“Beautiful and serene”

Arma Museum & Resort
Ranked #104 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Very good hotel. The grounds are large and superbly beautiful, luscious green with orchids and other exotic flowers around.

Stayed in Arma in the beginning of September for 5 days. Room 818 above the pool was quiet and pleasant. It looked a little tired, but spacious and clean. So was the bathroom.
There is no tv, which is a blessing for me but maybe frustrating for others.
My problem was the sealed windows, had to sleep with a door open, which was safe anyway.
There were no mosquitos .
The breakfast was good, the Thai restaurant not so much.
Cafe Arma serves perfect Italian espresso.
The art museum is interesting and free for hotel guests. So are the evening dance performances.
I would recommend this place for those who want to have some peace and quiet. The hotel gives you that special intimate feel and space for yourself.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Arma Museum & Resort

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Gardens very beautiful and room fine but the whole thing spoilt when I check out and mentioned I din't want a fuss but felt disappointed that items had gone missing from my room the only day the cleaner went in. Two items, nothing of value but gone. I had my friends in another room check as I thought it so bizarre.
So the receptionist says sorry, I wait for the cab to the airport and he comes back to me and says the maid had seen the perfume but not touched it and the supervisor believes her. What does this leave me as ? A liar? Plain sorry would have been better. They also bungled the bill in their favour. Poor communication or just poor? Unimpressive.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Katie W
Agung_Rai, General Manager at Arma Museum & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2016

Although this has been happen way back, we feel sorry for the inconvenience caused by your lost and problem were not solve properly. Sincere we apologies because of lack of communication and understanding skill it may occurring no satisfaction. Under our new management we are attempt to improve all lines in our services and ensure that in future such accident will not happen again. Your construction comment is valuable for us in improving all aspect in our hotel operation.

Once again thank you

Best regards

Bagus Mustika

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I spent four lovely days here, and enjoyed them all. Hot water is an issue in the morning, but if you take your bath or shower in the late afternoon, after trekking, biking, etc. there is lots. I had a lovely room overlooking the pool. Breakfast was fine, the Thai restaurant very good, and the Kaffe also good. There are a lot of stairs, so you need to be careful not to slip. Overall, I would return here for another lovely stay.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

My 2 sisters and I recently spent 8 days in Bali this was the first time the three of us travelled together. Our first stay was three nights at a ARMA. We were so happy to be upgraded to the superior villa room which was huge and absolutely beautiful. I'd recommend this resort highly. It also has 2 museums and regular evening performances.
Thank you for another great stay.
Lisa

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I had planned a month's stay at the Arma. On the second day of my stay, I slipped and fell breaking my right ankle and a bone in my leg. I slipped water from a ceiling air conditioner which had pooled up on the slick white marble floor. If this had happened in the states, there would have been proper compensation (reimbursement for travel expenses, loss of wages, etc). I was non-weight bearing for 3 months and the trip back from Bali with a broken leg is worthy of a screenplay. I wrote to Arma requesting a free month's stay for my troubles and never heard from them. They are not very accommodating, and even tried to charge my card for the 28 days that I had reserved.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank ladolcevie

We are sorry to hear such bad luck happen to you during your stay at ARMA Museum & Resort and hopefully by now you are already cure and having normal activities, healthy as you use to be.

Sincere apologies for all inconveniences caused by the accident and sorry of the lack of communication meanwhile.

Under new management we are attempt to improve all lines in our services and such problem will not happen again. We ensure you that we will taking carefully care of all our guest in future.

Sincerely yours

Bagus Mustika

Reviewed 4 August 2013

we are staying in the family villa... this is fantastic: 2 huge bedrooms with bathrooms with a big private pool! more than a dream!
the family villa is perfect or a family a 5... but the room are not directly connected.. you have to go through the garden with private pool... not for little kids.but fantastic for us !
the Arma taï restaurant is very good!

Room Tip: the family villa is perfect or a family a 5... but the room are not directly connected.. you have to...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2013

The hotel is simply gorgeous.

I could not recommend it enough, and look forward to staying here again some day. The concept of the hotel is balance between nature and the human, and they have achieved it. The grounds are beautifully and tastefully decorated, with running and still water, twists and turns, secret hiding places, swimming pool, gardens, temple and so forth.

The rooms are very impressive as well. If you can, splash out on a deluxe room - the design is absolutely wonderful. Each room is artistically decorated and is somewhat different from the others, and even the basic rooms surprised us with lovely toiletries, plenty of pillows and a welcome fruit basket. Each upgraded category brought new surprises, including, at the top of the scale, a beautiful private garden, pool and jaccuzzi in some of the suites. The bathrooms are huge, and some showers are almost open-air and located on a pond with stepping stones (with more conventional showers also available).

The hotel has a Thai restaurant on the grounds, which served very nice food in an elegant setting. The breakfast was good as well, and the staff helpful and friendly, as almost everywhere in Bali. Some of the stairs leading up to the rooms can be tricky with a large suitcase, but the staff helped us carry our luggage.

There is an art museum on the grounds, which we could not visit as we left too early in the morning, but which was recommended to us by others.

The only regret we had is that we stayed only for one night. Both the hotel, and Ubud itself, deserve a few days of attention at least.

Room Tip: If you want to be truly pampered, choose a delux room or a suite. They are worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends