“Look no further this is fantastic”

Arma Museum & Resort
Ranked #103 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 29 September 2013

During February 2013 my husband artist Tim Gratton and I had the pleasure of staying for more than five days. The staff were very fantastic and we stayed one night in a modern style and then moved into one of the traditional rooms - our preferred style. Enjoying breakfast each day in a pavilion surrounded by ponds and beautiful gardens was so inspiring for my husband to draw on. We visited the Museum (comprehensive collection of both local and international artists) and had the pleasure of meeting the owner. We will return and enjoy it all over again.

Room Tip: The best rooms in my opinion are the traditional ones - since I think going to Bali is about traditi...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 September 2013

The staff at Arma were extremely welcoming and went out of their way to be helpful at all times. The grounds were amazing with lush vegetation and beautiful landscaping providing a serene and attractive vista. The many trees provided shade throughout the resort and created a cool, quiet and relaxing environment. The rooms were large and comfortable and there was the opportunity to open the room up for cross ventilation if you did not wish to use the air conditioning.
I loved all the special touches such as the opportunity to see (free) Balinese dance performances, afternoon teas by the pool, exquisite art at the museum, and seeing the local children participating in some of Arma's cultural activities. Breakfast was very good as was the Thai restaurant at Arma. I also recommend the Golden Hours Tour which is led by the owner of the resort. If you want a relaxing, quiet and cultural experience, Arma is where I would recommend.

Room Tip: There are very steep steps at Arma, so if you do not like having to frequently climb stairs, ask for...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Didn't expect it to be soooo gorgeous! !!!!!!!!!!!

Saw some stains on tn pillows and blanket. But you won't care. The environment the villas are amazing! Love it! I'm actually writing this review while lying in bed! It's everything u want to see in ubud. Artistic resort. Will definitely go to check out the museum tomorrow morning .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Staffs are very helpful and friendly. They explained everything to u with a warm smile. Aircon is strong enough! Love the out door bath and private pool the best. There are bugs, but if u don't like them then just stay in the boring 5 star chain hotels, this place is for someone who really wanna feel the true Balinese and experience the diff cultures and arts.

Will recommend to all my friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh they have Internet in room. Signal is pretty good!!!!

Each villa is separated from others. Very quiet. But can't do naked swimming lol as the swimming pool is facing to public alley. Unless you want to show everyone your butt lol

Two nights are just not enough!!!!!!!! Hope the next hotel in seminyak can beat this one but I think it's pretty hard.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank omgjingjing
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Very good hotel. The grounds are large and superbly beautiful, luscious green with orchids and other exotic flowers around.

Stayed in Arma in the beginning of September for 5 days. Room 818 above the pool was quiet and pleasant. It looked a little tired, but spacious and clean. So was the bathroom.
There is no tv, which is a blessing for me but maybe frustrating for others.
My problem was the sealed windows, had to sleep with a door open, which was safe anyway.
There were no mosquitos .
The breakfast was good, the Thai restaurant not so much.
Cafe Arma serves perfect Italian espresso.
The art museum is interesting and free for hotel guests. So are the evening dance performances.
I would recommend this place for those who want to have some peace and quiet. The hotel gives you that special intimate feel and space for yourself.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Gardens very beautiful and room fine but the whole thing spoilt when I check out and mentioned I din't want a fuss but felt disappointed that items had gone missing from my room the only day the cleaner went in. Two items, nothing of value but gone. I had my friends in another room check as I thought it so bizarre.
So the receptionist says sorry, I wait for the cab to the airport and he comes back to me and says the maid had seen the perfume but not touched it and the supervisor believes her. What does this leave me as ? A liar? Plain sorry would have been better. They also bungled the bill in their favour. Poor communication or just poor? Unimpressive.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Katie W
Agung_Rai, General Manager at Arma Museum & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2016

Although this has been happen way back, we feel sorry for the inconvenience caused by your lost and problem were not solve properly. Sincere we apologies because of lack of communication and understanding skill it may occurring no satisfaction. Under our new management we are attempt to improve all lines in our services and ensure that in future such accident will not happen again. Your construction comment is valuable for us in improving all aspect in our hotel operation.

Once again thank you

Best regards

Bagus Mustika

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I spent four lovely days here, and enjoyed them all. Hot water is an issue in the morning, but if you take your bath or shower in the late afternoon, after trekking, biking, etc. there is lots. I had a lovely room overlooking the pool. Breakfast was fine, the Thai restaurant very good, and the Kaffe also good. There are a lot of stairs, so you need to be careful not to slip. Overall, I would return here for another lovely stay.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

My 2 sisters and I recently spent 8 days in Bali this was the first time the three of us travelled together. Our first stay was three nights at a ARMA. We were so happy to be upgraded to the superior villa room which was huge and absolutely beautiful. I'd recommend this resort highly. It also has 2 museums and regular evening performances.
Thank you for another great stay.
Lisa