“family of 4 stay in March 2013”

Champlung Sari Hotel
Ranked #95 of 197 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in March 2013, it was myself, my husband and our two young boys 4 & 8 years old.
Firstly there was an error with our booking, (driver did not collect us from the airport, and hotel simply told us that they "werent coming") Thankfully a nice driver let us use his mobile to find this out, and we organized our own transport to Ubud.
We were told that we would have a room with a double bed, and a fold out bed for our two boys. Upon arrival there was a double bed and a tiny single bed for the 4 of us. We were told this was all there was...
The rooms were kept very clean, they were cleaned daily, and fresh linens each day. The bath towels were gross though and were a greyish colour and they stunk when they were wet.
food at the resturant there was triple the price that you can get on the street, as were the mini bar contents. We would just use and then go to the mini mart to replace.
The grounds of the hotel are lovely, and the pools are immaculate.
Breakfast was very average. Not much on offer (im not fussy either) Bacon once in the 5 days, a couple of choices of fruit, ceral and toast.
You need eyes at the back of your head too because the monkeys will try and steal your food... sit in the middle of the breakfast area.
Overall I personally wouldnt stay here again, for the money we spent we could have got a lot more for our money elsewhere.

Room Tip: dont consider staying here if you have children. The rooms are not big enough, we stayed in a deluxe...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank shannons1977

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Perfect location right next to monkey forrest. So amusing to se the monkeys on the terrace in the morning and at breakfast.
Really nice and clean hotel, two wonderfull pools. Tranquil gardens. Spacious rooms, clean with very good beds. Very friendly staff.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the forrest guarantee you to see the monkeys waking up in the morning
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 March 2013

We stayed here for two nights, very spacious rooms and great value for money. Lovely pool and strong wifi in the lobby. Breakfast was very average, so we ate out on the second morning. Monkeys come and visit the restaurant in the mornings :) Overall, we would return to this hotel if ever in Ubud again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We started our bali trip with the Champlung sari.
We decided to get the deluxe room which from what I can tell is much larger than a standard room and also has a huge balcony.
The room was exactly as depicted in the photos on the Website. The only minor issue was the lack of a shower screen or curtain in the bathroom made for very wet floors.
The service at this place is amazing. Even for bali's high standards. You can't go swimming in one of the 2 perfect pools for more more than a few minutes without being asked if you would like a cocktail bought to you poolside of course.
All staff speak good English and are very professional and very friendly.
The food is quite good. Slightly more expensive than local restaurants but not by much. The quality of food was also very good. For the western tourists don't bother with the steak. Not the best but why go to Bali to have steak?
I am intending on staying here when I come to Ubud again.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank KaitlinKelseySmith
Reviewed 23 February 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. The hotel grounds are very lovely. Service was very good. We chose this hotel to be close to the monkeys. Just a warning, if you don't like monkeys you won't like staying here. The very first morning here, we had monkeys on our balcony. I made the mistake of petting a small one. Her mother came flying at me from nowhere, and bit me hard enough to put a hole in my arm! I ended up getting rabies shots because of the incident. I LOVE animals so this really didn't put a damper on my trip, but just be ready for aggressive behavior. This is a very touristy area, so keep that in mind as well when your planning your trip.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank yogajesse
Reviewed 21 February 2013

(Date of stay: 13 FEB - 16 FEB, Standard Room)

PROS: Lovely location right near the Monkey Forest. This hotel has 2 gorgeous pools and after a day of walking around Ubud it is so lovely to relax around the pools. I had my best massage in Bali at their spa! So relaxing that I fell asleep. The staff are very friendly and always helpful. The room was air-conditioned and I slept very well here. I thought the size of the room was fine and there was plenty of room to unpack. I liked the open style bathroom. The monkeys paid us a visit in the mornings at breakfast which was entertaining. The staff move the monkeys on whenever they come near enough to where people are eating. Much older crowd here and young families and couples. It's lovely and quiet with a great atmosphere.

CONS: The linen and pillows in my room were looking quite tired. The linen had stains on it and the pillows were lumpy. However I am a bit fussy with my pillows so most people won't even notice this I hope! I was initially excited about the bathtub, but then noticed it was quite stained and needed a good clean so I just went for a swim instead! Yes, the shower water goes everywhere, but just put the bathmat on the floor and you'll be fine. I thought that breakfast was less than average. I was not impressed at all. I would highly recommend spending a little more money going elsewhere to eat. The restaurant was dreary too but I didn't eat there, so I can't comment on the food. Please bring bug spray as you will definitely need it because the mosquitoes are quite bad here.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kat_a6
Reviewed 19 February 2013

We had a lovely stay here.
The room was so big, and whilst fairly simple in decor, I LOVED the huge windows over looking the rice field behind the hotel and the huge balcony. I could have sat out there for hours, listening to the monkeys & enjoying the view.
The bathroom was clean, and as others have said, there aren't shower curtains but it's not a big deal. Stick a bath matt down & stand under the water so it doesn't spray everywhere. Easy.
It's in a great location, just a short stroll from the Monkey Forest, and about a 15 minute walk to the top end of the main strip. Lots of restaurants can be found along the way too.
The breakfast was OK, and we didn't have any issues with monkeys during out stay, but can understand that it would be possible to have some visitors in the mornings.
Overall, nice hotel, spacious, clean & comfy rooms, and two gorgeous pools!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple