“Paradise!”

Ranked #33 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
Perth, Australia
“Paradise!”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I've stayed at the Tegal Sari twice now, and each time I have been stunned by the beauty of the rooms and the quality of the service! This hotel is ideal for any traveler who seeks luxury and comfort without the price tag. My partner and I stayed in the super deluxe wooden room which was spacious, beautifully furnished and offered a spectacular view. I haven't stopped fantasizing about returning since I've been home!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tarynleighbond

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My 21yr old son and I stayed here for 4 nights in room 8. Perfect location on the paddys with the monkey forest in the distance. Watching the farmers work their fields and listening to the birds, monkeys and constant trickle of water was more then we could have asked for. The staff at tegal sari are the standout, always smiling, friendly, checking in with you, making very helpful suggestions. They certainly make you feel part of their family and for this reason alone we will return. Nothing was to much trouble. The accom also offers a drop off pick up car service anywhere anytime in ubud, this was such a fantastic addition. I must say that because there is such a generous feel to this place all us guests also took this on and as such we meet some lovely people from across the world, most who have returned again and again to tegal sari. A few tips other guests told us that we did and were great we're massages in the pavilion by the pool and laundry. Your clothes come back like little pieces of art.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Sydney
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Was very impressed from the moment my family I arrived. Even though my wife speaks fluent bahasa (I speak basic bahasa), the staff at reception spoke very good english & had a smile on their faces.

The hotel is in a great location, close to shops, restuarants etc, yet the hotel was at least 150 meters back from the main road so it was very peaceful as we looked across the rice fields from our room.

The food at remester cafe run by Tegal was awesome, great food, service & price. The breakfasts were the best I have ever had, this is our 20th trip to Bali, so that is a lot of breakfasts to rate it number 1

I would highly recommend Tegal Sari, based on location, price, service & the great staff !

Room Tip: room 19 was awesome, great view & no hot afternoon sun shining in
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I stayed with my mum two years ago and back to Tegal Sari with 3 of my other friends again.

Managed to get the garden view room which turns out to be pretty nice despite the lack of paddy field view. The room was spacious and clean. Some of the furniture and toiletries were a little tired but the great hospitality made up for it. Two of my girlfriends managed to get a paddy view room and they enjoyed their stay too.

It was very nice when they said to me, "You are back" when I was checking in.

Great people, genuine services, good price.

We will be back again!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Vivavia
sydney
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We first stayed at the Tegal Sari in 2007 basing our booking on what we had read in Trip Advisor following up again in 2008 and 2009 and each time we were more than satisfied. However the prices have recently become a little expensive and they do not include breakfast any more so we would not choose to stay there again.

For first timers it would be an experience as the access and proximetry to Hannoman Street, the monkey forest plus its setting right on the padies is exceptional. They have a free shuttle which will drop you off and pick you up anywhere in Ubud so that is a bonus and the staff are very friendly and helpful all of which makes your stay a great experience.

Room Tip: The main tip for trying to get a room here is to book early or you will miss out! If you can, book t...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mustlovebali
Woerden, The Netherlands
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I have just come back from Ubud where I spent two weeks at Tegal Sari.I already stayed there two and three years ago and of course one wonders if the experience will be the same. Well it was!
This time I stayed in a superior room as I was alone. It was perfect, clean and spacious, with a wonderful view on the rice fields. I was there during Nyepi, the Balinese New Year. As the staff is respecting this Balinese tradition, there was no service on that day. But they provided food as nobody is allowed to be on the street we were asked to stay on the premices. A day of silence, why do not we do this on New Year ' s day. Tegal Sari is perfect for anyone who want to practise yoga at the Yoga Barn, only five minutes walk . There is a Circle K supermarket just around the corner. The hotel provides free shuttle to the center of Ubud and pick you up after dinner from the restaurants in town. But the biggest asset of Tegal Sari is the amazing staff! So nice and helpful. As I was on my one they took so much care of me and I was very well looked after. Nyoman, Ketut, Made, Tunik, Putu (thank you so much for the beautiful rides and for bringing me to the airport) and all the others wonderful staffmembers thank you so much for making me feel so at home in beautiful Ubud. I hope to have the chance to meet you again. If I come back it will definitively be at Tegal Sari.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank LaurenceHER
Reviewed 27 March 2012 via mobile

My stay at the Tegal Sari was an excellent introduction to Bali and Ubud. The location is on the edge of town but quite close to the yoga barn, monkey forest and hannoman street. The view over the rice paddy was wonderful and the rooms had everything I could have wanted. I treated myself to a deluxe room and stayed in a modern room for one night and then a traditional wooden room. Both were terrific, though my preference was the wooden. The staff were attentive and responsive to requests and I felt right at home. I'd recommend the Tegal Sari to all types of travelers wanting a relaxing stay in Ubud.

Stayed March 2012