Tegal Sari
Travelocity
US$367
Cancelon
1,642 results
All reviewssuper deluxe roomvilla sesapirice paddiesmonkey forestrooftop poolfree transportbebek bengilyoga barnyoga roomlaundry serviceground floorpadi fieldsday bedstayed nightsubud centrenasi gorengvisit ubud
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We stayed at the Villa Sarung Bambu for only one night. I had accidentally booked the wrong dates and only realized this a week before arriving. I called the hotel and told them of my error an ask of tw villa was available for our actual dates and fortunately, it was only available for one of our nights. It was no problem to switch and the staff kindly offered a refund with no questions asked. First arriving, the staff was incredibly kind and personable. Everyone is sincerely interested in where you are from, where you have visited and how your trip has been. The Balinese people in general are the most wonderful people! Our room was very unique. Basically a bedroom surrounded by a beautiful pool, koi pond and outdoor bathroom. The outdoor bathroom was really cool and it was private. No worries about someone catching a sneak peak at you. The only thing that was bad about the bathroom was using it at night as there lots of bugs (which is expected when you are next to a rice field). There was a little kitchenette which we never used but there was some basic tools there if you really wanted to cook but I wouldn't bother. We had massages in our villa which were great. Just call the front desk and they will arrange. All in all, a wonderful stay. Definitely memorable.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank EvieB
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I've heard about so much of good thing about this hotel and 7 of us are excited to arrange for a stay here for our Bali trip in coming Nov. I filled in the online booking form and wait for a day, no response. So I sent another mail to ask again, responded after 3 days and informed us the room type which are available and requested for full payment.
I replied immediately to ask about the room type details and wait for another 4 days to get their answer. Superb! I like their offers! Without any delay, I replied them I would like to confirm the booking and asking for payment method. Another 3 days, they came back and informed me there are no more rooms available!!!
I'm very disappointed by their late response and confusing way of handling the online bookings. I'm surprised how can they run a business all these years to serve oversea's booking?
They should seriously look into their online booking process to retain their good name. But they are definitely out of my list now!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
17  Thank drtime
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Excellent! Super deluxe room no. 19 was perfect for us. Just like all the other reviews we could not fault this place. We walked everywhere but were offered free transport into town or restaurants. It's so peaceful I wish we'd stayed here after Legian to recharge ourselves. Definitely worth booking!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Julie K
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed in the villa Sarang Bambu and I cannot say enough great things about this property. The hotel for some strange reason does not advertise the villas on their own website. I saw a mention of the villas on TA and asked about them when there was no availability in a regular room. The villa was available and at a fairly reasonable cost in comparison to a regular room. There are some good pictures of the villa on the following website: http://www.bali-travel-life.com/tegal-sari-ubud.html. The villa was amazing. There was a small koi / goldfish pond as you entered the villa - it was on both sides of the steps into the villa. The bedroom was large with a desk, 2 huge closets, flatscreen TV with DVD player. It ios typical Balinese with a wooden peaked roof. Thr room is enclosed on 2 sides with glass doors which can be opened to the outdoors in good weather. The bathroom was completely outside which was a bit disconcerting at first until you realize that it is well shielded on all sides. The mornings were a bit nippy which made for an interesting (and short) shower experience each morning. There were 2 large solid surface sinks and a a huge bathtub for soaking (easily big enough for 2 people). The only drawback to the villa was that there was only one bedroom and no real sitting or lvingroom area. There were 3 of us and the room was large enough to accommodate an extra single bed. It wasn't ideal, but it worked for us.

The private pool was large, but not heated. We used it a couple of times, but found it pretty chilly in July. I'm sure it is wonderful during the hotter months.

The kitchen was small and sparsely equipped if you wanted to prepare anything (which we did not). There were a couple of glasses, a few dishes and 2 sets of silverware. There was a hot water pot, a supply of instant tea and a decent sized fridge (stocked with a few VERY reasonably priced minibar drinks - sodas and beer). The kitchen was kept immaculately clean by the housekeeping staff. I would wash glasses from the itchen after breakfast and leave them to dry. The staff would wash them again and put them away.

We had breakfast delivered each morning. We opted for the "egg sets" which consisted of 2 eggs prepared any way you wanted, bacon, chicken sausage, roasted tomatoes, sauteed mushrooms and either white or wheat toast. The cost of this breakfast - delivered to the room - was an AMAZING $2.50USD. We found that we did not care for the hotel's juice selection, so we went to a local market and purchased our choice of juice and kept it in the refrigerator. Note: they also had great homemade strawberry jam on request.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was immaculately clean with a comfortable bed, adequate towels plus extra towels for the pool. They also provided mosqiuto tablets and the plug in machine for them. The location of the villa is great. It is close to Monkey Forest Road and about a 2 minute walk from the entrance to the Monkey Forest Sanctuary. There are several restaurants within easy walking distance as well as numerous shops.

Another big benefit that the hotel offered was their free shuttle. Even though we had hired a car and driver, we still utilized it several times at night to get to restaurants or dance performances. This saved us from the necessity of keeping our driver over the allotted hours each day.

One note - if ypu do stay in the villa, be careful with any food that is left in the kitchen vicinity. On 2 occasions, we had a troop of monkeys come across the wall of the villa. The second time they came through, our breakfast had just arrived and my husband had to fend the monkeys off with a camera tripod to keep them from jumping on the table after the food.

I would return to this property in a heartbeat and can absolutely recommend it without hesitation.

Room Tip: Villa Sarang Bambu.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank KimDC_1
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We are currently staying in the villa which is gorgeous. It is well laid out with a private pool, kitchen diner and lounge. The bathroom is lovely with a sunken bath and ample space. The location is brilliant being only minutes walk from the monkey forest and 10-15 mins walk to Ubud centre. The meals are great and very reasonably priced and above all the staff are very attentive and friendly. A very relaxing way to spend time in Ubud.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family