The Chedi Club Tanah Gajah, Ubud, Bali – a GHM hotel
Ranked #5 of 197 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The Chedi Club is by far the best hotel in Bali and one of the best in the world.

It is a magical and tranquil oasis in Ubud.

The rooms and service is fantastic. Couldnt be better.

Will return to this hotel again.

The GM - Simon was very helpful and extremely hospitable. Staff is excellent. Our butler - Ayu was superb.

Highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank adityapittie1972
TheChediClubUbud, General Manager at The Chedi Club Tanah Gajah, Ubud, Bali – a GHM hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for such a wonderful review! We are very happy to know that you had an enjoyable and relaxing stay with us.

I will make sure to pass on your gracious comment to your butler Ayu.

We are already looking forward to welcome you back to the Chedi Club in the not so distant future.

Thank you again for staying with us and kind regards,

Simon and the management team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,152)

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed here for 5 nights with my daughter whilst travelling the Far East , we chose a one bedroomed pool villa which was beautiful and looked out on to the rice fields , although they had recently been harvested it was still quite a sight . Breakfast here is made to order and was always plentiful and fresh , my daughter loved the restaurant in the evening though as chef dean accommodated her little requests , a very nice touch and dean certainly knows his stuff ! We tried the spa whilst here but although beautiful And clean our therapists we found to be average but then we both like to actually feel we have had a massage not just for relaxation purposes . If you also like the same as we do then I can highly recommend the Karsa spa near ubud with any of the therapists but gusti in particular is incredible . Our butler June was a sweetie and was always on hand if needed , he took us on a very informative walk around the rice fields and village and speaks very good English ...the manager here simon is also great he was very caring ( as were ALL The staff after I was bitten at the monkey forest and had a doctor in my room giving me rabies jabs within 40 mins . Although it's highly unlikely that they carry the disease I was warned not to take any chances . Overall an amazing hotel that we both totally enjoyed .

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Year2020
TheChediClubUbud, General Manager at The Chedi Club Tanah Gajah, Ubud, Bali – a GHM hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a detailed and wonderful review and sharing it with fellow traveler on TripAdvisor.

I will definitely forward your comments to Chef Dean and his culinary crew as well as June your butler.

Also, thank you very much for your feedback regarding the Spa treatment, I apologize if it has not been as good as you have expected. I'll make sure pass on your comment to our Spa team and see how we can improve our services.

Its good to know that you are feeling better and everything is fine with you after the incident at Monkey Forest.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

The Chedi Club just got better and better with each hour we were there. And my fiancee and I only stayed one night! The setting is serene, the villas are lush and rich and the rice paddy restaurant is somewhere you'll never want to leave.

The Chedi Club staff make you feel so welcome during your entire stay. The surrounds are gorgeous and feel very authentic. Our butler took us on a 6:30am rice paddy tour which was probably the highlight of our Bali trip. The food at the restaurant is incredible... breakfast, tea time and cocktail hour are all included in the price of your room. The signature cocktail hour drinks are too die for made with herbs from the hotels on property organic garden. Just divine. The yoga room has direct line of sight out over acres and acres of rice fields... definitely the most beautiful setting for a yoga class I've had to date.

Nothing about the Chedi will disappoint. If you're thinking of booking, do it. I can't wait to get back.

Room Tip: We stayed in a pool villa, SO worth it. Try to get one will a view of the rice terraces :)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica S
TheChediClubUbud, General Manager at The Chedi Club Tanah Gajah, Ubud, Bali – a GHM hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great comments about our Estate. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the rice paddy track with your butler. In the early morning when the sun is going up is the best time for it, I agree!

I will make sure to share your gracious comment about the food with our culinary team, they will be very happy to receive it.

