“Wow, wow and wow!”

Ranked #31 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
Ipoh
“Wow, wow and wow!”
Reviewed 22 April 2009

Tegal Sari was my first stay in Bali. We arrived at 11.30pm at the hotel, upon arrival we were greeted with a refreshing drink. We stayed 2 nights at the Deluxe Wooden room which was amazingly romantic. It was my husband's birthday the night we arrived and a chocolate cake that was set at the room plus sweetly decorated with flower petals. The room was spotlessly clean. Not to mention the superb service by the staff. They would go to any end to make your stay a pleasant one. Breakfast was sumptous especially the banana pancake. Yummy! I regret not extending my stay.

3 Thank Anxi0us_traveller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
london
Reviewed 21 April 2009

From the moment you arrive, it becomes apparent that this is a special place. Set in a stunning location, the incredible staff do everything to ensure your trip is memorable. We stayed in Villa Sesapi, which was incredibly romantic with the' private pool....book it you won't be disappointed!

1 Thank camsie
Malaysia
Reviewed 19 April 2009

I had finally here after read so many good reviews of Tegal Sari here. Consider we're lucky to get a Superior (Twin Beds + 1 extra bed) with deadline just 1 week away for 1 night. Once our driver reach Tegal Sari, the staff stand by to help you carry baggage. The small garden pool we walked by before reach reception counter is so beautiful. The meal is very delicious here. Even though you can order to have in room, but I suggest to try at the Abian Restaurant near the reception counter. Feel the ambiance there. The swimming pool is superb, clean and have great paddy view. Needless to say more about their room then.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
doha
Reviewed 17 April 2009

Tegal Sari was our first hotel in Bali during our holiday. We stayed in Ubud Tegal Sari for 4 days. I found it from this site. It was a risk as this was our first visit to Bali. In my opinion, Tegal Sari is a very simple, clean and adequate for a family stay in Ubud. Of course it depends. Some may find it very very natural. Near the rice fields, sound of the frogs whole night, lizards everywhere. But be sure inside the room is incredibly clean and bugsfree. We didnt come across even one bug inside. That was what I expected from our stay in Ubud. I wanted to feel the nature but in a clean environment. This is not a hotel for people looking for 5 star luxirious hotels. This is a small but adequate hotel.
We stayed in 3 kinds of rooms as it was really difficult to find space in the same room though I made the reservation even 1 month earlier. We stayed in superior deluxe ground floor, then wooden room and last in a superior deluxe upper floor.
All were very clean an good condition. But I prefer the superior deluxe upper floor. View was wonderful. The pool was to be honest not for swimming, may be just to complete the design of the hotel. But you wont need the pool as Ubud is really a very nice place to wander around.
We had the breakfasts in our hotel everyday, but try the small bakery that is very near the hotel across the street. They have delicious products.
And they have a spa called Pertenin. We tried their spa and enjoyed it very much.
I really appreciate the owner of this hotel as he made a really good job.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank gulluk
Hong Kong
Reviewed 14 April 2009

Yes. This is a nice small hotel in the middle of beautiful rice paddies. Staffs were very nice and tried to accomodate guests' need.
But remember, this is not a five star hotel, meaning sometimes service can be lousy. On arrival, the pick up car from the hotel had a flat tire. My family had to wait outside in the dark for 30 minutes. The car for a daytrip had no airconditioning and had to came back to hotel in the middle of it. The staff did not tell us not to put our shoes outside but some wild animal came and took my baby shoe. Some new rooms are nice but some old rooms are so so. You'd better bring your own personal ameneties such as shampoo, soap, indoor sleepers, etc. This little hotel seemed overcrowded while I'm staying. I hope their hospitality would not fade out with the fame, as I personally think that this hotel's best part is its staff.

Overall the hotel is good value, but again Ubud is not an expensive place. This is a good place if you do not expect too much and if you do not want to spend too much on the hotel.

They provide free ride to Ubud center, but if you want to go a little farther, they charge. Day trips they provide is very good. You should try if you're there.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank MSCHO
Penang, Malaysia
Reviewed 12 April 2009

Checked in for our honeymoon for Deluxe room for 3 nites. Very cozy place overlooking the beautiful paddy fields. The staffs there are very courteous and friendly. Breakfast was good too. Don't miss out the Tegal Sari Banana Pancake!

A truly great experience!

1 Thank resirnus
Brisbane
Reviewed 5 April 2009

This is the second time that I've stayed at Tegal Sari, last time was 4 years ago when I stayed in a Deluxe room, this time we got a Super Deluxe and just loved it. The staff are extrememly friendly, helpful and genuine, the rooms was beautiful and spotlessly clean, the setting was perfect, in the rice paddies and the cost of the room, food, room service and transport were all very, very reasonable.
The only negative about the stay was some of the other guests. All I can say is, do not bring your children here. I'm not against families or children in anyway, but in such a peaceful setting, the constant yelling of the kids downstairs (sometimes from the pool to the room, 150m away!) just spoilt the stay a bit.
Restaurant food (including room service and breakfast) was simple, but good quality and tasty.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple