Nuriani Restaurant and Rooms
US$431
TripAdvisor
US$1,808
US$1,690
All reviewsyoga barnnice bedyogurtbreakfast was includedcouple of nightsrice fieldsmonkey forrestacwifitowelssawataxisbalconydenpasarclassesbaliscooter
Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights. Booked through booking.com-initially didn't seem to recognise our booking but fit us in anyway. Got a lovely room on the 4th floor with amazing views of the rice paddies behind the property. Shower was weak and took a long time to heat up but otherwise bathroom was nice and clean. Manager was very helpful in organising tours and trips. Free breakfast was good. For 250.000 Rp/night a great place to stay and a great location.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2016

PROS:
- breakfast: a delicious breakfast was available to start your day off right. The meal was served in The Fusion Restaurant, which was below the hotel. You could choose from 4 different meals: a traditional Indonesian meal of fried rice and egg, to continental, pancakes, or yogurt with fresh fruit. Coffee, tea, or fruit juice was also included
- my room: a standard comfy bed, a strong AC unit, a private bathroom, and a balcony with a beautiful view of the rice paddies (*this view sold the hotel for me)
- towel and linen is included
- clothes rack is on the balcony
- WiFi: was available in most areas (see cons)
- location: it was walking distance to everything I needed; Yoga Barn was 200 meters away, Coco Supermarket was less than a 5 minute walk, Monkey Forest Road and the market was very close as well
- since I stayed at the hotel for 10 days, I was able to negotiate a special nightly rate for me
- hot water is also available throughout the stay
- daily room cleaning is provided IF you need it. I choose not so frequent of a cleaning though

CONS:
- WiFi: when I arrived they told me the WiFi was going to be looked after since they were having difficulties with signal and strength, after the company came to see it, they thought it would be better, unfortunately, I was always kicked out of the WiFi (lobby and floor 2) when in my room so reconnecting had to happen often
- the sheets and towels show their age. The first night I arrived, I had to request for my sheets to be changed since there were holes in the duvet cover and stains on the sheets. After my sheets were change, it was ok. Then, when they staff changed my sheets again (remember, I was there for nearly 2 weeks), they changed it back to sheets with holes and stains... The towels also had some bleach stain on them

STAFF:
- they were very friendly and accommodating! Always smiling and ready to help when needed. I was even invited to celebrate Galungan (a traditional ceremony that happens two times a year in Bali) with a staff member and their family in a nearby village! That was very sweet!!! Unfortunately, the day I was leaving, there was miscommunication between staff members and my trip from Ubud to Lembongan Island was compromised. This left a bitter taste... However, up until this incident, it was a great stay!

MISC:
- booking tours, transport, massage is available with Karnie (the main staff of the hotel)

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

Came back to ubud after having a wonderful time here a few weeks previously and as we were flying out from Denpasar. Stayed here two nights- the first the room was lovely, great touch with flowers on the bed. Wifi was a bit iffy but that's fine. Had major issues with the shower though- it worked fine but the drain didn't drain so it almost overflowed out of the shower bowl. It also brought with it an awful smell. In the morning we mentioned this to reception who were very apologetic and offered to move our room. The second room had a much better view over the rice padi fields and it was also much bigger. It had a bath in the bathroom- the major issue with this is there was no plug or connection in the bath which left a big hole where the water overflow goes. Twice in the evening/ night I went in to find a HUGE cockroach in the bath!! Which totally ruined my nights sleep!
Breakfast was fine and the owner also was very accommodating.

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

I recently stayed here on my own, I was greeted by a friendly smiling face at reception who efficiently checked me in and showed me straight to my room. Generally staff were very polite, smiley and helpful :)

I had a double ensuite with a cute little terrace with a lovely view. Perfect to chill out and have some down time.

Very good AC system! Shower could have done with a clean but it wasn't too bad. Room was very basic but I had everything I needed.

Breakfast was included (news to me as I didn't realise upon booking) .. I would advise however going out for breakfast as it's not great!

Location is good, roughly 25 min walk up to the market and main streets, I personally didn't find this was too long at all and loved the scenic walk up the road.

My only thing was that on booking.com it shows a swimming pool is part of the facilities however I discovered it was over the road and you had to pay a small entrance fee. Not ideal!

Would stay again :)

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank leanne h
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

During high season where many places are already fully booked it's VERY clever and eye-catching to place a board out on the pavement with upfront prices and info on the hotel, as this is what drew me to the place having previously not even known they had rooms here.
The manageress Karni is EVERYTHING that a manageress SHOULD be. She is welcoming, friendly, helpful and kind and a delight to deal with. Unfortunately for her she's dealing with a hotel that's in two sections, a new block and an old original block that could do with some TLC. However, she was happy to find me a room on the top floor of the old block with amazing rice field view and wifi at reasonable price with me being alone.
That first night I had big problems with the shower in that room but the young boy on duty that evening gave me the use of another room downstairs to take a shower....this is where the whole Fawlty Towers situation came in, as the second room had no hot water, only cold as they'd run out of gas for heating the water. He fetched me a bucket of water and a rice bowl so I could at least take a shower! I ended up running up and downstairs between two rooms all evening, and in the morning I had to move to the second room because after a plumber's visit water from the upstairs room was now dripping through the ceiling after and into the reception area! Everyone was so apologetic about it that it was actually more funny than anything else! Karni couldn't have been more accommodating about the whole thing though, and I was kindly given a discount for the inconveniences of the first night.
The rooms are very comfortable and clean with ac and some with balcony too (awesome views from the rooms at the back of the hotel!). Breakfast is basic but filling. And the staff are lovely, especially Karni. Even the resident old dog 'Pamela Anderson' is a joy to be around...she's discovered I'm a soft touch as far as treats are concerned!
Despite the comedy of the things going wrong at this place I would highly recommend it because sometimes it's the people that totally make the place. Oh, and it helps that the rooms are budget priced too!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo