“Solace!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #102 of 192 Hotels in Ubud
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Solace!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

We stayed here for two nights..and I sincerely think it was a good decision!
Although the location is a bit off beat, its good for those who choose to be at ease! The surroundings offer you extreme calmness, the staff is warm and welcoming.
The food preparation is also very good.
The only disadvantage is that some of the villas do not have complete privacy, like the private villa pools are very visible from across terraces..so is the open air shower area..one may not be comfortable completely with these things..
Also, for the faint-hearted..be careful of lizards and geckos, they are really loud!
The spa location within the resort is fantastic! One should definately make use of it..

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Great place for reflection and relaxation away from the huddle and bustle of reality
Highly recommended with 2 large infinity pools and private pool if u grab those villas
My villa was number 12 and the seclusion and tranquility overlooking the gauge and listening to the mini rapids below while baking in my private pool was bliss, only a few days of that, massage package, was enough to quiet my mind.
Bali massage was decent and hot bath afterwards overlooking the gauge again was sublime on the first day in.
Staff are friendly, their English is not perfect but make the effort cause they are nice people.
Toilet didn't flush all to well but just pour water down while flushing for to push it through.
Bali belly is imminent just with the different foods and germs in bali so plan ahead and take travel tablets to get your bowels ready,
The food is good but don't expect the heavens to open.
During my one breakfast in the open view restaurant, give other patrons also had their breakfast at different times, this was probably the most travellers I came across on my stay-
In total one man, two European couples and a Chinese family with five in their party- so very minimal contact indeed.
Lots of good places to visit in Ubud and Natura has an hourly shuttle that you can utilise and come back on the hour until late so you can plan around.
I hired a driver to take me around on my last to temples and sites including the volcano scenic view where he took me to a nice buffet lunch -restaurant with an awesome view of the land below and mountains surrounding.

Natura organised two drivers for me to and from and both we're very friendly and helpful - highly recommend if you can't be bothered taxiing or hiring scooters which are both cheaper.
When visiting the temples ladies will come up to you as soon as you get out of your car to tell you you must buy a sarong to get into the temples- this is a lie. Just ignore them as much as they are in your face and walk straight to the entrance/ ticketer to view the awesome temple structures and landscapes. You can buy from them on your way out but they lie to try get a buck out of you.

Natura has recent DVD movies you can borrow for free,
Wifi which is not the fastest from any point in my villa or around the pool/ restaurant but it worked with patience and I wasn't going anywhere fast, and was able to watch shows on YouTube etc.

Artini is the manager and speaks the best English and is most helpful to help organise any site seeing and plans for you to assist where needed. Thank you Artini for making my stay most comfortable.

Natura is a place for solidarity and quiet.

About a $35aus tax fee to enter Bali at the airport and similar tax fee
To exit the airport, everything else is pretty straight forward though.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Vita M
singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

This is the worst resort I have ever stayed in Ubud. It clearly neglected management and maintenance. I chose villa with private pool, the pool is more of a private bathtub that nobody ever cleans, there water is not flowing and the water is so dirty inside--please see my pictures below. The bedsheet was very dirty with so many blackspots I found, and I took many photos of them. The room is big but room shape is wired, the bathroom is big but the toilet doesn't have a door and was open and facing the shower, as well as basin. There are dead bugs inside the toilet and the room, the staff who showed us into the room picked the dead bugs up when he entered, and I picked up another one the next day in the morning! The restaurant was full of flies and there are bugs climbing out of your plates, you cannot even properly sit down and have breakfast.
I have stayed in a 5 star resort in Ubud and it was absolutely beautiful and worth every penny paid of that 500 dollars, I have stayed in a family-chain resort in Ubud which costs only 60 dollars but also very clean and cosy, I have stayed in several small hotels in Ubud center for about 30 dollars and very nice rooms also. I paid for over 200 dollars for this resort and it is absolutely worst value for money and a cheating!

Room Tip: Please make sure you don't choose Villa 7, nor Villa with private pool, that's more of a pri...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Julietzhu
Lala T, Manager at Natura Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Julietzhu,

Greetings from Natura Resort & Spa!
Thank you for choosing our resort as your holiday destination and for sparing the time to share your valuable feedback.
At the onset kindly accept our apologies for all the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us. We strive to deliver the best of services to the utmost satisfaction of our guest. However, we sincerely regret that we were not able to live up to your expectations.
Our resorts called Natura is located in a jungle environment, where you finds birds, monkeys, squirrels and sometimes a small bugs, as well in rainy seasons. And the leaves may fall into the plunge pool, I wished you could have dialed our room service for immediate attendance.
We would like to assure you that your much detailed feedback has been discussed with our team members to initiate corrective measures.
It is quite unfortunate on our end that we were not able to deliver a true "Natura holiday experience" during your stay with us; however we would like to reassure your trust in us and would be happy to have you as our guest again.

Warm Regards,

Lala T, Team and Management Natura Resort and Spa
Jeju, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Situated atop a valley in the jungle and only a short (10 min, complimentary) drive into Ubud, this hotel was far enough away to feel like your own private jungle retreat, yet close and easy enough to get into town. From the moment we arrived until the moment we departed, we hardly ever saw any other guests at the resort. The service was exceptional and the room was spacious and elegantly appointed. The infinity pool was beautiful and just as the photographs show. The restaurant food was good and reasonably priced and the included breakfast was very generous. We had massages from the ambient spa which were lovely, albeit a bit pricey by Bali standards. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the Ubud area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kari S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

I stayed there for 4 days on 4th Feb 2014 and it was just one of the best villa / hotel i had ever stayed so far that gives me such enjoyment and excitement when i first arrived at the hotel. The staff are very friendly and polite and also very funny as well.

The room i stayed in is in awesome condition, very clean, very good scent, no doubt its in the middle of the forest, its still considerably very clean. One thing to take note is the sound of the Geckos which could be a bit in the way at the middle of the night for light sleepers.

Restaurant food was good, appetizing, delicious. I almost had all my meals at the restaurant.
Staff there were helpful, friendly and kind.

The view from the hotel was nothing but AWESOME!!! I am so happy when i saw a sunset view from my room private pool. Jawsdropping.

If anyone of you is not going for the SPA or not even have the slightest thought of going for it, I would strongly suggest you make a trip down the stairs to the SPA. Walk down the flight of stairs and you will feel Heavenly. Its like paradise, out of the world scene. It was so photogenic, and every shot makes the photos looks like paradise!

I will definitely head back again to say a BIG HI to all the staff again and my room!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Adelaide
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Very nice place to stay. Restaurant was good and the spa treatments were good also but a tad expensive for Bali. Shuttles made it easy to get into the centre of ubud. Highly recommend staying here. Staff were friendly and allways willing to help. Great place just to relax.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Samhannahkelly
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

We were greeted by the staff - who treat you like family at this 5 star hidden gem, well hidden away from Ubud center.You'll feel mezmerized by the imponent beauty of nature in it's purest form. The rooms are big and tastefully appointed with traditional Balinese flare, and will inspire you to reconsider your home decor! ;) Other important features as Balinese style ceiling, beautiful roomy bathrooom with scenic views and a huge private terrace. Bed was also very comfortable. Good air conditioned also a plus! Delicious breakfast, and great Balinese coffee next to the infinity pool to start your morning the right way ;) Looking forward for my next time back at your property, as a grateful smart shopper I totally recommend it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple