“Exceptional service”

Tegal Sari
Ranked #31 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
“Exceptional service”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Exceptional service, friendly staff, great location, beautiful surroundings, value for money. Nothing was too small or a bother for the staff. I felt totally at home. I highly recommend Tegal Sari if staying in Ubud.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Great location, great service especially from wayan(he is so kind and seem to love his job), Nice clean rooms, great view on the rice field, Nice pool! They offer free transportation to go in ubud center, market, dance show. It is very easy to book dance shows or others.We would recommend without hesitation.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I am a regular customer in Tegal and have stayed here 4-5 times. Every time I stayed was a delight.

Now why the 1 review?

I have a Sept 2014 booking - fully paid at least 6 months ago. They just emailed me there will be a renovation at that time, and will be noisy.

I wrote to them saying in that case, I will just book my stay to September the year after.

I booked a superior room on the first night, and a super deluxe wooden on the second night. For the first night, they said the superior room would be under renovation so if I want to book a higher grade room I have to pay the difference. During the time of booking they promised that if there is a renovation the upgrade is free. But now they refuse to provide the free upgrade.

Moreover, for the second night, on the super deluxe wooden, they told me that there will be a price increase and I have to pay the new price if I stay beyond April 2015. After I paid for the room 6 months in advance, there is no price protection??? Considering there is a renovation?

After 10 emails, I decided to call them to iron out. I thought it was just a language problem. But no, they insisted. They refuse to charge back to amount through my credit card, and can only do bank transfer. The fees will eat away the refund! And at the end, after explaining to them why they should honor my price, they just refuse to listen. Heck, they have my money anyway.

I cannot believe the hotel I consider my home in Bali for the past 2 years is a sleazy penny pincher and takes advantage of the situation. Totally disappointed. I guess because there are a lot of customers, I don't really make a difference to them. Well, they now make no difference to me!

Time to search for a new favorite place! I may stay one last time due to the payment, but that's about it! Adios Tegal!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
13 Thank bankergirl1016
Melaka, Malaysia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Tegal Sari provides accommodation right in the middle of rice field. If you soak yourself in the bathtub with the window open, you can see rice field around u! We stayed in a super deluxe room with an extra bed. The beds are comfortable. There are ciku trees planted around our room! The swimming pool is small but clean. There are organic plantation behind our room. Water refills are available. Location is excellent.

Room Tip: Super deluxe room is good for a family of 4.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SiewLanG_13
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Enjouyed my stay at Tegal Sai - firendly and helpful staff. The duplex was very comfortable although the spa is a bit of a waste. Facilities are great although the pool could do with an upgrade. I was very impressed by the environmental aspect - water bottles could be refilled and pool towels were alloacted per room saving on excessive use of towels and unnecessary washing. great intitatives that other hotels could emulate!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Thank you to the team at a Tegal Sari for making our stay wonderful. Indra, Ida and Maday. We did the Good Morning walk organised by Tegal Sari and it was very informative and a wonderful way to see the real Bali. The massages were fabulous and fantastic value. The Warung Semester served fabulous food. I loved my stay and hope to return soon with my family. Big Thank you to the Team

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2014

i have yet to find a hotel that has such a relaxing scenic view. there are restaurants ,shopping and cultural attractions almost on your doorstep. the price of a super deluxe room is exceptional value for money. i find it very convenient to arrange private tours through the hotel reception and i can vary the sites and times during the tour to suit our needs.
the staff are amazing. they are always friendly , smiling and always willing to talk to guests to answer any questions. the staff also quickly provided me with extra chairs and minibar supplies when we had guests visit. thank you Tegal Sari for making our visit so relaxing and enjoyable

Room Tip: i prefer super deluxe rooms 19,21,29,31