We are looking forward to have you back with us soon and hopefully for a longer stay so you can explore the other hotel facilities as well.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I chose The Chedi Club Tanah Gajah a GHM Hotel for my 20th wedding anniversary in Bali. The hotel was huge sourrounded by green rice fields. It was suitable for couples or families to relax and re-engerize after whole busy days. The air was absolutely fresh, the place was peaceful and quiet, I felt like I could escape the polluted city and live my own paradise. My room was spacious, convenient with Asian as well as western design. It looked old-fashioned, simple with modern furniture. The perfect combination between classical and luxurious. The outdoor swimming pool was small, but bounded with natural landscape with opened wide view. It made me actually comfortable. I also enjoyed lying back in my private outdoor bathtub, having lunch in the hotel yard with great view and running in the gym with the green field view. My husband went jogging around a hotel, because he said he love its natural beauty, and wild air.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Guest,

Congratulation again on your wedding anniversary and thank you for spending it with us here at the Chedi Club!

Many thanks for sharing your experience with other travelers on TripAdvisor, we are delighted that you had a memorable stay with us.

Its nice to hear that you enjoyed the resort's peaceful setting in the middle of the rice fields and the design of your villa.

We are very much looking forward to welcome you back soon and thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We went to Chedi in September 2012 and had the time of our lives. The accomodation was pure luxury, the afternoon tea magnificent, the breakfasts out of this world and the service impressive.

From the moment you arrive your butler cannot do more to welcome you. The setting within the paddy fields are just so beautiful. I cannot say more about this hotel it was a piece of paradise! Even if you wanted to go into the town they would take you.. they really could not do enough for us.

A great honeymoon location or romantic break...if you are thinking about going think no more you must go you will not regret it!!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mr_and_Mrs_De_Chypre
TheChediClubUbud, General Manager at The Chedi Club Tanah Gajah, Ubud, Bali – a GHM hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a marvelous review and congratulation again! We are very happy to made your stay a memorable one and I'll make sure to share your comments with the entire team.

" A piece of Paradise" that's a wonderful description of our hotel, many thanks!

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

With our best regards,

Reviewed 2 May 2014

2nd time in Ubud, 4th time in Bali. This is the best place in Bali I've stayed. Everything about Chedi is 1st class. They do everything well, service, comfort, setting & food. The wifi is reliable, the staff amazingly nice, right down to the gardeners. Many things are included for free: Wifi, shuttle to town, mini-bar, water, snacks & cold cloth at the pool, high tea every afternoon, happy hour from 6:00 -7:00pm & a private butler. The spa staff were well trained and the facilities excellent. The rice paddy surroundings are serene, breezy, relaxing and beautiful. Chef Dean has an amazing and varied menu, that is constantly changing. He is super friendly and showed us the organic fruit & vegetable garden one morning. You can see and taste his passion for quality food & service. For a small fee your butler will take you on a guided tour of the rice paddy & village.

This is one of a few reviews I made that is 5 star with no complaints or areas that need improvement.

Room Tip: For total privacy book a pool villa. The pool is very nice so if you don't require complete pri...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MamaCassExpat

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for sharing such great comments about our hotel with fellow travelers. " A slice of heave" I think it could not get better then that, thank you for such a great compliment!

I am delighted that you enjoyed our various Club Benefits, we want to make life for our guests as easy and accommodating as possible that is why we have chosen to drawn in these free entitlements.

I'll make sure to pass on your note to Chef Dean, he will be very happy about it. And yes I agree he is a very passionate individual and loves to cook delicious food.

Thank you again and we look forward to see you soon back at the Chedi Club.

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed ubud for two days. Chediston gave us a really luxury relaxation experience. Very personalised service. One of best hotels. Many services are free . Makeme feel at home. For luxury , exclusive and relaxation. This is the one you should stay in ubud

• Stayed: May 2014
TheChediClubUbud, General Manager at The Chedi Club Tanah Gajah, Ubud, Bali – a GHM hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Its nice to know that we were able to make you feel like at home, a wonderful compliment, thank you, thank you!