“Love this place, great for couples or honeymooners ”
Review of COMO Uma Ubud

COMO Uma Ubud
Ranked #13 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
Sydney, Australia
“Love this place, great for couples or honeymooners ”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 night for our honeymoon and we loved everything about this place.

The staff are all lovely and willing to help with anything we needed.

We stayed in a Terrace room which was spacious, very clean and tidy. I love the styling throughout this resort, it's fresh, simple and elegant.

My favorite part of the day was breakfast it was a real treat. The bar snacks were also great along with the restaurant out the front called 'Uma Cucina' we dined there two nights in a row.

The pool area is stunning, very picturesque. Really the whole resort is with such a beautiful garden flowing throughout.

The resort also had a huge range is activities from morning walks, daily yoga etc which I think is fantastic - there's always something you can do.

I would highly recommend Uma to any of my friends especially couples as it is so relaxing (didn't see any kids running around). We will be back again on our next visit to Bali.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Uma-ResortManager, Manager at COMO Uma Ubud, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Ness170,

Thank you for chooshing Uma by COMO, Ubud to celebrate your honeymoon.

It is a delight that Uma can be part of your special celebration. We are very happy to read that you had a wonderful time with us and our team looked after you very well.

Please do recommend Uma to your friends and family and contact me for any future assistance, I am more than happy to assist you personally.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We spent four nights here for our honeymoon. If we had to choose again we wouldn't pick another place. We had such a great time and were spoiled silly at the Uma. Just the perfect place to forget everything and relax and recharge.

Upon arrival, we were told that we were getting a free room upgrade to the Terrace Room. The room is in a private compound and we had our own patio where we could sit and watch the stars at night. The interior design was luxurious yet classy and has a tasteful rustic charm. The King size four-post bed was just the right amount of firm and super comfortable at the same time. The room and bathroom were all very spacious. The latter had an open air shower and a sunken bath, which the hotel staff had decorated with Rose petals on the first night. The room was made twice a day - in the late afternoon they would prepare the room for the night and light candles, which was a lovely touch. In making the room, the staff really took care not to intrude on the guests. Still, they were very efficient to spring into action once we left the room. We have never stayed in any hotel with such a high level of attention and thoughtfulness paid to the little details in every aspect. This thoughtfulness in everything was what made Uma so special and a cut above the rest. The husband and I being regular folk were certainly not used to being pampered this much.

The breakfasts deserve a special mention and we looked forward to it every single day. Although it was a buffet, there was a hot menu we could choose from, with a large variety and even a healthy section. And the food was prepared fresh. With each of us ordering a different dish everyday, we never had to repeat. On top of that, there was an interesting spread of fruits, yogurt, juices and pastry to choose from. I can't praise the staff enough either. Despite it being such a luxurious place, they were genuine and unpretentious. Everyone knew us by our names! Not once did they frown on us for not ordering the priciest dish or wine like they might in some of the more commercialised establishments. And although it's a high-end resort, we never felt ripped off. We had dinner at Uma Cucina one night. The lemon-ginger seabass and meatball pasta were very delicious and so was the chocolate cake dessert. I had never tried cream that was not cloyingly sweet and enjoyed it very much. Once again the staff was wonderful and the Director of Food even came to say hi and ask if everything was alright.

If there was anything at all that wasn't perfect, was that we could at times hear our next door neighbours. But I suppose it being a terraced room as opposed to a completely private villa, it was to be expected, and did not bother us too much.

Thank you to the staff at Uma Ubud for such impeccable hospitality and wonderful memories we will treasure for many years to come!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Shu C,

We are blessed to have such a lovely honeymoon couple like yourself staying with us, it is indeed a pleasure to host you both. Congratulations once again!

I am glad that you "forgot everything" on your four nights stay at Uma which enable you to relax and recharge. I couldn't thank you enough for sharing such a wonderful review. I will share you positive comments to our team which I am sure it will motivate them.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Uma very soon.

London
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We loved our experience at the Uma Ubud. Amazing staff, and we loved the delicious and healthy approach to food whether at the Pool, at breakfast or the Cucina restaurant. The attention to detail is amazing. Our room was not only really stylish but super functional as well. It was cleaned always when we were at breakfast, so we never encountered housekeeping - the hallmark of a very well run hotel. We loved the juices on the menu, and just felt recharged staying here letting the stress of city life ebb away. The UMA is an amazing place just to relax and unwind. The staff are amazing, friendly, polite, professional. We have stayed in many great places but there is something so luxe yet appropriate about this hotel, you need nothing more. We will be back, we would move in if we could!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Jax88London,

It was a pleasure having you staying with us recently and thank you for posting such a fantastic review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and I am particularly grateful that our team looked after you very well. Thank you for your compliment to our team which I will happily share with them.

We look forward to welcoming you back and hopefully very soon.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Being at this resort is like escaping into a tropical paradise - mornings of yoga and interesting tours, languid afternoons by the pool, drooping tropical plants, views out over the valley, and perfect food and drinks to accompany it all.

We had a four night stay and it was not long enough. Before arriving I asked for a (paid) room upgrade half way through our stay so they were kind enough to upgrade us from the beginning.

Our villa was beautifully prepared and executed with a private infinity pool flowing over the deep valley and river below.

Service was fabulous with everybody keen to impress but one of the absolute highlights was the food and drink - so unexpected.

Organic this, and healthy that there was something to please my yoga loving, raw food eating partner and omnivore me. Healthy, fresh, and delicious - some of the best food on the trip by far and easily the best in Ubud.

