“As Good As It Gets For Your Money -- But Difficult to Reserve”
Review of Tegal Sari

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ubud
Tegal Sari
Ranked #25 of 200 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 27 February 2013

You can see why this is the highest-rated budget accommodation in Ubud -- the rice paddy setting, the stone bottom swimming pool, the big rooms, the wonderful staff...even the welcoming drink they give you. All first-class. But to get a room, that can be difficult. They have their own web-site for booking but instead of letting you book immediately if there is an opening, you have to reply and tell them you are interested and then they send you another e-mail asking for your credit card information. In the meantime, the room is booked from under you. Not sure why they don't let you reserve and book with credit card in one step. While I was denied my first night, they did accommodate me for the next night - but only one night. I was told that 90 percent of their business is repeat and that guests often reserve their next stay when checking out! If you can overcome the hurdle of reservation, it will be worth your while!

Room Tip: If you are rolling the dice to get a room, why not roll sevens and ask for one on the second floor...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank Dj W
Write a ReviewReviews (1,630)

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Booking 3 months before, but only get 1 night, the staff is not to much but Very friendly. stay in super deluxe room, second floor with view to rice field. Big room with sitting area. The bathroom have a big bathtub with wonderfull view to ricefield. Fresh air, quite place, green view, nice food. Great experience to stay in here.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Edisalman
Reviewed 19 February 2013

We booked Tegal after reading TA reviews and we are definitely not disappointed !
From the first contact - booking via email through their website - we have been treated in a professional yet friendly manner, a lot of hotels in Australia could do with taking a crash course in hotel management here! We have been treated with the utmost courtesy by every staff member we have been in contact with, the check in was efficient and we were treated to a welcome drink while everything was explained to us and our bags were whisked away to our room. We were then escorted to our "super deluxe" room and shown how to get to the restaurant and Monkey Forest Rd. later that evening we were dropped into town for dinner at Fair Warung Balé (please see my review). Breakfast this morning on our verandah overlooking the rice field was magical. We were them dropped into town again and whilst we were there the staff arranged a massage for us at Peritanen, once again we were dropped off and picked up. We head to legian tomorrow but I really wish we had more nights here, never mind we will return:)
Now for the basics-
Beautiful spacious rooms, immaculately clean bathrooms, comfy beds and pillows, laundry service, hair dryer on request, water filters to fill your own water bottles, and our room was $66 a night for two, fantastic value !

Room Tip: We stayed in the super deluxe room - beautiful! Also viewed a one bedroom villa- great for couples...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank tindale17
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Tegal Sari is a quiet place in UBUD among the rice fields. Very clean, great pool. Book in advance as the hotel is booked even in low season. It is a bit of a walk from the central area but that is okay becasue they have a shuttle that will pick up nd drop off anywhere in UBUD. Staf was wonderful. Very helpful. Also this hotel is close to Yoga Barn.

Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank Evon L
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I found this hotel based on tripadvisor review. Everything that they said in the review is absolutely correct. I really love this hotel, perfect place to celebrate my birthday. This hotel can be reached through hanoman street and monkey forest street. There are a lot of restaurant, cafe and spa near the hotel. Only few minutes from YogaBarn, beautiful place to meditate. All the hotel staff is very polite and helpful. The hotel can arrange car to drop you into attraction near ubud, like kecak dance and cafe around ubud. They also have bicycle faility for free. I really like the view in my deluxe room. My room surrounded with paddy view. Besides, the room is very good with the amount only idr 550,000. The room is very spacious and the bathroom is very clean. The pancake for breakfast also very delicious, you have to try it. The garden and how they arrange every room and swimming pool is very beautiful. I feel like in the secret garden. I found that there is a room like rapunzel room in this hotel, this room is new and located in the tower. You have to book this hotel 3-6 months before because of always fully booked. I definitely will be back to this hidden gem

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank MissRiani
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Arrived from Seminyak and quickly clicked into the change of pace. Nice room, view, services and locate. Could not find fault. Waking up to the views of rice fields was lovely, Would recommend to those that want a chillax between the partying towns and shopping.

Room Tip: Get a first floor roome
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank bettyboppy
Reviewed 9 February 2013 via mobile

I booked two nights in Tegal Sari because of the rave reviews in Tripadvisor. I booked approximately three months in advance before my arrival as recommended by the hotel. As it turned out, the hotel is an oasis surrounded by rice field off the main road. For the price that I paid, it truly is a bargain. I highly recommend Tegal Sari to everyone.

• Stayed: February 2013