We spent five nights at a pool villa in Chedi during the Lunar Holidays and returned home completely relaxed and with fond memories. We have visited Bali and stayed at the Four Seasons and the Intercontinental Resorts in Jimbaran Beach many times before. This time we wanted something different inland and the reviews for Chedi in Ubud looked quite impressive. The reasons for our overall rating of this resort as 'outstanding' are as follows:
1. The service at Chedi gets an A+ without exception. The word 'no' doesn't exist when you request something at Chedi. Starting with the valet service upon arrival and before departure, our personal butler Pardi, Chef Dean and the staff at the restaurant, the spa staff, and all the employees around the grounds of the resort, and most of all, the general manager, Mr. Simon Spiller, all excelled in meeting our expectations from a relaxing vacation. From the moment you pass through the immigration to the moment you are paying your departure tax after check-in before departure, you are being taken care, thanks to Chedi staff and mangement. That is why we say if you are searching for a perfect escape from a hectic city life, this might be an ideal choice.
2. We were very pleased with the layout of our pool villa and ended up spending most of our time there. The architect of Chedi Club certainly knew what he was doing when he designed these villas. Our butler Pardi was amazing. He made sure that we had everything we liked and desired, and always smiling. Our villa was made up twice a day and Pardi was there whenever we requested lunch served by our pool, afternoon tea served in our villa and any advice on where to go and the arrangements.
3. We loved the open restaurant in the middle of rice fields. The light breeze was very relaxing and unexpected during the humid, rainy season which we were in. We preferred having our breakfast and dinners at the restaurant and lunch and afternoon tea at our villa. The menu is a la carte and for us, this was much better than especially those breakfast buffets at large resorts. It is extremely relaxing to be greeted by the traditional Balinese music and staff as you approach the restaurant. The menu is not the longest menu you can imagine but, sometimes having a few good things in life is much better than a lot of junk. Chef Dean comes to meet the guests at their tables and finds out if you have any allergies, or food restrictions. He suggests based on your feedback what he can make for you outside of the menu. We eat lite in the evenings and Dean made wonderful main course salads for us. In the mornings, one of my favorites was the papaya and mango bowl with yogurt.
3. Last but not the least, we loved the landscaping in this resort. As experienced travelers, we thought the architect and the land landscaper were an outstanding team and they must have worked hand in hand when they designed this resort. I could never imagine dining in the middle of, and watching rice fields from my patio could be so relaxing.
We have no major criticism about this resort and hope they will keep up the good work. The general manager Simon Spiller is an experienced manager, sensitive to the needs of guests. He was professional, friendly,and welcomed guest feedback.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chedi Club at Tanah Gajah, Ubud, rests within an exclusive private estate, comprises of 7 one bedroom suites, 9 one bedroom pool villas, 3 family (two bedroom) or spa (one bedroom) villas and a two bedroom Hadiprana villa, leisurely spread throughout a substantial four hectares of beautiful garden, encompassed by an infinite vista of rice fields. All hotel guests enjoy personal butler service and the Club benefits including welcome drink and cold towel upon arrival, daily newspaper and seasonal selection of fresh fruit in suite or villa, daily A la carte breakfast in suite/villa or at The Restaurant, daily laundry service up to 6 pieces per person (dry cleaning not included), complimentary minibar with alcoholic selection (refreshed once daily), complimentary afternoon tea from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm in suite/villa or at The Bird Lounge or The Pool Pavilion or The Club Lounge, complimentary daily sunset cocktails from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm in suite/villa or at The Bird Lounge or The Pool Pavilion or The Club Lounge, private car service to/from Ubud Centre from 8am to 6pm, free Wifi, free unlimited access to the health club, yoga studio and tennis court. Other facilities include a spa, 28m swimming pool and amphitheatre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Chedi Club Tanah Gajah, Ubud, Bali – a GHM hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chedi Hotel Ubud
- The Chedi Hotel
- The Chedi Club Tanah Gajah, Ubud, Bali – a GHM Hotel