seen another place, it is hard not to compare......
So - positives:
- Massive room / suite! We had a Uma Pool Suite, and it was superb. I reckon that the total length of the frontage of the suite was at least 20 metres, This was a massive patio area with outdoor seats looking into the vegetation. Truly amazing. The bathroom had a sunken bath (plenty of room for 2...) and a separate part outdoor shower. The bed was huge, with nets around (not needed as no bugs / massies), but, made for a romantic feel. The pool area was away from the room (you get the idea of the size - and can see on the photos) with two sun beds - great
- Fantastic spa - like the normal Bali type thing, but, with some really innovative treatments / body wraps / electric (!!) treatment
- Amazing Yoga Studia, great view
- Large outdoor restaurant bv a large pond serving great food.
There were no negatives. However, having been at the Komaneka Tangayudda for the previous two days, it is hard not compare (expecially as we basically stayed at the two properties in the first place as we could not choose between them based on our research which included heavy reading of Trip Advisor..). The differences were
- Uma is a bit more commercial. You can tell it is run by a larger hotel group (or at least thats what we understand) and therefore you get all of the "room service surcharges" which come with that (at the Komaneka it did not matter where you ate, service is included in the rate. Its a small point and the cash value is not the point, more, about how it makes you feel....! In addition, the staff at the Komaneka seemed that little more personal again as if they are working as part of small team, than for a hotel chain.
- The main pool at Uma (the plunge pool in the suite is great for cooling down, but, not big enough for a swim...) is between reception and the bar. Hence, whilst its relaxing to sit down there, and read etc, there is a constant flow of people walking past being shown round on the customary "guided tour" which you get upon arrival. This is not a problem, but, makes it a bit more "busy". At the Komaneka for example the pool is at a "cul de sac" hence the only people you see are those using the pool, and hence, a bit quieter.
That said, the stay at Uma was great and we would recommend it to others. We had a good relaxing time, the food was good breakfast extremely extensive and relaxed thoroughly. If someone booked us to stay there, we would thank them kindly and enjoy the visit. If we were to choose ourselves, then the Komaneka it would be. This is more based on the feeling the place generates than the actual substance of the rooms or resort. However, Uma does have big and airy rooms, a great spa and generated a relaxing feeling especially the yoga studio, so, you will definately have a good time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COMO Uma Ubud is located in central Bali, close to the cultural hub of Ubud with tropical views of temples, rice paddies and the Tjampuhan Valley. The resort’s contemporary Asiatic design is pared down to ensure sunshine flows through interiors, from bedrooms to cooling plunge pools. Kemiri restaurant boasts world-class, healthful cuisine, created with fresh local ingredients, subtle spicing and distinct Balinese flavours. A signature COMO Shambhala Retreat, replete with a range of holistic wellness therapies, help to nurture and relax, while cultural activities, such as visits to artisans, are complemented by a range of outdoor pursuits, including white-water rafting, mountain biking and trekking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Agoda, MrandMrsSmith, Booking.com, Odigeo, Splitty, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your COMO Uma Ubud reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Uma Ubud Hotel Ubud
- Uma Hotel Ubud
- Uma Resort Ubud
- COMO Uma Ubud Bali