“Pure Bliss!”

Natura Resort and Spa
Ranked #109 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed here our last 2 nights in Bali and were blown away! I highly recommend this place and would love to return for an extended stay. It's located in the heart of the jungle (remote) and is very peaceful and quiet. Despite them being full, we rarely saw other guests, making it feel as if we had the whole resort to ourselves. We were given a delicious welcome drink when we arrived and information on all amenities, as well as a free 10 minute "welcome massage". The accommodations are superb. The villa was very clean and well maintained. The bathroom was very large, with an outdoor component - shower and bathtub. The bed had flower petals all over it and was extremely comfortable. We had our best sleeps here! We did not need to use the mosquito net around the bed. We loved being surrounded by nature in our private plunge pool (which was refreshingly cold) and reading without any disturbances on the outdoor day bed. The meals were delicious but subject to an additional 21% tax/service. However, breakfast was included and had a large variety and was very filling,The infinity pool overlooking the jungle was picturesque and also the coldest pool we used in all our stays in Indonesia. We treated ourselves to a massage during our stay and the facilities were beautifully located and ultra-relaxing, however required a walk back up over 150 stairs, which wasn't difficult for us. There is also a larger lap infinity pool by the spa that looked very inviting, but we didn't get the chance to use it. The staff were very friendly and talkative and went above and beyond to accommodate any of our needs.

Room Tip: It wasn't necessary paying the extra money to have our own private plunge pool. There was never...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chelsey S

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Amazing staff, peaceful atmosphere, greenery everywhere. Would definitely go back and stay hereagain. I just wish the restaurant had more variety. If you want to be surrounded by the sounds of nature, this is your place. You hear the river, monkeys on the trees, rain and thunder a d stare at the bright green trees with not a sound I from the modern world.

Room Tip: Make sure you specify what view you want.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Karan N
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The setting of Natura is unlike any of the other resorts, which are part of the city of Ubud. Natura is in the countryside, cut into a cliff, with two swimming pools that are so much part of the forest that you can lean over the side and stare into wilderness. If you're an eco-tourist, this is the place for you. You get a massage in a wood cabin, and later soak in a beautiful tub that juts over a cliff full of coconut palms.

If you're a city-person, you can start to get annoyed by the leaves in the pools, the bugs everywhere, or the tree-frogs that visit you at dinner.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Radha N
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We came back to Natura after a wonderful stay 3 years ago. Still a lovely peaceful place to stay and staff are helpful and attentive. Shuttle bus to Ubud is useful as the resort isn't within walking distance of Ubud. Room number 12 is best if you want total privacy and plunge pool, room 11 is closer to the hotel dining area, not noisy but not so private. Rooms are spacious and cool, beds comfortable and complete with insect nets although insects weren't a problem during our visit.

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank CFbonsai
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We stayed at Natura for 3 nights. We booked direct with the Resort and all email communication was prompt. The resort is beautiful with amazing views. We requested villa 12 from previous reviews and it did not disappoint. The bed and pillows were comfortable and the room was cleaned well each day. The bathroom is huge! Staff are very friendly although a lot of them have limited English. The resort supplied us with a lovely baby cot which had a mosquito net.

Breakfast is nice although limited in choice...also very slow. We arrived at the restaurant at 7am (open from 7 for Breakfast) on our last day as we were being picked up at 8am. The restaurant wasn't even open yet, when I got to the lobby to find out what was happening, the staff were all talking!! I told them we were in a hurry. We then didn't get our scrambled eggs until 7:40. Pretty unreal. Hubby also complained of 'warm beer' with lunch.

The safe is not bolted in so I did feel uneasy leaving our belongings in there...as anyone could just walk out with it!

The wild monkeys coming into our private courtyard were one of the highlights...amazing!!! The jacuzzi was lovely and warm.

The spa (down about 150 steps) is very expensive so as much as I wanted to try it, I didn't.

The shuttle into town is handy and very much needed. On one occassion they were 30 minutes late picking me up which was annoying as I was on my own with all the drinking water and my baby on my hip. They don't have the shuttle every hour so it made it tricky when organising meals around little kids.

Overall, I loved the hotel but would only go back with girlfriends, as my husband and kids are more into adventurous things, not relaxing...but it's PERFECT for those wanting to chill out.

Room Tip: Villa's 11 and 12 have the best view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We stayed here for two nights..and I sincerely think it was a good decision!
Although the location is a bit off beat, its good for those who choose to be at ease! The surroundings offer you extreme calmness, the staff is warm and welcoming.
The food preparation is also very good.
The only disadvantage is that some of the villas do not have complete privacy, like the private villa pools are very visible from across terraces..so is the open air shower area..one may not be comfortable completely with these things..
Also, for the faint-hearted..be careful of lizards and geckos, they are really loud!
The spa location within the resort is fantastic! One should definately make use of it..

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Great place for reflection and relaxation away from the huddle and bustle of reality
Highly recommended with 2 large infinity pools and private pool if u grab those villas
My villa was number 12 and the seclusion and tranquility overlooking the gauge and listening to the mini rapids below while baking in my private pool was bliss, only a few days of that, massage package, was enough to quiet my mind.
Bali massage was decent and hot bath afterwards overlooking the gauge again was sublime on the first day in.
Staff are friendly, their English is not perfect but make the effort cause they are nice people.
Toilet didn't flush all to well but just pour water down while flushing for to push it through.
Bali belly is imminent just with the different foods and germs in bali so plan ahead and take travel tablets to get your bowels ready,
The food is good but don't expect the heavens to open.
During my one breakfast in the open view restaurant, give other patrons also had their breakfast at different times, this was probably the most travellers I came across on my stay-
In total one man, two European couples and a Chinese family with five in their party- so very minimal contact indeed.
Lots of good places to visit in Ubud and Natura has an hourly shuttle that you can utilise and come back on the hour until late so you can plan around.
I hired a driver to take me around on my last to temples and sites including the volcano scenic view where he took me to a nice buffet lunch -restaurant with an awesome view of the land below and mountains surrounding.

Natura organised two drivers for me to and from and both we're very friendly and helpful - highly recommend if you can't be bothered taxiing or hiring scooters which are both cheaper.
When visiting the temples ladies will come up to you as soon as you get out of your car to tell you you must buy a sarong to get into the temples- this is a lie. Just ignore them as much as they are in your face and walk straight to the entrance/ ticketer to view the awesome temple structures and landscapes. You can buy from them on your way out but they lie to try get a buck out of you.

Natura has recent DVD movies you can borrow for free,
Wifi which is not the fastest from any point in my villa or around the pool/ restaurant but it worked with patience and I wasn't going anywhere fast, and was able to watch shows on YouTube etc.

Artini is the manager and speaks the best English and is most helpful to help organise any site seeing and plans for you to assist where needed. Thank you Artini for making my stay most comfortable.

Natura is a place for solidarity and quiet.

About a $35aus tax fee to enter Bali at the airport and similar tax fee
To exit the airport, everything else is pretty straight forward though.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo