“My Second Home”
Review of Tegal Sari

Tegal Sari
Ranked #27 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Stayed for a week in May with my sister. Had one of the new rooms no 28 (upstairs). Didn't mind sharing the lovely four poster bed with Sis - didn't even know she was there the bed was so big. Was welcomed back warmly by all staff, who now tell me 'this is my second home', I couldn't agree more. Can't fault this place - the atmosphere, rooms, cleanliness and the oh so lovely staff all make Tegal Sari so SPECIAL! Had room service most nights - after walking around all day - good to just veg out in your cool room. Food always great. Had a minor medical problem and the staff quickly arranged to take me to the local medical clinic - they were most concerned about me. Going back again in August with hubbie and kids for 11 days in Villa Sesapi - CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK.

Room Tip: The super deluxe rooms have a wonderful view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 May 2012

6 of us stayed there for 4 nights in May 2012. Value for money and the service was great! Room is nicely decorated and is big enough for 3 persons. The only complaint is that they reply email very slowly. The location is not near to Kuta where you can have pubs and clubs but it's nice for those who are looking for a quite and relaxing place.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights.

The room: It is very clean with a very comfortable bed. Though it's just a superior room, it is spacious indeed for two. The do provide free coffee and tea inside the room, but I was not used to take black tea without milk (creamer is not provided). The wifi signal is not very strong in our room, therefore we have to go to the receptionist or pool side when we want to use the wifi.

The environment: Relax. Open up the room door, and you'll see a nice paddy field view, with the sound of flowing water of the pond. However, there might be some mosquito in the evening, and you might need to use the mosquito repellent at the night. This is provided by the hotel as well.

They do have other services like massage, motorbike renting. We rented a motorbike with only Rp50,000 for 24hrs, that I think is quite cheap.

Will definitely recommend this hotel to others.
For those interested, you'll have to book the hotel about 6 months in advance. Full payment is required

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Orange83
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We stayed here for a night to visit Ubud, should have booked for more! Great service from the staffs and superb view of the paddy field. Within walking distance to the famous Bebek Bengil and Pizza Bagus. Would definitely stay longer for our next trip!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I was traveling solo on this trip and felt very safe here. I'd pre-arranged for the hotel to pick me up from Padang Bai harbour en route from Gili Trawangan. Great central location within walking distance of shopping and the monkey forest. Excellent service at the hotel from the reception staff to wait staff to tour guides. Everyone made you feel at home and special, right down to a vase of beautiful flowers and a thoughtful note on my birthday! I ordered in-room service most evenings, the food was excellent. I ventured out during the day. There are excellent cafes and bistros up Monkey Forest Road. If you go out the back of the resort you are right on Monkey Forest Road, which snakes off to the left. Great shopping. Even better shopping up Hanoman Street, the street the hotel is on. Nice little boutiques, yoga stores and art galleries. I took a few tours with the hotel and in each case the English-speaking guide was informative and helpful, air conditioned vehicle, well worth the money. The hotel also provides free shuttles around town. I had them drop me off at a kecak performance one evening, and one afternoon to the hotel's partner spa. In both instances they came and picked me up too! (A day at the spa for my birthday cost $40 - head massage, body massage, body scrub, manicure, pedicure, rose petal bath, including ginger tea and cookies. Divine!) I loved the location - very central, in the middle of two busy streets but you wouldn't know it... The hotel driveway is long and there are rice fields in the middle of the hotel and it's bordered on the right by the Sacred Monkey Forest. Once you got "home" to your room it was such a tranquil place, with an evening concerto of frogs, lizards, monkeys, and a stellar view overlooking the rice fields...in the morning the farmers would be out tending their fields... Comfy bed and air conditioning, big bathroom.The tub was so huge I only tried to fill it with water once, then felt bad about wasting water. The rain shower was lovely. The rock-bottomed pool was clean and refreshing. I brought my portable DVD player and workout DVDs and had plenty of room in the living area of my room to workout during my afternoon siesta. They have a free lending library of books and DVDs at reception, and an internet area above reception as well. There are also lots of cheap and air conditioned internet cafes out the main entrance onto Hanoman Street, to the left of the hotel, as well as a 7-11 for refreshments and snacks. I used the hotel laundry several times during my stay. It was reasonably priced and back to me the next day. Tegal Sari was very peaceful and relaxing. A home away from home in an exotic land. I loved the hotel and Ubud, would go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Deluxe wooden room, top floor for an awesome view of the rice fields
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank Royalt8
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I really cannot find anything to complain about. Super Deluxe room was fantastic a great bathroom. Lovely view of rice field and great porch for late afternoon drinks, comfortable bed, quiet and efficient aircon, room was super clean as was the bedding and towels. The gardens were immaculately kept and the pool area nice. Staff could not do enough for you. Easy to use shuttle car into town. Breakfast at their cafe on the main road was really good and reasonably priced.

Excellent value and very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: We had Super Deluxe Room 19 on the ground floor.....perfect
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Just been to Tegal Sari again for my upteenth visit. You will not find friendlier, more obliging staff anywhere. Their attention to detail is fantastic and as far as wonderful value for money is concerned, you will not find it anywhere else. Well done to all the staff who are so attentive, keep the grounds so beautiful and are always ready to oblige. Treat yourself to a massage at the outdoor massage spa overlooking the rice paddies. If I cant get accommodation at Tegal Sari for the dates I am looking for, I change my flights ;-). Thank you Wayan, Indra, Pratiwi, Muning and ALL the wonderful staff.

Room Tip: Super Deluxe room No. 8 is my favourite or the Wooden Room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family