“Pretty good, front of house best part of experience.”
Review of Cupit Warung BBQ

Cupit Warung BBQ
Ranked #99 of 828 Restaurants in Ubud
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Food was ok, not best ribs in Ubud as previously stated in reviews but ok. The homee made bbq sauce is fantastic though! The owner is front of house and he is charming, making all guests very welcome and special. Worth a try.

1  Thank MonsieurPeutEtre

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Cupit is one good reason I'm not a vegetarian. I'm generally pretty happy with my lentils & veg, but I LOVE the ribs at Cupit. They are made on the grill out front with local pork ribs and their own sauce recipe -- a nice blend of western and Balinese that really works. Add a plate of beautiful fries (a.k.a. chips) and a cold Bintang, and you have a feast. All things in moderation, I say, and Cupit is definitely on my list.

1  Thank indonesia80571
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Yes I am a lover of ribs - and I have pretty high standards! And these ribs are amongst the best I've ever had! So so sooo good - I ordered a second portion. And at 50k a serve (including THE most perfect crispy fries you will find anywhere EVER!) - this is extraordinarily good value. Fall off the bone tender, perfect marinade. Very genuinely friendly service - this place is such a great find!

My only gripe is they allow smoking in the restaurant - so right in the middle of the restaurant were 3 smokers, which was absolutely disgusting. How dare these self-centred smokers affect my meal that way, forcing me to digest second-hand smoke along with my food! :(
Please Cupit management - make the restaurant non-smoking -ultimately people with thank you for it, and the customers can always go outside to have a cigarette! (many Ubud restaurants have been widely criticised on TA for allowing smoking - don't let this happen to you!)

Still, Cupit is utterly deserving of a 5 star review for excellent service, the ultimate ribs and ultimate chips - and wonderfully good value to boot!

2  Thank Fris B
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

This family run business is putting out awesome BBQ ribs and chicken. The rib sauce is a combo of Asian and Southern BBQ stateside. Service is slow a little bit because everything is cooked from scratch!! Fresh and yummy.
French fries are crispy and tastes fresh out of the garden. I tried the home made ginger ale and it was very refreshing and tasty. Yes, it is clear that they cook with love in this clean little haven of good food and excellent prices. I'll be back.

1  Thank Travelgal33480
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I'm so happy i have found the best ribs in Bali at this very cute family run warung, and it's just around the corner from where i live.

I have lived in Ubud for 2 years and i like my BBQ Ribs, but i don't like the vibe at some of the other rib places in town.. now Cupit is a great find. Really friendly staff, Leo is a great host, quick service, always with a smile.. and the Ribs are totally fall of the bone.. and totally Enak.
Leo even was helping me with my Bahasa Indonesian lessons..

I have found my new local hangout..

Oh and the prices are much better than anywhere else too!!

It's got easy parking and a really funky vibe in the middle of the Penestanan (ubud) Jungle..

They have a simple menu, but i know i will mostly come here for ribs (and sometimes crispy duck) and the good vibe and fast Wi-fi..

I know i will keep coming back..

Enjoy this little gem of a warung.

3  Thank scottycap