“Really enjoyable”
Review of Tegal Sari

Tegal Sari
Ranked #29 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We booked two rooms for our family of four, one above the other. Super Deluxe rooms that overlooked the rice field. Loved double access to hotel out onto two different roads, helped when carrying shopping. Close to everything - we walked all over Ubud. Will definitely stay again. Staff very friendly and helpful both when booking and during our stay.

Room Tip: Pick an upstairs room to gain breezes and view.
There are newer reviews for Tegal Sari

Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderful stay here. Really love the ambience and tranquilly that Ubud offers. Ubud is about an hour away from Kuta and we fell in love with this place.

Was fortunate to find availability for a super deluxe room and had to book five months in advance. And had to pay in full at time of booking, something that I normally avoid but took a chance coz I really wanted to stay here and love the peacefulness of this place. We chose the pick up service and it was only $20 for a family of four. We were staying at Courtyard Nusa Dua (see my review) and they were able to pick us up right from the hotel.

They greeted us with a nice iced tea and they were so helpful and friendly. Our room was overlooking the rice fields so different than what I'm used to and so beautiful, I wish I could go back now.

The room was so clean with nice crisp white linens, there was a balcony with seating area right in front of the room. The bathroom was clean with a large jacuzzi with a large window next to it. It also had a separate shower with dispensers for shampoo/conditioner/shower gel. It would have been great if the shower had a light above because it was dark even with the lights on in the bathroom. And for some reason, the water seemed to overflow from the shower to the bathroom when taking a shower, not sure what happened there but good thing for the bath towel mat. WIFI was very slow but I was glad that I was able to check my emails atleast. I didn't like the weird alpha numeric password and you always have to log on whenever we turned off our devices. Wished they just made the password easier.

The pool was very nice but I don't think it was heated but it was nice to take a plunge when it's hot and humid. The pool was also in between the rice fields. Our room was more in the back and closer to the monkey forest street. The pool was halfway from the lobby to our room and I enjoyed walking the narrow path surrounded by rice fields. We had breakfast at the hotel restaurant at the rear of the hotel and it was great. We also had room service and they were all affordable. But there are many restaurants close to choose from. The laundry service was also affordable but preferred going to the laundry service close to the hotel. Just turn left from the front of the hotel. The hotel also offered free shuttle within a five kilometers but you have to pay if you want to be picked up but it's really not much.

We took advantage of the amazing day spas around and really like Sang Spa (check my review for them soon, don't normally review attractions but will definitely do one for them).

Would definitely stay here again next time we're in Ubud and make sure I book way in advance.

Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 5 January 2014

This place is amazing and very beautiful with the settings of the paddy field beside the hotel but it is a bit hard to find. Please be alert on the sign board beside the road. Me and my gf stays in room no 10 whereby it is near the reception, we arrived early and our room was not ready yet. The reception, Mr Kendut show us around the hotel and their faccilities. He is a friendly guy and explain to us a lot of interesting thing that we can in Ubud which is a slightly rural area compare to Kuta. The hotel offers massage, a mini swimming pool, a mini gym and he even show us to other rooms when the guests were not check in yet. The hotel location is perfect whereby it is near to supermarket and various restaurants to cure your hunger. Bebek Benggil the infamous crispy fried duck is about 200m away from the hotel. The hotel offers free transport to Ubud village as well, surprisingly, they offer pick up too with just a call to them and they are here for you! Very convinient. Walking distance to the monkey forest as well using the back entrance with just 300-400m away!
The staff there were extremely friendly, they greet you with a very cheerful smile and some of them even ask you how you doing? how is your trip? how can they help? it makes me feel that we are one family. The hotel's driver that bring us to Ubud market shares a lot of knowledge to us regarding the culture, heritage and the people of Ubud
Room was very clean and the fragrance of the shower gel and the shampoo offers a very relaxing smell. Our room locate upstairs NO 10 where we can see the beautiful paddy field which gave us a very peace of mind.
Breakfast was good and the price is reasonable where you can enjoy your breakfast beside the beautiful paddy field!
I gave this place a double thumbs up and i will definitely opt to stay here on my next trip!
Bear in mind for those who wanted to stay here, please book in advance few months before you come cause the room was very limited and there were some guests that rent to stay for a long period! i booked this place at September for a Wooden room but it was fully book, so i opt for a deluxe room which is the last room that they can offer during the day i go!
This place is very worth to go and it is perfect for those who love being with mother nature!
Another tips, dont forget the sunset view there! sunset view at the paddy field is my first first experience of my lifetime!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jasonp923
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I was wondering to write or no this review because Tegal Sari is a real jewel and I would like to keep it for me. But, the place and the staff deserve to be commended. I came to Ubud after one conference in Nusa Dua and the 4 stars hotel. Tegal Sari was ten times better! As I made my reservation late, my room was the simplest one but clean, calm with terrace looking to the rise fields. The room has free coffee or tea, and free Internet. The place is so nice that you don't need to go anywhere. Certainly I went. The fantastic and patient staff helped me and answered to all my numerous questions. The hotel has a very good restaurant and you should try some food including pancake with banana and Dadar Gulung with coconut and palm sugar syrup. The Monkey forest is only 10 minutes walking and very near is the supermarket, “Coco”, where you can buy for good prices excellent fruits, Balinese coffee and “Monggo” chocolate, even some nice souvenirs. I enjoyed so much staying in Bali and when I will come back it will be again to the Tegal Sari.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 99Jasna
Reviewed 4 January 2014

This place is everything a hotel should be from the fantastic staff to the wonderful grounds.we stayed in a super deluxe upstairs and the views over the rice fields where fantastic peaceful and great to sit and contemplate.we had 1 problem leaky air con but 1 phone call 10 min and finished. When I first booked I read all the reviews and thought nah could not be that good but it is a better it is a good 15 - 20 min walk to the markets there are plenty of great eating places nearby and they can organise anything you need from transport to guides and tours. I would highly recommend the tegal sari no hesitation.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank woosterwoo-2
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I and my children love our stay here in Tegalsari, surrounded by so many good restaurants, for us epicurean, this is heaven.
Well designed spacious room, with a terrace overlooking the paddy field so soothing for our eyes. There are minimarket nearby to buy all needs. I spent the afternoon walking around to see the paddy field from all angle. My eldest son spend his afternoon in the bathtub overlooking the paddyfield with a good book in his hand. My daughter take her youngest brother and asked him posed around for a series of photograph taking. Every body enjoy so much. In the evening, after every one bathed, we strolled out for dinner in a nearby restaurant.

1  Thank AnitaJo J
Reviewed 31 December 2013

This place is amazing, it's gorgeous & very tranquil!
The staffs are very helpful from the day I placed my booking and to my surprise it's an affordable beautiful place.
We booked a super deluxe wooden room no.20, not only the room is huge the view is also amazing. Our kids (age almost 3 & 1) really loved the rooms, they loved hanging out on the balcony in the morning, seeing birds on the paddy field & enjoyed the nice view & refrshing air.

When we first arrived we noticed that our sink is not working but they fixed it right away. The room not only spacious but also very very very cleaned. We roaming around in the room slippers-free yet our feet is clean. But as we slept in a super deluxe wooden room with a traditional syle room, you may noticed thare some "dirty-thingy"fell down from the roof, most of them in the balcny.

overall, it's a pleasant experience to grab a piece of tranquility in affordable way. We will definitely coming back to Tegal Sari when we visit Bali again some times.