Stayed here 3 nights, booked online sight unseen, gotta good price around Au$40 a night.
Welcoming staff, fruit drink on arrival.
Got a standard room right down the back - room was a good size, reasonably new looking with some wear & tear, not grotty tho. Aircon & tv work well, however there are only Bahasa Indonesia channels, so brush up if you need your tv fix.
There is a bar fridge & kettle etc for tea & coffee, & a hair dryer, I never used them so can't comment on functionality.
The bathroom is separated from the rest of the room by a glass wall - I was on my own, but it might be somewhat disconcerting for others - there are curtains that can be pulled across if you don't want your room mate watching you on the toilet.
There is nowhere to hang any clothing, not even a hook anywhere. I just used the 2 chairs to drape things.
The pool is small but tidy, and welcome after a hot day out.
Breakfast needs to be ordered the night before, specifying the time you want it, & options are limited, no buffet.
Breakfast is the only meal available, you have to venture out for everything else, but there are several restaurants and a large supermarket within a 5 minute walk.
All in all, a nice tidy place.
HOWEVER, the construction of the 4 storey place next door is a problem now & in the future.
Now, because they start up the angle grinders at about 0730, if the noise doesn't get to you, the smell will. As they are just putting the frame up now, I expect building noise to be constant for the next few months at least.
In the future, because most of the rooms only have windows, or in my case, French doors, on that side. Once that building goes up, there will be no natural light coming in to any of the ground floor rooms, and the upstairs rooms will have light blocked out from this new building too.
Such a shame & no fault of the owners or staff here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tunjung Mas Resort Ubud is ideal and a peaceful place to stay with your family in Ubud. Located in the middle of Ubud. Close to Yoga Barn, Coco supermarket, monkey forest, ect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tunjung Mas Resort Ubud reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tunjung Mas Bungalows Hotel Ubud
- Tunjung Mas Resort Ubud Bali