“Good service and friendly staff”
Review of Tegal Sari

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ubud
Tegal Sari
Ranked #26 of 197 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 24 March 2010

Our flight delayed for nearly 3 hours and the staff waiting for us patiently. When we finally arrived at Tegal Sari, it was late at night. And still they were willing to make us great supper which really warmed our hearts.
Tegal Sari is a place with good service, good value and good staff!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,622)

Reviewed 15 March 2010

Just returned from a 3 night stay in a Superior while my 2 teenagers stayed in a Super deluxe. Thank you Tegal Sari. We will definately return.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2010

Tegal sari is deceptive from the exteriors but inside the property they have 2 lovely villas and wooden rooms with paddy field views. i selected the villa to stay for 3 nights. it was breathtaking to all details. the villa had a kitchenette, dining, living, masterbedroom, 2 bathrooms wow, it was just so fantastic.
room service was gr8, staff was lovely.
all in all superb

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 9 March 2010

Beautiful, peaceful hotel, facing rice fields. Staff was amazing. Loved Ubud

Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2010

It's about time that I write something about Tegal Sari. From the moment I was picked up at the airport till my sad departure everything was perfect. The boys that run the place were amazing, always will to help and so very polite. The car trips were filled with good information and it was just a shame that I didn't have time to visit everywhere I passed.
I had a duplex appt which was incredible with gorgeous views over the rice fields. I did have one afternoon in one of the basic accomodations, and they were deffinately basic, but cheap.
The pool was lovely but if it was salt water, it would have been better.
There is internet room, and even though you have to pay for it, it is cheap, but also free if you have a wifi device and use it at the restaurant.
Food was excellent, and reasonably priced. Could eat off site for less and did, but can't complain about what I got at the resort.
Do make sure you take advantage of the Spa and Dance trips that they provide. Great prices and great entertainment.
I would take the Car into town every day, but walk back to my room via the main road that takes you past the Monkey Forest. Speaking of the Monkey Forest, you have to do this, you have to buy the bananas and fee the monkeys. When done, they won't bother you, but do make sure you are prepared for them to climb over you. Best bet, go there in the morning, and then go back to the hotel for a shower and change of clothes as you will be dirty,. but worth it.
The hotel has a laundry service, very quick and so cheap. Pennies per item. I used it often.
Not much more that I can say that hasn't been said already. When I'm in that part of the world again, I'll be going back, that's for sure. They were in the middle of building some new units that had their own pools and decks, so that may be an option if there are several of you going.
Enjoy
cheers
Stephen

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 March 2010

My husband and I stayed at Tegal Sari for part of our honeymoon. I tried to reserve the Duplex (seven months in advance!), but it was already booked for the few different weeks we were looking at visiting, so we had to settle for two nights in the Wooden Room. Actually, maybe "settle" isn't the best word. The Wooden Room we were in was GORGEOUS! We had a lovely view of the rice fields too.
The staff was very nice and helpful. We took advantage of the free shuttle service on a couple of occasions and the gentleman who drove us thanked us several times not just for staying at Tegal Sari, but for coming to Bali! He asked us if we'd been to Bali before and when we told him it was our first visit he replied, "And you chose to stay at Tegal Sari?! Oh, thank you so much! That is so wonderful that you chose to stay with US on your first time to Bali!!" Everyone was so kind and so gracious.
While you're there, make sure to visit their spa, Pertenin Body Care (they will drive you there and pick you up after - for free!). We got massages at a few different places while we were in Ubud and the ones we got at Pertenin were the best we had. I wish we'd discovered that place earlier in our week!
We definitely want to go back to Bali someday and will definitely stay at Tegal Sari, assuming we can get in! =)

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2010

Great value (we stayed in 3 Ubud hotels at similar prices and this was by far the best for the price). Lovely rooms, nice and big, well appointed.

Great location, just off the junction of Jalan Hanoman and Monkey Forest road so all Ubud is handy. Nice spot in the Padi fields.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple