“Second Visit, still Amazing! Also, great area for those with food allergies!”
Review of Aria Villas Ubud

Ranked #21 of 196 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 16 July 2014

7 months after our first visit, and it hasn't lost any of its charm! We were greeted by the lovely staff and had our complimentary massage as we checked in. The rooms were still stunning and well maintained. Comfortable beds and plenty of space for all 4 of us. I have said this before in my last review, but I really do like that the look and feel of these villas are quite unique.
This time the staff had arranged for a toy chest to be put in our villa and our kids appreciated that! Well mummy did for sure as that meant they were occupied for a chunk of time! We were even able to borrow a DVD player and some DVD's for the kids.
The breakfast menu that rotates is still a hit for us. Also, I should mention that my son has food allergies/intolerances that often times makes traveling for us stressful. If any of you are celiac or are on a gluten free/casin free diet, the kitchen staff were very accommodating. They made my son bacon and rice for breakfast (as it was not on the menu) and even cooked his gluten free pasta for me! Just on the main road there is a shop called Buddha Bali or Bali Buddha that sold some allergen free fresh baked bread and other allergen free foods (both fresh and packaged) We also found, close by, a dessert place that did dairy free ice cream! To see his face when he was allowed to have his own ice cream with the other kids was priceless!
Anyway, back to Aria Villas! We LOVE it there, and will go back again when we can get to Bali. Not enough can be said for the amazing staff there, they function like a family and make this charming place all the more lovely to stay in. THANK YOU ARIA VILLAS!!

Room Tip: All rooms have a good private view, but the ones closest to the valley would probably be best!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank RoxiePavich
asia_traveller_1997, Manager at Aria Villas Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear RoxiePavich,

Thank you so much for your kind review and for making Aria Villas Ubud your regular place to stay in Ubud. With regards to your son's allergies, please feel free to email us a shopping list of the items prior to your next stay and we'll make sure that all items are available in your villa when you arrive!

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Aria Villas Ubud over the years to come!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

besides the fact that this place is absolutely amazing and could not have been better, i requested rose petals upon arrival and wow, the whole room was surrounded with them, the bed had a big heart shape on it, towels folded into swans, a massive IHEARTU set out on the floor with roses, roses in the outdoor bath tub, and the insanely perfect breakfast served in your very own villa and the amazingly friendly staff, the massage upon arrival and drink settled us in straight away. Would definitely recommend Aria Villas and will hopefully visit again some day

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bradey R
asia_traveller_1997, Manager at Aria Villas Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Bradey R,

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding the services provided by our team at Aria. It was our pleasure to prepare your villa with rose petals, in fact, we had a lot of fun doing it! We hope to be able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This place is amazing. The villas themselves are very modern, spacious, well serviced, clean and with all of the mod-cons. To wake up in the morning and be able to completely open the doors out onto your own pool with complete privacy to the sounds of birds makes every day special in this part of Bali. The staff are incredibly welcoming and accommodating. We stayed for 8 magical nights on our honeymoon and we couldn't have asked for more. Prices for spa, food, drinks - all very reasonable and exceeded our expectations. One small issue - for my wife only - not enough room for her cosmetics....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bridiebee

Dear Bridiebee,

Thank you so much for staying with us during your honeymoon. We are thrilled to read that you had a great time and we'll be adding shelves for additional bathroom amenities.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Spent a long weekend here end of May/beginning of June 2014.

Really can't fault the general service - from the staff who stayed on for our extra late check in (late flights = 03:00 arrival in Ubud), to the variety of daily breakfasts delivered and set up at the poolside cabana at the time you want...to the welcome massage...to the daily ice lollies...the bikes for loan...

In particular staff are friendly, helpful and obliging, nothing is too much trouble yet without a hint of being overbearing, really excellent service - there when you need something but the element of privacy (which most people want when staying in a private pool villa) remains.

If you have the chance, stay here you won't regret it.

Room Tip: Think next time we'd book a valley pool villa. Loved everything about the property from the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carol M

Dear Carol K,

Thank you for your review and kind comments with regards to the services provided as well as great comments with regards to our staff/team. They are always stoked to hear positive feedback. We also noted your comments with regards to the roof, in fact, as part of the landscaping design we have planted creepers that will cover the roofs completely, it will take another 6-8 months or so as unfortunately the plants are not growing as fast as we would like!

We hope that you will stay with us again in the furture.

Wow, Wow, Wow!!!!!

I knew when i came across Aria Villas on the internet that it would be the perfect villa and it did not disappoint.