We enjoyed the bespoke tours and lounging by either our own pool or the big pool depending on the time of day.

The free yoga morning and afternoon and other activities like guided walks were a bonus.

And do take the opportunity to take the free trip to Como Shambala for lunch - my fussy partner rated it ten out of ten.

A great stay and highly recommended!

Room Tip: The pool villas are superb.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PeterTravelGuru
Dear PeterParadiseBay,

Thank you for staying with us and writing such a wonderful review.

It is a delight to read that you enjoyed your stay and felt like escaping into a tropical paradise. COMO Cuisine is always one of the strongest elements of our guest's experiences and I am glad that you loved the combination of the freshness and taste of our food and drink. Our daily yoga class, rice paddy morning walk and our COMO Shambhala spa are also wonderful and I am happy that you had the opportunity to experience them.

I trust that we will meet you again very soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed here 2 nights after staying at another hotel and couldn't help but compare the 2 hotels. Uma lost out on most.
1) service: although their service was still good, they weren't as warm and hospitable maybe because there were a lot more guests staying here. Some of the staff didn't speak English as well as they should so it took a few attempts to get things done. We wanted to book dinner at Glow restaurant in their sister hotel 20 mins away but was given the wrong information that the restaurant was only open at lunch but not dinner. We booked then found out later that it was open for dinner and we had to reschedule all our plans again. We had reserved our table at 7.30 and was told to wait in the lobby at 7 for our transport there. However, no one came until I asked about it again at 7.15 did they arrange for the transport. Apparently they had forgotten about it.
2) the room was small but cozy. We had the garden room with 2 arm chairs at the balcony but did not really go outside as the grass was high and was unkempt. It looked like they have not tidied the area and left it ungroomed. We had one of those rooms where there was a connecting door to the next room and from the garden, you can look in on your neighbours so it was not very private. Luckily we had no neighbours during our stay.
3) the last shuttle from town is at 5.10pm and will have to pay for cab after. Although it is relatively cheap, some other hotels provide free shuttle at anytime (reasonable hours of course).
4) everything was very commercial and minimalist. its similar to budget airlines where you need to pay extra if you want this or that as compared to full fledged airlines. Bring your own toothbrush.
5) Pool is def too small for the number of guests that they have. Almost every sunbed was used (about 18) and no space to waddle if everyone goes into the pool.
6) Spa was great, many choices to choose from, esp the facials.

Because of the price range, more is expected from Uma and there are many hotels in the area that gives better value for your $

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ccrasher
Uma-ResortManager, Manager at COMO Uma Ubud, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Ccrasher,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments about your 2 nights stay with us.

I am sad that we couldn't meet all of your expectations. We highly appreciated your feedback and we will learn from it. We have received hundreds of very inspiring good comments about the services provided by our team, hence your constructive feedback is very useful for us to keep improving ourselves.

I trust that you will give us a second chance and we look forward to welcoming you back to Uma.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This was our first stop on our honeymoon and they set the bar high! Ubud is just a fantastic place and this hotel is in a great location. Really cannot beat the tropical picturesque backdrop. I wouldn't put them as a five-star hotel because they lacked some of the service that you would expect (our room didn't get turn down service 2 of the 4 nights we stayed). Everything else including the breakfast and dinners were spectacular!

Room Tip: Get a room with a pool - worth it!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kelly M
Dear Kelly M,

Thank you for choosing Uma by COMO, Ubud to be your first destination for your very special honeymoon.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. However I am concerned to read your experience on our the turn down service. I investigated this issue with our Housekeeping team and I am affraid it must be a misunderstanding from our team. During their conversation with you our Room Attendant had an understanding that in these particular 2 days you didn't want your room to be turned down. We will learn from this and ensure we communicate better with our guests.

Your great comments and your constructive feedback is highly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to Uma Ubud.

Amsterdam
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Uma was so nice from all points of view that I cannot see how good the other hotels in Ubud can be. Despite looking more oriented for romance and couples, Uma was great for our little family. There is nothing I can judge negatively; I have been blown away by the quality of the service end-to-end, from check-in to check-out. Everything was kindness, smile and efficiency. The property and the grounds were amazing. The bedroom, though I believed we booked the simplest, was great. It was decorated harmoniously, and the bathroom was superb. The breakfast was fabulous, no matter you picked salty or sweet items. The fitness room was small but with good equipment and super clean. On the two breakfasts we had, Sika who looked to be the restaurant manager spent a great deal of time telling us about the good things to do in the area. Another thing I liked is the following: our boy of 7 years old was quite tired and would not wake up in the morning to go to Breakfast. Without we even mentioned it, they noticed he was not here, and when we told them the reason, they immediately offered to pack for us everything he needed to have a decent breakfast when he woke up. Another sign of quality service: on the day we checked out, we spent a few hours at the pool before we left. As soon as it started raining, the staff was running all over the place to offer umbrellas. And to close, I will say that the location is very good, and you can get to the centre of Ubud very quickly with their shuttle. Needless to say Uma is highly recommended.

Room Tip: We had room 23 and we loved it, it was super clean, beautiful and felt very private.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MaBoyOmar
Uma-ResortManager, Manager at COMO Uma Ubud, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear MaBoyOmar,

It is always a delight to read such positive comments, but it is so encouraging to read a touching story made by our guests and our team.

I am glad that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and we are particularly happy knowing that you were well looked after by our team. I will pass your positive comments to Sika which I am sure it will motivate him.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you and family back to Uma Ubud.