“Beautiful but not worth the $$ spent.”

Natura Resort and Spa
Ranked #108 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 12 April 2011

The biggest problem was the room. It was incredibly musty: Having spent time around Ubud previously this was the mustiest place we had been (and the most expensive). It also could have been cleaned better - we found cobwebs (when reaching for lamp switches etc)

The shuttle is a bit frustrating - other resorts in the area offer shuttle service on demand with pick up calls available from the tourist office, while Natura shuttle only leaves every other hour and a lift home from town has to be reserved ahead of time and only at 20 past the hour.

We got a great price from agoda.com but still wasn't worth the 50% off room rate considering the level of service and quality of accommodation we received elsewhere for less than $100/night.

Ultimately I think you're paying for the decoration of the room - which is lovely albeit a bit old/tired (needed a new coat of paint, bathroom faucet was faulty and didn't always turn off)

Also internet signal was so weak it barely worked... which again at previous less expensive spots nearby wasn't an issue.

The property is fantastic, the pool is beautiful and the monkeys running around the forest at sunset were fun.

The staff + service were great: quick response to service inquiries + very attentive.

The food at the restaurant is incredible.

1  Thank peefeeter

Reviewed 11 April 2011

Long reviews re generally meant to criticise while when you are happy - what more can you say other than "We'll be back" or "We should have booked 10 nights instead of 6"?
The only drawback - is the lack of light in our villa - but that was fixed the next day after we asked- two spotlights were installed.

Got there to decompress and oh Great Gods - we really did.
Perfect place to clear out yr mind, body, soul and whatever there is.

Some might complain about rooms not so new or showers not so posh - but these are not the showers we'll get back there for. The jungle, the river, the oh-my-god-stareway to heaven aka - the way to the spa.

Anyway - my husband refuses to think about other Ubud options and we are definitely coming back next year. This time -with a spotlight and for a longer stay))))

- from Russia with love - so to say--

Reviewed 29 March 2011

We found this hotel online & from the reviews on trip advisor & the reasonable rates decided to book for 3 nights. All of my expectations were exceeded, we loved the resort!

Tucked into the hills, the jungle view is amazing. Very exclusive & quiet within the grounds of the hotel and in the rooms. We were upgraded a room category, which is always nice...rooms were clean and again beautiful views. Breakfast was good, staff was service oriented & very friendly. A shuttle service is provided into town so no taxis needed. You can borrow bikes (at no charge) and bike into the rice paddies. The staff let us also borrow traditional dress to wear to a local ceremony. The staff were very attentive with all requests.

The only constructive feedback is the spa prices are high for Bali. And if you are not able to walk stairs this may not be the place for you...there are lots of stairs.

But, all around this is a hidden gem and we will recommend to friends! We loved our stay!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2011

We left the crazy busyness of Legian and enjoyed the peacefulness and quiet of this
amazing Villa Resort. It sits above a river gorge and from our private patio and pool
area you can hear the rushing water and see monkeys and birds playing in the jungle
below. Our room was wonderful, truly Balinese style with open bamboo ceilings and
furniture. The outdoor shower and stone bathtub were just off the indoor bath and
were totally private. I loved the lap pool that is build right in the side of the hill and is
next to the river. I enjoyed using it in the morning before enjoying our wonderful breakfast.(included in the rate) The Resort provided a free shuttle service into town which was great for shopping and dinning. Also took advantage of the Spa services which were housed in private mini villa's along the river. After my massage and scrub a
bath was prepared for me filled with flower pedals. The tub hung over the building with the rushing river below, amazing and truly relaxing!! Staff was always engaging, giving and truly some of the finest service I've ever experienced. WOW! What a great place! My only regret is that we didn't stay here longer. Thank you! Thank you!

Reviewed 24 March 2011

We really loved this resort, and the staff were incredible. We were in Bali for our honeymoon, spanning over my birthday. The staff adorned our door and bed with special flowers and umbrellas to bring us luck. And, they gave us cake for each occasion. I never imagined such hospitality! The room was also gorgeous, cantilevered over the forest with an incredible view. It is a forest, so there were some bugs. And, the air conditioner generally worked, but not all the time. The resort is also a few minutes outside of Ubud, which we didn't mind.

Reviewed 23 March 2011

We stayed during Nyepi days with 6 and 10 yrs old children. In the night my son got sick and I called to be taken to nearest clinic/doctor. The response was very quick and the driver went beyond his duty, taking us to private doctor (even it was closed) then to clinic and be with us all the time to make sure everything is fine and that we were taken care by the clinic. Other staffs were very genuine. Even the GM was very kind.
The pool is fantastic, great view and clean.
I will recommend this resort to everyone. The only thing that need to be improved is the food (variety), also I tried to look for authentic Balinese food but the taste was still hotel's/ resort's taste. But the restaurant staff were great.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2011

Whatever minor issues are there will be forgotten once you see the view from your room. it's just spectacular. You can also hear the gushing river which is very special. Booked the deluxe room but got upgraded to the pool villa. Stay in this room if you can: the private day bed is so relaxing i stayed there more than in my own bed. The service is impeccable: warm,proactive, and efficient. When I went on my own for tea, they asked if I wanted some taken to my room for my companion. They also allowed me to stay in my room for the entire last day without additional charge because my flight was still late that evening.

Minor cribs: shuttle service could be more frequent or customised especially during low season. The complimentary breakfast is the same every day. Food is decent but nothing inspiring. Bath tub looks very old and worn out.

Overall, one of my favourite resorts and one that I will keep going back to!

• Stayed: March 2011