All reviews yoga barn view restaurant fruit carving rice fields monkey forest garden suite the actual hotel morning walk free activities minutes walk away lush gardens special thanks afternoon tea hustle and bustle beautiful hotel loved this hotel the main street
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Me and my wife-to-be stayed in this hotel for two nights in the suite villa. Hotel premises are very beautiful with green garden and rice field. And the pools are there in the middle of nature.

Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Hotel was almost empty - we were almost the only guests, so peace and quiet really was there.

The villa too is in the middle of tropical garden which in our case meant to have a frog, a couple of lizards and some mosquitoes in the villa. Next time we'll consider booking a room with a view.

All in all, the hotel is brand new and great, location is great next to the Perama station and it is a piece of quietness in the middle of Ubud.

Room Tip: If you like nature, choose a villa. If not, stay in hotel rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
plataranindonesia, Director of Sales at Plataran Ubud Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear STR70,
Thank you very much for your review and we are delighted to hear that you so much enjoyed your stay with us. We particularly appreciate your comment and recognition on how we successfully could balance the sustainability of Ubud and its scenery and its character as the throbbing heart of Bali’s culture with the requirements of a modern hotel in a city centre. We hope that you had a safe trip back and my entire staff gives you their warm regards and hope to see you back on you next trip to Bali.
Cordially Yours,
Chief Marketing Officer

Reviewed 11 March 2014

My wife and I spent over a week in Plataran Ubud together with our little baby. The place is superb.
The architect did a great job placing the hotel in the middle of the rice paddies. Imagine infinity pool that continues into intensive greens of the young rice paddies. Beautiful.
But the real asset of Plataran Ubud is the staff. They are the friendliest and most caring people we have probably ever met in any hotel. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lucas_climbing
plataranindonesia, Director of Sales at Plataran Ubud Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Lucas_climbing,

Molte grazie! Your kind comments are really appreciated and we are delighted that you and your spouse had such a great time at our hotel. I have conveyed this to my staff, who send you their best of wishes for a safe trip back, warm regards and hope to see you again when you return to this part of the world. Arrivederci, it was a real pleasure to serve you.

With kind regards,
Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed 7 nights at the Plataran. The staff made us feel like VIP's. From check-in to check-out we received excellent service from friendly staff who couldn't do enough to make our stay special.
I attended the hotel spa nearly every day and enjoyed the pampering and relaxation. The restaurant served delicious food and has a lovely open air aspect. There are two infinity pools, which I enjoyed attending every day whilst sipping cocktails.
The gym overlooks the rice paddy and has a treadmill, exercise bike, cross trainer, free weights, and back/chest machine.
An abundance of restaurants are available within walking distance. The Monkey Forrest, Yoga Barn, and a wide variety of shops and spa's are also nearby. Reception staff organised for the hotel driver to take us to the volcano, temples, and a market just outside of Ubud. The ride from the airport is anything between 1 to 1.5 hours depending on traffic.
I found Ubud to be an interesting and vibrant town and the Plataran is well located to enjoy all Ubud has to offer.
I will definitely return to the Plataran and am looking forward to my next trip to Bali.

Room Tip: The villas have a private courtyard with plunge pool.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
plataranindonesia, Director of Sales at Plataran Ubud Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Mr Stephen & Mrs Carolin Mcdade,

Thank you for your kind review and we are really delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay at the Plataran more so that you took the time to explore Ubud and surroundings which has so much to offer as the heart beat of cultural Bali with all its activities as part of the Balinese’s daily life.
We hope that you had a safe trip back and do look forward to your next visit to Ubud and/or any other Plataran resort such in Canggu Bali, Borobudur and Labuan Bajo Komodo. We will keep in touch and let you know what is happening in your beloved Ubud from time-to-time.
With kind regards from all of us at the Plataran Ubud

Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing
Plataran Hotels & Resorts Indonesia

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Don't hesitate to book The Plataran Ubud. I can honestly say this was the best hotel experience I have ever had. The staff cannot do enough to assist their holiday visitors, taxis, excursions, even finding a doctor when needed. On the last night I organized a surprise valentines dinner for my partner set in the rice field within the resort. The staff went above and beyond anything I could have wished for. They even surprised me with a bunch of red roses and rose petals in our bath when we returned to our room. The food was excellent as was the spa services offered. We tried almost all of them, including my husband! We will return to the resort again without hesitation. Thank you everyone at the Plataran.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carolyn A
plataranindonesia, Director of Sales at Plataran Ubud Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Carolyn,
What a wonderful review, yes we are fortunate to have a team that is truly passionate about the job and looking after our guests the best they can. They will be thrilled to read and hear about your comments. We are thrilled as well that you had such a memorable stay with a Plataran Valentine celebration as one of the highlights of your visit. We wish you a safe trip back home. With best regards from me and our staff and are looking forward to welcome you back when you come to Bali again

Corporate Director Sales & Marketing
Plataran Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed 1 February 2014

This place is fantastic, incredibly clean and brand new. Everything works as it should, the infinity pool overlooking the rice fields is a dream, the gym is small but is perfect and beautiful also overlooking the rice fields. I've been to a lot of hotels in Ubud, near the yoga barn and for this price it is the absolute best. We stayed at the standard room and got upgraded to the villa which was great but the standard room was so nice there was no need to upgrade in my opinion. Look at the hotel photos on the website. That's exactly what you're gonna get, which is so refreshing for Bali. The staff I must say, were perfect, attentive and absolutely non intrusive. This place is a little place of heaven really close to the barn. Book without thinking twice, it does not get any better.

• Stayed: December 2013
plataranindonesia, Director of Sales at Plataran Ubud Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear reviewer,
Thank you so much for your review which is a response to our heart as it is a compliment for all what we stand for to offer guests a Plataran experience. Located in busy street of Jalan Hanoman in the centre of Ubud, our hotel is the only one that still has the rice field and the house of Pura Beji Dalam Alit (Beji Temple), known to be the oldest Hindu Temple in Peliatan Village which until now open to the local community from surrounding villages to perform their daily prayer for the safety of the members of families working at this hotel; the safety for the land and safety for the guests, which are the basic roots of our operational philosophy.

More than just accommodation, whichever, Plataran hotels you choose to stay, this daily ritual is being carried out in accordance with the religion of the people in that respective location. It is exactly the same in Plataran’s new project in Bromo East Java, where a Hindu people temple named "Plataran Hulun Basuki Luhur Tengger Bromo”, the temple simply symbolizes Happiness, Prosperity and Virtue of Tengger people is now being built on the top of Plataran hill just before the entrance to the resort.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in Ubud or at any Plataran hotels, be it in Plataran Borobudur, Plataran Komodo Resort, Plataran Komodo Phinisi Vessels, Plataran Canggu Bali and/or Plataran Puncak.

With kind regards