This was first trip without our kids for the last 7 years (except a 4 day jaunt in Paris). We have stayed in many many wonderful hotels over the years and whilst facility wise its not the best. Service wise it cant be faulted. Often with service its what you dont see that makes the difference. We had the pool villa and a butler. Its the skill of the staff and what they do that makes this place different. By the first day all of the staff knew our name and what we liked etc.
Simon Spiller made the effort to introduce himself to us on the first day. This place is class act.
In point form.
The Bad or could be improved
- The gym needs to be bigger and more equipped. Every time we went to use it (4 times) there was another couple training and this gym cant handle 4 persons. Needs natural ventilation too
- Decking in villa 10 near pool needs to be re laid. You could cut your foot on protruding nails
- Its a case of what you want when you want it and where you want it. Its your choice yours
- 4-6pm free high tea
- 6-7pm Free cocktails (Tanah Gajah recommended)
- Service levels beyond reproach- attentive, friendly and just intuitive.
- Bowa our butler who organised everything and made sure we had everything.
- The grounds are spacious and beautiful
- The hotel only has 20 rooms and is a very quiet retreat.
- The restaurant is lovely and the staff amazing.
- Butler Bowa plays a mean game of ping pong and I asked him to give 100% and win and he did that he beat me 4-2. Respect for being honest.
- They always serve you from the right (once again just the little things)
- The vista from the restaurant over the working rice fields.
I could go on and on and on. All the staff were incredible and Bowa gets a mention because he was our butler. But the lovely smiling Balinese are so welcoming.
One of the possible reasons why the service is so good here is that all staff have been here for a long time. The system works!!!!
We always said that we would never stay at the same place twice. After our stay we are thinking about an annual trip here. If you want a relaxing holiday with the very best service this is the place.
A big thank you to all that made our trip so memorable. And I know that Simon Spiller (GM) will pass this onto to his staff as we appreciated every effort made by them all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ubud’s leading 5-star luxury boutique resort, The Chedi Club Tanah Gajah, rests within an exclusive former private estate and features only 20 art-filled villas in 5 hectares tropical gardens, surrounded by lush rice paddies in the heart of Bali. Villa choices include 7 one bedroom Suites, 9 one bedroom Pool Villas, 3 two bedroom Family Pool Villas and the one-of-a-kind 570m² two bedroom Hadiprana Villa. Each villa is assigned a personal butler and guests enjoy extensive complimentary Club Benefits: A la carte breakfast, afternoon tea, evening cocktails, minibar incl alcohol, laundry service, car service to Ubud, yoga classes, Wifi, and access to the 28m swimming pool, gym and tennis court. Unique activities include rice paddy trekking, cooking classes with Chef Dean or the acclaimed Kecak & Fire Dance followed by a Royal Balinese dinner at The Restaurant. The property features elegant spaces for memorable weddings and events for up to 150 guests and may be bought out exclusively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Booking.com, Expedia, MrandMrsSmith, Agoda, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Chedi Club Tanah Gajah, Ubud, Bali – a GHM hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chedi Hotel Ubud
- The Chedi Hotel
- The Chedi Club Tanah Gajah, Ubud, Bali – a GHM Hotel