“A peaceful retreat”

Ranked #33 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Torquay, United Kingdom
“A peaceful retreat”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

What a great little place this is-wonderful staff, very clean rooms and a lovely little swimming pool overlooking the rice paddies. Include free transfers within Ubud and, even though it is slightly out of the centre, it meets all requirements at a very reasonable price. We had breakfast every day and there was a good choice of food. The mie goreng selection was excellent and we mixed and matched as there were 4 of us. The pastries selection was good also. It was a great place to return to after shopping in the market in the centre of Ubud.

Room Tip: We stayed in upstairs rooms overlooking the rice paddies which were fine apart from some difficult s...
2 Thank Wrinkly one

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Very clean and peaceful. Spacious room for the Delux room with Queen size bed and 1 extra bed. Nice view with the rice field and ducks.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I've stayed at the Tegal Sari twice now, and each time I have been stunned by the beauty of the rooms and the quality of the service! This hotel is ideal for any traveler who seeks luxury and comfort without the price tag. My partner and I stayed in the super deluxe wooden room which was spacious, beautifully furnished and offered a spectacular view. I haven't stopped fantasizing about returning since I've been home!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tarynleighbond
Melbourne
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My 21yr old son and I stayed here for 4 nights in room 8. Perfect location on the paddys with the monkey forest in the distance. Watching the farmers work their fields and listening to the birds, monkeys and constant trickle of water was more then we could have asked for. The staff at tegal sari are the standout, always smiling, friendly, checking in with you, making very helpful suggestions. They certainly make you feel part of their family and for this reason alone we will return. Nothing was to much trouble. The accom also offers a drop off pick up car service anywhere anytime in ubud, this was such a fantastic addition. I must say that because there is such a generous feel to this place all us guests also took this on and as such we meet some lovely people from across the world, most who have returned again and again to tegal sari. A few tips other guests told us that we did and were great we're massages in the pavilion by the pool and laundry. Your clothes come back like little pieces of art.

Sydney
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Was very impressed from the moment my family I arrived. Even though my wife speaks fluent bahasa (I speak basic bahasa), the staff at reception spoke very good english & had a smile on their faces.

The hotel is in a great location, close to shops, restuarants etc, yet the hotel was at least 150 meters back from the main road so it was very peaceful as we looked across the rice fields from our room.

The food at remester cafe run by Tegal was awesome, great food, service & price. The breakfasts were the best I have ever had, this is our 20th trip to Bali, so that is a lot of breakfasts to rate it number 1

I would highly recommend Tegal Sari, based on location, price, service & the great staff !

Room Tip: room 19 was awesome, great view & no hot afternoon sun shining in
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I stayed with my mum two years ago and back to Tegal Sari with 3 of my other friends again.

Managed to get the garden view room which turns out to be pretty nice despite the lack of paddy field view. The room was spacious and clean. Some of the furniture and toiletries were a little tired but the great hospitality made up for it. Two of my girlfriends managed to get a paddy view room and they enjoyed their stay too.

It was very nice when they said to me, "You are back" when I was checking in.

Great people, genuine services, good price.

We will be back again!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Vivavia
sydney
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We first stayed at the Tegal Sari in 2007 basing our booking on what we had read in Trip Advisor following up again in 2008 and 2009 and each time we were more than satisfied. However the prices have recently become a little expensive and they do not include breakfast any more so we would not choose to stay there again.

For first timers it would be an experience as the access and proximetry to Hannoman Street, the monkey forest plus its setting right on the padies is exceptional. They have a free shuttle which will drop you off and pick you up anywhere in Ubud so that is a bonus and the staff are very friendly and helpful all of which makes your stay a great experience.

Room Tip: The main tip for trying to get a room here is to book early or you will miss out! If you can, book t...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple