“Excellent already, and low price is an extra”
Review of Tegal Sari

Tegal Sari
Ranked #28 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Due to room availability I stayed in Deluxe for the 1st night and Super Deluxe for the rest of the days. Actually we would prefer Deluxe even better coz it's more homey to me but both of the rooms have excellent views and room service is really good.

The hotel place is about 5 min walk to the monkey forrest yet in between of the two rice fields so gives it excellent views of the fileds esp in the morning and at sunset time. What impressed me is that it focuses very much on giving privacy of each room so that basically you don't get anyone walking pass by in front of your area. Room is very cozy and even on the first floor not damp at all. Got teatree oil in each room so it smells nice and refreshing.

Only problem is that on the first night our hot water doesn't work and we called reception, got fixed in about half an hour. And on the last day elec power ran out for about 5 min when I was taking a shower and be back on very soon.

In all it's the best place I could find with such a price. We cancelled our nextday rafting just becoz the room's so cozy and we simply don't wanna go anywhere else. The staffs there is absolutely nice and helpful. Btw, exchange rate at the hotel is quite resonable as well so if need to change any money might just chage it here.

Room Tip: Have your breakfast at the balcony of the room and enjoy your time with the ricefields.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 April 2012

What a great little place this is-wonderful staff, very clean rooms and a lovely little swimming pool overlooking the rice paddies. Include free transfers within Ubud and, even though it is slightly out of the centre, it meets all requirements at a very reasonable price. We had breakfast every day and there was a good choice of food. The mie goreng selection was excellent and we mixed and matched as there were 4 of us. The pastries selection was good also. It was a great place to return to after shopping in the market in the centre of Ubud.

Room Tip: We stayed in upstairs rooms overlooking the rice paddies which were fine apart from some difficult s...
2  Thank Wrinkly one
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Very clean and peaceful. Spacious room for the Delux room with Queen size bed and 1 extra bed. Nice view with the rice field and ducks.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I've stayed at the Tegal Sari twice now, and each time I have been stunned by the beauty of the rooms and the quality of the service! This hotel is ideal for any traveler who seeks luxury and comfort without the price tag. My partner and I stayed in the super deluxe wooden room which was spacious, beautifully furnished and offered a spectacular view. I haven't stopped fantasizing about returning since I've been home!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tarynleighbond
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My 21yr old son and I stayed here for 4 nights in room 8. Perfect location on the paddys with the monkey forest in the distance. Watching the farmers work their fields and listening to the birds, monkeys and constant trickle of water was more then we could have asked for. The staff at tegal sari are the standout, always smiling, friendly, checking in with you, making very helpful suggestions. They certainly make you feel part of their family and for this reason alone we will return. Nothing was to much trouble. The accom also offers a drop off pick up car service anywhere anytime in ubud, this was such a fantastic addition. I must say that because there is such a generous feel to this place all us guests also took this on and as such we meet some lovely people from across the world, most who have returned again and again to tegal sari. A few tips other guests told us that we did and were great we're massages in the pavilion by the pool and laundry. Your clothes come back like little pieces of art.

Reviewed 13 April 2012

Was very impressed from the moment my family I arrived. Even though my wife speaks fluent bahasa (I speak basic bahasa), the staff at reception spoke very good english & had a smile on their faces.

The hotel is in a great location, close to shops, restuarants etc, yet the hotel was at least 150 meters back from the main road so it was very peaceful as we looked across the rice fields from our room.

The food at remester cafe run by Tegal was awesome, great food, service & price. The breakfasts were the best I have ever had, this is our 20th trip to Bali, so that is a lot of breakfasts to rate it number 1

I would highly recommend Tegal Sari, based on location, price, service & the great staff !

Room Tip: room 19 was awesome, great view & no hot afternoon sun shining in
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I stayed with my mum two years ago and back to Tegal Sari with 3 of my other friends again.

Managed to get the garden view room which turns out to be pretty nice despite the lack of paddy field view. The room was spacious and clean. Some of the furniture and toiletries were a little tired but the great hospitality made up for it. Two of my girlfriends managed to get a paddy view room and they enjoyed their stay too.

It was very nice when they said to me, "You are back" when I was checking in.

Great people, genuine services, good price.

We will be back again!!