We stayed at the Chedi Club for 4 days over Easter followed by 4 days at the St Regis in Nusa Dua (you can read my other review for that) with a 3-year old toddler. The hotel is showing a little bit of wear and tear but the property itself is stunning and the service is absolutely out of this world. Highly, highly recommend. We stayed in a pool villa.
- Service is just amazing. Each room is assigned a butler who really goes out of his way to attend to your every need. Our butler made restaurant reservations for us and sorted out transport (to and from) without us even having to ask. We hired a babysitter so we could go out and he came and checked on the babysitter and our son while we were out to make sure he was okay. We did the rice paddy dinner and my husband did not finish his scallops and the chef personally came and asked us if the food was okay since he saw that there were leftover scallops on my husband's plate and then offered to re-do a 3-course meal the next day for us. The list goes on and on.
- Small boutique hotel, with only ~20 rooms/villas. Service is really personalized. Everyone addresses you by name. The hotel was running on full occupancy but felt so serene and peaceful.
- Beautiful property with stunning views of the rice paddies, beautiful lagoon in the hotel with swans and fish for the kids to feed. Beautiful pool and setting overall. Such a peaceful environment.
- Well laid out and spacious villa. We had a pool villa that had a decent sized pool and outdoor Sala and separate sitting area. 2 sinks in room and large indoor shower and huge outdoor pool.
- Reasonably fast/strong wifi signal (for Indonesia) and free
- Spa was very nice and reasonably priced for a this type of hotel. My husband and I each did a 1 hour massage and the treatment was good (not amazing) but the ambiance was spectacular with the treatment room opening up into the rice paddy.
- This hotel is not really built for children, so don't go there expecting a children's play room or children's pool. Despite the lack of children's facilities, the staff goes absolutely out of there way to accomodate families. There is a children's menu. The chef took our son on a kitchen tour and made him an ice cream treat, etc etc.
- The room is cleaned by the butler on a daily basis and while tidy, didn't really feel spotless.
- Only one restaurant. While the food was good, it was not mind blowing. The restaurant venue is beautiful though.
- The gym is minimal. 2 bikes, 1 treadmill, 1 elliptical, a few weights. Disappointing.
Definitely book a pool villa. There is a public pool and it is beautiful but not huge and not that many sitting out areas. Also, try and book a pool villa with a rice paddy view.
Also definitely do the rice paddy dinner (candlelight dinner in the rice padies) - it was a really unique and memorable experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chedi Club at Tanah Gajah, Ubud, rests within an exclusive private estate, comprises of 7 one bedroom suites, 9 one bedroom pool villas, 3 family (two bedroom) or spa (one bedroom) villas and a two bedroom Hadiprana villa, leisurely spread throughout a substantial four hectares of beautiful garden, encompassed by an infinite vista of rice fields. All hotel guests enjoy personal butler service and the Club benefits including welcome drink and cold towel upon arrival, daily newspaper and seasonal selection of fresh fruit in suite or villa, daily A la carte breakfast in suite/villa or at The Restaurant, daily laundry service up to 6 pieces per person (dry cleaning not included), complimentary minibar with alcoholic selection (refreshed once daily), complimentary afternoon tea from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm in suite/villa or at The Bird Lounge or The Pool Pavilion or The Club Lounge, complimentary daily sunset cocktails from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm in suite/villa or at The Bird Lounge or The Pool Pavilion or The Club Lounge, private car service to/from Ubud Centre from 8am to 6pm, free Wifi, free unlimited access to the health club, yoga studio and tennis court. Other facilities include a spa, 28m swimming pool and amphitheatre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Agoda, TravelUp, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Chedi Club Tanah Gajah, Ubud, Bali – a GHM hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chedi Hotel Ubud
- The Chedi Hotel
- The Chedi Club Tanah Gajah, Ubud, Bali – a GHM Hotel