“Beautiful and quiet place!”

Cendana Resort and Spa
Ranked #125 of 195 Hotels in Ubud
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Beautiful and quiet place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Good choice at the center. Beautiful rice filed view, quiet and nice place. The room is clean and bathroom is quite big but need to be clean more. The staff is friendly and good breakfast. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed here by myself at the beginning of March for 6 days in Deluxe Room #302. I booked direct with them. I didn’t know until after the fact (via reading another review) that they had some deluxe rooms that were western style, meaning plaster walls/ceiling and fully sealed windows. I liked my room, but the windows and doors were not entirely sealed. I emailed them a couple times in advance specifically requesting a western style room because of serious bug phobias, and was assured this was taken care of, but this was not what I was given. Had I been aware they had these types of rooms, I would have requested a room change. I just assumed this was their version of a western style room. But, that is my only complaint, and it may simply have been a language barrier, so it’s not much of a complaint. And, I never saw a single bug in my room.

The breakfast was very tasty and the coffee fantastic. The staff was absolutely great. The room itself was very spacious and clean. The bed was firm but quite comfortable with a full mosquito net. The patio was large and quite private because of the wonderful gardens and greenery on the grounds. The deluxe had a TV and a mini fridge. The furniture is old but well maintained. There is no safe in the room, but the armoire does lock. The showerhead was very old, spraying in all directions and there was little water pressure, but I never ran out of hot water. As the deluxe are at the back of the resort grounds, I had no issues with noise from surrounding bars. You could hear a distant thud but nothing that would keep you awake. For a couple days during my stay, there was a group in the room beside me and I could certainly hear them, so I believe the walls are quite thin.

The infinity pool was very nice and very peaceful. I never did try the other pool, which was located at the front beside reception. Actually, I never saw anyone in that pool. As for location, it was perfect. It was right in the middle of everything, without feeling, or sounding, like you were in the middle of it all. I felt perfectly safe as a female on my own, day or night.

All in all, I thought it was a wonderful place with a true Balinese feel. I would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: I liked that I was on the second floor, as I had a better view of the rice paddies and the grounds.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

When we arrived I was a little worried. Very central, walking distance to everything, noisy street. When we saw what we got we were just amazed. This hotel is in the middle of everything but at the same time away from the world. They were able to build this like an oasis in the middle of Ubud with rice field views and etc and you don't even notice from the outside. My room was on the back at the hotel and it is like a mini temple. No noise at all and you wake up with the fantastic pool everybody talks about. Want to go somewhere? Just walk and you are there. Absolutelly perfect location.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

This was great.

The hotel is very centrally located (you enter through its parking by Monkey Forest Road), but it feels farther away. Its second pool (and many rooms around) have a view on the adjacent rice field, and we could observe the harvesting.

The breakfast is great too - Western style, Indonesian style, Balinese coffee or tea and freshly made juices. The staff is exceedingly kind and for the most part speaks very good English. They were very accommodating, helped me organise my trip further and were very efficient at that.

It was lovely and I'd gladly come here again.

Room Tip: I stayed in 301B, which is one of the modern ones over the spa. Everything was very nice - however...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Customer.

Warmest greeting from Cendana Resort & Spa Ubud.
We would like to thank for your valuable time to post your comment on Trip Advisor regarding of your recent stay to Cendana Resort.
It's always a pleasure to receive a positive comment from our guest.

We glad to know that you have wonderful stay and enjoyed with our service rendered.
And we are a Balinese owned hotel and practice the concept of our culture and tradition to live in harmony.

We hope have opportunity to welcome you again in the future.
Have a great day.

With best regards,
Nyoman
Perth WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

I have been to Ubud many times and stayed in a range of accommodation. This hotel is relatively cheap and charming, the gardens are gorgeous and the views over infinity pool to rice fields are great. There is a lot of noise - not just gamelan, or the tragic rock band in a nearby bar, but the walls are paper thin...so being woken by neighbours vomiting and spitting each morning wasn't pleasant. The check in staff are not overly friendly and in 7 years of travel to Bali this surprised me. The breakfast is below average (try Cintas instead).

The location is excellent if you want to just walk out into the Main Street for whatever you desire. The infinity pool is lovely. So it's a mixed bag. Would I stay here again? Maybe...but given the choice in accommodation all around Ubud maybe not.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guests,

Warmest greeting from Cendana Resort & Spa Ubud Bali.
We would like thank for your staying with us, and we are truly sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations.
As you know, sometime thing don't turn out exactly how we hoped and I wish I could have taken care of your problem to your satisfaction.

Please know that if you are decided to stay with us again, we will do the utmost to make sure your stay is enjoyable..
Again please accept my sincerely apology.

With my best regards,
Nyoman Suarka
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Loves this resort and for such a great price! Their rooms are great and clean. Beautiful views looking over the rice fields with an amazing infinity pool. Friendly staff, great location in the middle of town with lots of great places to eat and drink near by. Definitely worth a stay!!!

Stayed April 2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

I found the Cendana purely by chance in early February as a result of arriving at another, previously booked, hotel -- only to find it had ceased to trade as a hotel! I was pointed in the direction of the Cendana -- and it was love at first sight! It is right in the heart of a main shopping street, but you would never know that once you step inside its grounds and you suddenly find yourself surrounded by rice paddies and in a hotel with beautifully sculpted tropical gardens. Luckily they had a room available -- and I never looked back. The place is enchanting -- a haven of peace and tranquillity to return to after a day's shopping or sightseeing. There are 2 lovely pools in which to cool off and the de luxe room in which I stayed had a charming terrace on which to sit and survey the rice paddies and one of the pools. I wanted a truly Balinese feel, not a characterless modern hotel -- and the Cendana certainly gave me what I wanted. The staff could not have been kinder, smilier or more friendly and the whole place exuded the atmosphere of a well-run family run hotel. Waking up each morning in a four-poster bed and strolling through the beautiful grounds to a good choice of breakfast food in an open sided restaurant was a joy, even for someone like me, who is not a morning person! Finding the Cendana was a real stroke of good luck and I hope I would definitely go back there when next in Ubud. Many thanks to Nyoman, the manager, and to all the lovely staff.

Room Tip: De luxe rooms on ground floor have terraces with great views over the rice fields. Bathrooms are HU...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank thailover1317
Dear Customer,

Warmest greeting from Cendana Resort & Spa.
Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to post your comment on trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to Cendana Resort.

We are pleased to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you were satisfied with services rendered. We do our very best to make sure our guests are comfortable and well a handed to.

Hope we have an opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Thank for your nice attention and your support is greatly appreciated.

With best regards,