From the minute I arrived to the last minute I left i received exceptional 5 star service. Arriving at reception which was so sleek and modern I had to fill in some forms and while I was doing that I received a shoulder massage as a welcome gift along with a cocktail. I arrived afew hours before check in but I only had to wait 30 minutes for my room to get quickly ready.

When I made direct contact with Aria via email to book with them I made it clear that I would like to book the Valley View room but I was told when I arrived that I would be upgraded to the Terrace Villa. I believe this isn't an Upgrade as the Terrace villas aren't so private and have views onto to roofs of the villas below... where the Valley Villas have tropical forest views direct from the pool which can be seen in my pictures. I'm abit fussy and clearly wanted to have no limited views to forest so hence why I booked the Valley Villa. I kindly questioned them and asked to be moved to a valley view villa which I had booked and was upgraded to the 3 Bedroom Villa which is located on the bottom of the property with the 1 bedroom valley villas. So thank you for that I really appreciate it.

As soon as we entered the villa I was blown away. The architecture- clean lines, Raw materials such as concrete and timber made me the space feel clean, sophisticated and modern.
Bedroom is large with office desk and his and hers bathroom kit. Waterfall shower and bath tub was amazing! Outdoor Kitchen equipped with all kitchen appliances. Massive Infinity pool overlooking Valley is breathtaking. I decided to have sneak peak into second and third bedrooms which was located below the villa with valley views. Great for a family of group for friends.

As Aria doesn't have a restaurant & spa on premises, this is all provided in the comfort of your own villa. I ordered daily cocktails while by the pool and were soooo tasty. Breakfast is set up for you at a time indicated the day before. So much food!!!! Lunch and dinner is also set up in the villa and was at a high quality. Great chef!

I decided to treat myself with a spa treatment. I booked a 1.5 hour Aria Massage which was truly incredible. I felt like I was walking on the clouds after it. It cost for 90 minutes around 50US which is not too bad. If I were to go somewhere in the Village are it would be half that. Definitely worth it though.

Make sure you take the free mountain bikes for use at Aria. To walk from Villa to main village its abit of a walk but so much more exciting and fun riding a bike. I was too afraid to hire a scooter as they are dangerous.

Service is exceptional. So friendly and helpful. I would HIGHLY recommend Aria Villas to ANYONE! Solo, couples, Families, friends ANYONE!!! You cant go wrong!

I am a travel blogger from Australia and have traveled all throughout Europe and the UAE and I have High expectations with hotels and villas and this by far has been the Best Experience.
I will Definitely be staying you Aria again on my next visit to Ubud hopefully soon.

Thank you again all the staff at Aria for making my stay one to remember.

If you found this Review helpful please click yes below and check out my other reviews on hotels and villas in Bali. Also check out my Travel Blog on Instagram: freezethatmoment for all tips, places eat and see and much more.

Room Tip: Valley View Private Villa. - 100% private Make use of free Mountain bike hire Definitely book a sp...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank JohnPampo
asia_traveller_1997, Manager at Aria Villas Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear John Pampo,

Thank you so much for the fantastic review and photos that you posted on Tripadvisor. We had the team get together and read your review (amongst other) and view the photos on the flat screen computer in our office, everyone was so thrilled!

We are so pleased that you understood the design vision and the quality and intend of the services that we have implemented at Aria Villas Ubud. It is hugely rewarding that all these are being recognised. We are looking forward to your return to Aria Villas Ubud. Wishing you safe travels.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

This place is beautiful! Great location, walking distance to amazing restaurants and very central. Having only 8 villas the staff can attend to you on a very personal level. These villas are great value and our expectations were exceeded on every level!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Don W
asia_traveller_1997, Manager at Aria Villas Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Don W,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us at Aria Villas Ubud. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you thought it was great value.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

+ Very stylish villa with private pool, beautiful view, good breakfast, friendly and helpful staff, outdoor shower, good location.

- Expensive spa. In Ubud you can find a perfect spa with more reasonable price. There wasn’t any towel-rail for drying swimsuits and shelf near the wash-hand-stand for our cosmetics (and in the bathroom – the shelf is located very far from shower). During our stay we had a problem with our key and lock – the lock was very tight.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trashtech
asia_traveller_1997, Manager at Aria Villas Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Trashtech,

We are incredibly happy that you had a perfect holiday with us at Aria Villas Ubud. We thank you for your comments; your critique is much appreciated as we continually thrive to improve our services and amenities. In reference to our spa prices, we are aware that our pricing is a little higher than some of the spas in Ubud but this is due to the extensive training that each of our therapists undergo and the quality of Aria's customised spa products which are formulated using only the finest ingredients. We want to give our guests the best possible spa experience without using inferior products.