“STAY AWAY FROM VILLA 209 & 211”

The Payogan Villa Resort & Spa
Ranked #90 of 196 Hotels in Ubud
Singapore
“STAY AWAY FROM VILLA 209 & 211”
Reviewed 21 June 2010

Payogan has all the potentials to become a great resort. But pity bout the service and maintenance of the resort. The best thing of the resort is the view. Furnishing is ok as they have recently refurbished the villa after naming it d'boutique payogan. The have an LCDs tv in the room now. Cleanliness is acceptable as well. Breakfast is not fantastic but sufficient. As I'm celebrating my birthday there on my actual day, no upgrade given, no cakes and not even a wishes until I told them it's my birthday. Emailed them I prefer a villa with good view and infinity pool, but I got the worst of all villas. Upon checking in to my room, 201, there's 3 staff inside the garden plucking coconut. I personally open the front door so I guess there's another entrance to the room. No infinity pool, views blocked by trees and no privacy as staffs can go in and out. Means no skinny dip here.

Then requested for another villa as per my request, but was told they were fully booked.
Then they gave me another villa near my friend's 209. I got 211.

Remember this.
STAY OUT OF 209 & 211 AT ALL COST!
This is where our nightmare stay begins. There's a big tree in between these 2 villa, fully INFESTED with Caterpillars!!! Hundreds of them. And hundreds hang down mid air from the tree dropping all over the villas ground and pool. It was like raining of slimy caterpillars!! All over the floors. And there's only 1 way to the villa and will have to walk pass this horrendous walk way. We wasn't aware of these as the caterpillars only comes out in the evening. So when we return from ubud town, we got the shocked of our life! The staff just gave us umbrella and ask us to walk over the hundreds of falling caterpillars. And the pool can't be use as it's infested with falling caterpillars even till the next the morning. And hundreds of birds will be seen flying around the trees in the morning. I had my worst birthday fright all thanks to Payogan Villa. Certainly not for the faint hearted.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Travellers also viewed these Ubud hotels
Kupu Kupu Barong Villas and Tree Spa
#98 of 196 in Ubud
Puri Sebali Resort
Puri Sebali Resort
#39 of 196 in Ubud

Been to The Payogan Villa Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Payogan Villa Resort & Spa

Property: The Payogan Villa Resort & Spa
Address: No. 77 Banjar, Bunutan, Desa Kedewatan, P.O. Box 999 Jln. Cocoa II 2, Ubud 80571, Indonesia
Region: Indonesia > Bali > Ubud
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Spa Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
#30 Top resorts Hotel in Ubud
#66 Luxury Hotel in Ubud
#76 Spa Hotel in Ubud
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:4.5 star — The Payogan Villa Resort & Spa 4.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, ACCOR, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Payogan Villa Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Payogan Villa Resort And Spa