Arma Museum & Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsagung raigolden hour toursuperior villabalinese paintingsfamily villalocal childrenlocal artistsrice fieldsindiana jonescultural experiencewater featureslush vegetationfish pondfree shuttleopen airoutdoor showerswimming pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I have had the pleasure of staying at this fabulous hotel/resort for the past 2 nights,i am here now ,,,the owner upgraded me without my asking ,,with hearing from his staff how difficult climbing stairs were for me,,i had paid for a villa,,but the villa suite he put me in ,had fewer steps ,,i feel like a queen !!!! there is an amazing balcony ,,but i can't go up because flight of stairs ,,i am enjoying my own pool ,,the surroundings,the peacefulness and the service,,,,,,the staff is so kind,so professional ,,the food is yummy ,,everything is very very classy and comfortable !!!!i wish i was able to stay longer ,plus have some friends here also ,it is soooooooooo big !!! thanks so much for everything !!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This is indeed a little bit of paradise in Bali, and one I keep returning to every year. The staff are friendly, cheerful and very accommodating. The gardens and grounds are magnificent and the river running through the middle of the spacious resort adds to the tranquility. The founder, Mr Agung Rai, a calm, quiet gentleman delights in sharing his Bali with the guests. I have accompanied him on The Golden Hour Tour on two occasions and have delighted in seeing the villages awaken with the sunrise in the morning. It is truly inspiring and an experience not to be missed. Pak Agung is only to happy to share his life with his guests and can often be seen wandering through the garden complex.
The rooms are spacious and well maintained. Our room didn't have a television which I found wonderful as we were able to rest, read and relax in the most exquisite surroundings. Pouring rain and thunder didn't diminish the experience of being able to lounge on the verandah in warmth and comfort. The restaurants serve delicious food and are very reasonably priced. The ability to order breakfast from the menu and not have choose from buffet is a real plus. An efficient shuttle bus will take guests to the centre of Ubud and bring you back to the hotel upon request.
Another highlight for me is the fact that there are not many children in the hotel, which means there are no screaming youngsters in the pool. Usually you will have the serenity of the pool to yourselves.
Staying here is an experience not to be missed!

Room Tip: The villas are beautiful with private pools. The rooms near the swimming pool are cheaper and just as nice. This is where I stay for long periods of time. Spacious and clean with a lovely verandah and comfortable lounge chairs.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 December 2013

You can feel the peace and serenity as soon as you step into the garden paradise. It's beyond beautiful. Our rooms (family villa) were very nice with an indoor/outdoor bathroom including decadent stone bathtubs - the biggest we've seen in Asia. The food in the Thal restaurant was excellent and our spa treatments were too. Nightly dance shows were lovely. We're so glad we stayed there and were sad to leave. It's not just a resort, it's a foundation. They teach free classes for the local children. We watched the girls having dance lessons and the boys learning to play the musical instruments. Very touching. I'm so happy I was able to see it.
My favorite part was the Golden Hour tour with the owner, Mr. Agung Rai. He shared his delight in Balinese life during the quiet, early part of the day. It was a treat to see the country life through his eyes. After all the temples I'd seen in Bali it was only after my visit with him that I finally got it - how their worship fits into their lives.
You need to experience ARMA to experience Bali

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan D
Reviewed 20 November 2013

The Arma is a peaceful and beautiful botanical paradise. The grounds are magical with Balinese statues, orchids, streams, Art museum and performances. The property was very quiet and though we only had a suite, we virtually had the main pool to ourselves. The tea time/coffee is a wonderful touch, as is the Balinese breakfast that was included every morning, the Thai restaurant was delicious and the service impeccable. We will always have a place in our hearts for the Arma and highly recommend it to anyone looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of resort style accommodations. The Arma embodies the spirit of the island and will make you fall in love with Bali over and over again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Guy T
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Very nice garden & swimming pool. Good service, we even got a free dinner our first night. Good shuttle service to center of Ubud, drives regularly and till late in the evening. Only negative was our bathroom: not properly maintained, dirty tiles & bathtub didn't emtpy.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple