“Linda and Brian Vall”

Ranked #49 of 196 Hotels in Ubud
Sydney, Australia
“Linda and Brian Vall”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We spent a couple of nights at this lovely group of villas in the rice fields near Ubud.
Our room was excellent, modern in style, with lovely comfy bed and plenty of space. The bathroom was very clean ,With toiletries for our use. Outside we had a pool and day bed looking out to the fields. Nice to sit out and enjoy the view or read. No sign of mosquitoes etc. We used the complimentary shuttle into Ubud which was very handy. We loved the complimentary afternoon tea and the staff were always very courteous . Hope we can return someday!!

Room Tip: The corner villa has the best view of the rice fields, but in our opinion all rooms are basically th...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Me and my partner just stay there few days ago. We had a pleasant stay at Alam Puisi.

Hotel were relatively new with small private pool. Room very big and spacious with big bath tub also. We stay near the lobby, so in the morning I still can hear motorcycle and car passing by near the hotel. Hotel provide free shuttle bus to Ubud Central, but timing not so frequent. Maybe once in 3 hours.

Hotel gave quite souvenir when we checked out. And staff also helpful and friendly.

I have some feedback to Alam Puisi Villa :

1. Cleanliness on the towel and dining gazebo. I found my pillow on my dining gazebo are dirty. And also on the mosquito net on the dining gazebo should clean frequently.

2. Provide rubbish bin near the bath tub, since only have one rubbish bin inside toilet.

3. More facial tissue inside bathroom. I need to go outside bathroom to get facial tissue to use.

4. Wood cupboard. I don't know why, but I really don't like if hotel provide wood cupboard. Alam Puisi using wood cupboard, and when I open it, I don't like the smell of the wood. Hope they can change it to something better.

4. I tried yoga that hotel provided and the yoga mat is soo thin that hurt my body. Should change the mat to the normal yoga mat that people usually use. I found it a bit dangerous using Alam Puisi yoga mat because it was too thin and I afraid I will injured myself.

5. Breakfast menu. Breakfast here is not like normally hotel do (buffet), here we need to order the breakfast menu from their book. Breakfast menu only have 3 choices. I choose Indonesian fried rice, but I need to wait around 30 minuted before my breakfast come to my table. On the same time, there were another group breakfast together with me, they came later then me but their food come first. One of the staff gave wrong food to me, I though it should be my food, but after she put on my table she apologized and said that food was for the group tour. Should improve better service during peak time.

Will consider to go back here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
AlamPuisiVilla, Manager at Alam Puisi Villa, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your continued support of our Villat.

I am distressed that we fell short of your expectations and our own standards in the areas you have highlighted, starting with the villa standard facilities, the problem of cleanliness of the villa area the yoga mat and the quality service in our restaurant. We do take your comments seriously and I have personally addressed these issues with my team members to take immediate corrective measures for improvement to avoid an occurrence of this nature in the future.

You will also be happy to know that the group which you mentioned on your comment already order the breakfast one day before therefore we already prepared their breakfast earlier without taking order, but this is still our vault that we are not aware which one is our group guest and fit guest. Again we are very sorry for the inconveniences caused.

We do hope that this experience has not permanently tarnished your opinion of us and that we will have the opportunity in the future to regain your confidence in our Villa. If there is anything else I can do for you in the meanwhile, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Until then I remain with warm regards from the island of the gods,

Suksma,

Nita
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stayed at this new hotel on 22 July. The villa was lovely- very beautifully decorated with a very big bathroom. The small pool was also lovely. The staff are extremely helpful and willing and are very keen to enhance their guests' stay. The location is very quiet so if you are wanting to be close to the centre of Ubud these villas are probably not right. There is though a shuttle service from the hotel. I hope this new hotel continues to do well.

• Stayed July 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Absolutely loved this villa for our 5 night stay. Our room was very clean and comfortable with a huge bed and bathroom. Beautiful views out looking onto the pool and rice fields. Amazingly no Mosquitos however the rooms have mosquito nets if required.
We rented a scooter to get us to centre of Ubud. Lovely 10 - 15 min ride into town through the local villages. Central Ubud is so busy that it made coming back to our villa or the more relaxing.
The Restaurant is fairly expensive ... A little too expensive, however this is no reason not to stay here as the restaurant does provide beautiful views over rice paddies.
Also make sure you visit the local organic restaurant about 1km down the road.
highly recommend these villas!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Nad189
Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is a new beautiful villa where the staff is just WONDERFUL!
We rented 2 rooms for 2 nights. Each room is very spacious with a king size comfortable bed, and a large bath area. The private pool with the outdoor patio bed adds a nice touch. The villa in the middle of beautiful rice paddy fields, half hour from Ubud town; we liked this since Ubud town is too busy. No mosquitoes in the room inspite of being in the midst of the fields.

The front desk (thanks Ayu!) arranged an all day taxi to visit the Mother temple, Holy Spring temple, Volcano and coffee plantation. Wayan the driver was extremely nice.
On checkout day, we were able to leave our bags in the villa, take the shuttle to Ubud, and they sent a taxi with our bags, when we were done and ready to head back to Seminyak. That was very helpful.

The restaurant is good and we had the complimentary breakfast and also had dinner there both nights. I attended yoga stretch class which was nice; would suggest they upgrade the yoga mats to the soft ones rather than the bamboo hard mats. The complimentary foot massage and Balinese massage was good.

Overall, a beautiful clean, well-maintained villa with amazing staff! Highly recommend!!

Room Tip: Both our rooms were perfect.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank calif_traveller_2000
Szekesfehervar, Hungary
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I was there with my wife for 3 days. It is one of the most beautiful place in Bali, located near Ubud (free shuttle service). Luxurious private villas with own pool and exterior bed. The staff is extremly kind. I can only recommend. We rent a motorbike at alam puisi and discovered the area. The afternoon tea is a nice gift from the hotel, you can enjoy your tea and a piece of cake with a ricefield panorama. Overall, this was far the best accomodation during our trip in Bali.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed at Alam Puisi for 2 nights. We could rejuvenate our soul when staying there since it was peaceful n calm. We listened the sound of nature during the nite, frog n cricket. The air was so fresh n the water so cool. Till we meet again, Alam Puisi

Room Tip: Book a room on the corner so you can get whole view of paddy field
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Nita W, Manager at Alam Puisi Villa, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Ibu Julia & Family,

Om swasti astu...

Thank you very much for your kind thumb up to Alam Puisi Villa. We are really appreciated with your kind comment. we will share it to all of our staff member and we are looking forward to welcoming you again at Alam Puisi Villa.

Suksma,