Tunjung Mas Resort Ubud
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$1,056
Travelocity
US$227
US$167
Agoda.com
All reviewsstandard roomyoga barnmonkey forestbebek bengilstayed here for a weekper nightlush gardensswimming poolclose proximityeach morningthe ground floorbalinese hospitalitywelcome drinkbanana pancakeswonderful staythe hustle and bustlesupermarket
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Not so sure how tunjung mas fairs against other places to stay at Ubod. Location, simple service, accommodating staff, cleanliness of the room are all excellent. I won't go into details on these since other reviews have described it well.

Lowlights for me are the creeky bed, small air condition unit in a big room, eeky feeling of the shower area, old TV set but that's actually acceptable...what's not acceptable was having local channels only! They should provide basic cable channels like CNN, HBO, Natgeo and Discovery channels.

Breakfast was very simple. Toasted bread, basic jam&butter, assorted fruits, coffee or tea and fruit juice. They should improve on the juice part though. It wasn't 100% fresh juice. They provided our bfast at 5am because we had to leave at 6am for the airport. It was very kind of them to wake up and prepare bfast for us that early!

True, the whole place is nice and quiet. However, i didnt sleep well when we were there. There was no gate to your villa/room so I didn't feel secure. I felt anyone can just go in from the main road and knock at your glass door or windows!

I'd still recommend this place if you're in a budget trip. I only paid $55usd a night. Again, not sure how much other places cost per night.

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank pinay_shopgirl
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Very friendly staff. Rooms are neat and clean. Set in a peaceful garden with good pool and mini waterfall. Close to Monkey forest and Ubud restaurants. Lovely view from upstairs overlooking rice fields.

Room Tip: Room 10 upstairs has a private balcony with great view and also has a king size bed.
1  Thank Philmurc
Reviewed 13 November 2011

We liked Tunjung Mas Bungalows. The staff were great in receiving us and were helpful in dropping us off around Ubud. The pool was good to relax by however we asked them to turn off the waterfall as our beers were getting too much water in them.
The rooms were fine for the price. We stayed right down the back in the last downstairs room. There was a small courtyard which was nice to have breakfast in. The bathrooms are unusual to say the least. Glass walls, although they have curtains.
A mosquito net from the roof would have been nice so I would recommend closing the toilet door and spraying the room at night before bed time.
We had a massage in house and it was ok for the price. Overally couldn't fault 2 nights stay, plenty of house beers and a massage for $120ish

Room Tip: We had the last room down the back, bottom floor. Good patio area.
1  Thank aussieembassy
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Standard rooms are very good, very clean and comfortable with a garden view. The only downfall is not enough storage space in bathroom, as it is quite cramped where toilet and basin is (could have just been my room layout). Overall the resort looks beautiful. Gede also, is only too willing to help you with anything and is a very nice man. Staff are friendly and courteous. Breakfast is delivered to your room at the time requested based on an order menu or you can eat in lobby area. The hotel is around a 20 minute walk to the centre of Ubud but only a 5 minute walk to Perama Bus Station and a 10 minute walk to Monkey Forest. Taxis are around 20,000rp to get to central area. There is a pool hall just down the road which is cheap and a good place to meet other travellers. I had a great time here whipping Murcutt's butt off!!

Room Tip: Room 19 has a balcony looking over rice fields
1  Thank 4aqua
Reviewed 5 November 2011

Despite most of the good review, I really couldn't like this hotel. The location is alright, near to yoga barn and bebek bengil and within walkin distance to monkey forest street. Service of the hotel is excellent no doubt. They gave us free shuttle to ubud market and ibu oka Babi guling, also fetched us from the other hotel, tegal sari, for between hotel transfer. Landscaping of the hotel is beautiful. But other than that, I can't give any compliment. I stayed in the deluxe room no 3 upstairs, but I would rather stay in the standard room which my friends took. The villa offers no paddy field view. The room and the toilet are big, but they are so old which make me feel so eery. The lightning is too dim that I can't read a book even with all lights switched on at night. I have more than 20 mosquitoes bite despite plugging in an electrical mosquito repellent and burning a mosquito coil in the room. I asked for a mosquito spray but the staff said they do not have it. The toilet stinks and the wall is so worn off with pieces of paint fall off and some paste of cement without repainting as shown in pictures. Toilet bowl has brownish stain and there is no standing shower. Only a shower handle in the bathtub. The hair dryer provided is like 20 years old. For USD 60 I certainly expect more than a breakfast with only one egg, 2 white toast, and a super diluted juice. The standard room 08 which my friends stay in is brighter and looks more modern. But there is black ants troop in the toilet that they have to call the staff to spray twice. I stayed in a wooden room in tegal sari ( opposite tunjung mas) the day before, and the experience was completely different with similar price paid, where u get Balinese style and comfort minus the eeriness.

• Stayed: November 2011