“Nice place, but new construction next door not good”

Tunjung Mas Resort Ubud
Ranked #70 of 639 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Stayed here 3 nights, booked online sight unseen, gotta good price around Au$40 a night.

Welcoming staff, fruit drink on arrival.
Got a standard room right down the back - room was a good size, reasonably new looking with some wear & tear, not grotty tho. Aircon & tv work well, however there are only Bahasa Indonesia channels, so brush up if you need your tv fix.
There is a bar fridge & kettle etc for tea & coffee, & a hair dryer, I never used them so can't comment on functionality.

The bathroom is separated from the rest of the room by a glass wall - I was on my own, but it might be somewhat disconcerting for others - there are curtains that can be pulled across if you don't want your room mate watching you on the toilet.
There is nowhere to hang any clothing, not even a hook anywhere. I just used the 2 chairs to drape things.

The pool is small but tidy, and welcome after a hot day out.
Breakfast needs to be ordered the night before, specifying the time you want it, & options are limited, no buffet.
Breakfast is the only meal available, you have to venture out for everything else, but there are several restaurants and a large supermarket within a 5 minute walk.

All in all, a nice tidy place.
HOWEVER, the construction of the 4 storey place next door is a problem now & in the future.
Now, because they start up the angle grinders at about 0730, if the noise doesn't get to you, the smell will. As they are just putting the frame up now, I expect building noise to be constant for the next few months at least.

In the future, because most of the rooms only have windows, or in my case, French doors, on that side. Once that building goes up, there will be no natural light coming in to any of the ground floor rooms, and the upstairs rooms will have light blocked out from this new building too.

Such a shame & no fault of the owners or staff here.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank livinginnasuitcase

Reviewed 22 June 2012

My husband and I were scheduled to stay here for the first part of our honeymoon for 5 nights but we only ended up staying for 1 night. We arrived late (2am) and the staff were waiting up for us which was lovely and we were shown to our rooms quickly given the time. However at 7am we were woken due to construction activity right outside our room. Under normal circumstances, we may have stayed but given it was our honeymoon we ended up leaving. The staff were very understanding though and even dropped us off to Tjampuhan resort which we ended up at.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We've stayed at this small hotel (called a bungalow) at least three times and every time it has been a great stay. The rooms are very large with great amenities, breakfast (either in your room or by reception) is enjoyable and large, and we especially love the pool. Our last visit was a short one, just one night on our way home, but it was quite wonderful to have a quiet, welcoming place to stay.

Room Tip: Spend a little more on the "deluxe" rooms if you want to be on the second floor. All room...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank MikeHSFO
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I stayed in Tunjung Mas for 5 nights by myself. I wanted to visit the Yoga Barn and was not disappointed; only 5 minutes walk from the Barn and a lovely, relaxing place to stay. The hotel itself is clean and comfortable. My room was massive and well equipped and the bathroom was the biggest I've ever stayed in. My beautiful balcony overlooked bamboo and the gorgeous gardens and I was very happy with my stay. TM may not be the newest of hotels which shows in some places but it is still amazing value for money and was a welcoming place to stay. The staff are all super friendly and are what make this hotel special. The absolute highlight for me though was the massages with Komang in the spa. Again, the spa is not the most luxurious to look at but Komang gave the best massages of my life!!!! I arrived with chronic hip pain but skipped out 3 massages later!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Ailise R
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Had a good stay there for 3 nights. A very nice location close to the good food places. A little away from the heart of the city, but quiet place.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Pushkar K
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Near to the famous restaurant bebek bengil. 10 min walks to monkey forest. Central of restaurant, lounge, convenient store etc.

Room is clean and comfortable. Spacious enough..

If need to use wifi have to go to the lobby though.. Room wifi is very poor with weak connection.

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank Clykitten
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We are spending 3 nights here. Our room overlooks rice fields. Very quiet. The staff is very helpful and delightful. They recommended a fabulous walk which was the highlight of our 6 day visit to Ubud. Easy walk to restaurants. Modern bathroom, good shower. A/C sufficient. Standard room was an excellent value.

Room Tip: Standard room #10 overlooks rice fields
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple