COMO Uma Ubud, Bali
US$539
US$508
HotelsClick
1,487 results
All reviewsterrace roomour honeymoonpool villawater gardenkemiri restaurantmorning walkpool baryoga pavilioncomplimentary morningdaily yogakoi pondspa treatmentssunken bathoverlooking the valleyboutique hotelrice fieldsmain pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 September 2009

Me and my partner was having so much fun staying at UMA Ubud.
The elegance and classy service from Uma Crew made our honeymoon so priceless.
The food at Kemiri restaurant was so good either, I would recommend everyone to taste flavor where 'West meet East'.
Once you stay at Uma Ubud, you will think twice to stay at other hotels in Ubud.
Thanks Uma Crew, especially to the Resident Manager who prepared us "suprising honeymoon' party for us.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2009

I don’t usually splurge for digs this posh, but since my airfare was essentially free (thanks to frequent flyer miles) I decided to pamper myself a bit. I’m spending my last of 7 nights at the Uma Ubud and am a very satisfied customer.

The hotel is a group of thatched roof cottages built into the side of a valley. The facilities are meticulously maintained. It feels more like a park than hotel grounds. There’s a large pool and bar area kind of in the middle of everything, with free wifi access.

My room (#32) overlooks the valley and is appropriately sized and equipped for the price. The bathroom and shower are palatial. Nights here are unbelievably quiet. You hear nothing but natural sounds and the occasional beat of a ceremonial drum from some hidden temple. I haven’t slept this soundly in years. The rooms are set up in a fashion that you often feel like you are the only one on the grounds.

Everyone from the check-in staff to the gardeners always has a friendly smile and greeting. I took a couple of tours from the hotel and found the information provided the guide on Balinese culture and religious traditions made the tour worth its cost (you can hire a driver for less in downtown Ubud if transportation is all you need).

Since I prefer rather simple western food, I did not use the hotel’s restaurant. If you turn right at the hotel entrance and walk about 50M, you’ll find the West End Cafe, which serves very tasty sandwiches. To the left and across the road about 75M you’ll find Naughty Nuri’s, an American style barbeque joint favored by English speaking ex-pats (and Japanese tourists, somewhat to my surprise). I also saw Japanese, Mexican and traditional Balinese restaurants within easy walking distance of the Uma.

It would be nice if the Uma were closer to central Ubud, but I doubt the space existed to build a hotel complex this large nearer to town. I used the free shuttle many times and it was always reliable.

I suppose some people might quibble about some aspects of the Uma Ubud, but from my perspective if this hotel doesn’t make you happy, you probably can’t be pleased.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 September 2009

Beautiful location, luxury rooms and friendly staff - nothing too much trouble, all requests carried out promptly and courteously. if you are staying in Ubud, you should stay here!

Reviewed 29 August 2009

The Uma is quite something else from the moment you arrive in Uma Ubud you feel at one. The staff were amazing and genuine and nothing was too much trouble. We travelled for our Honeymoon and this was the perfect place to enjoy the first few days of our honeymoon( we stayed for four days before heading onto the Samaya, Seminyak). They offer Yoga overlooking the rice fields (Kelly went as it was the first day after we arrived and it was at 8am, I stayed in the massive bed) Breakfast was then down in a secluded spot with the large pool with some quite amazing fish this was the perfect spot the start the day! The Uma was great at taking us on a half day tour and our Guide Anun was brilliant, informative and did a great job in showing us some of the many artistic sides To Ubud as well as the Temples and the Volcano's The following day we went on a bike ride with Anun and this was and is a defo if you want to see and meet some of the most smiley people youn will ever meet. We passed through many Villages and in everyone all the kids would shout hello as we passed on the bikes and any one you engaed with a smile flashed one back as though you were a long lost relative! One old mans smile that lit up his face from a serious look to sheer joy when I caught his eye and smiled at him will stay with me forever..Well reccomend anyone doing this as you get to see a real part of Bali and it's quite an experience if you happen to run into a cremation ceremony which we did let alone being out amongst the lucious green of the rice fields. The room we had at the Uma was split on two sides by a open air reception/seating area with a water feature. The bedroom was very large and the bathroom on the other side of the reception was part open air which is what staying at the Uma is all about...It's different and with a modern twist it really does work. The Uma was great as part of a two stop as after such a long flight it gave us a chance to unwind and take in some of the culture as well as enjoying the spa facilities offered. Well worth doing a tour through the hotel as the guides speak good English and seem to have a real interest in making sure you get to see the best Quality that Ubud has to offer. If your unsure where to stay in Ubud this is without doubt one very cool, relaxed and amazing place to do just that!
Ian & Kelly, Bristol, UK.

1  Thank Ian S
Reviewed 28 August 2009

We stayed at Uma Ubud following 7 nights stay at Bali Pavilions in Sanur, as the final part of our honeymoon.

We were greeted with refreshing cool flannels upon arrival, and were upgraded by the receptionist from a suite to a pool villa because we were honeymooners, which was such a lovely touch. The staff are so friendly.

Our suite wasn't quite ready when we arrived (1pm) so we sat in the pool/bar area, where we received a complimentary drink. We relaxed here until our room was ready, and I borrowed a book from their library which I read during our 3 day stay. The toilets just in this area are amazing - fresh clean towels, luxury toiletries, amazing!

Our suite was just beautifully decorated, white and fresh. The staff carried our luggage up and down so many steps without a complaint (and our cases were extremely heavy). They delivered a complimentary bottle of rose wine and a tin of chocolates too.

The bath was filled with water and rose petals...so inviting! We felt like royalty, it was just beautiful and cosy. Our view was of the jungle! We didn't get an awful lot of sun, maybe it was because we were so far into the jungle? We could have sunbathed in the main pool area but felt like we would be wasting having our own private space!

We didn't order any room service as it was pricer than where we had stayed previous, but there are a few local shops nearby. Housekeeping was excellent. Internet connection was brilliant, no problems with the speed. As it is located in the jungle, there was a lot of noise going on, which you soon learn to live with.

We stayed on a B&B basis, breakfast was a real feast, with so much to choose from on the menu. The fresh juices were delicious, everything was so freshly prepared, served by friendly staff.

Outside Uma Ubud, we didn't venture too far..although we ate a few times at Naughty Nuri's - a bbq restaurant which was fantastic. It's always busy but so worth the wait. We also ate at Miniami - a japanese restaurant, which was fantastic.

Fantastic resort, brilliant staff, no complaints (except mosquitos!).

1  Thank Alloboots