Viceroy Bali
US$539
US$508
HotelsClick
1,148 results
All reviewscascades restaurantterrace villalembah spaour honeymoonprivate poolmain poolswim up bara la carte breakfastheaven on earthpure luxuryhalf day tourcoffee plantationamazing hotelcomplimentary shuttle servicehuge bedoverlooking the valleyon demand
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 August 2013

The fact that. I am writing this review from my sun bed on my private terrace at the Viceroy, on the sixth day of a seven day stay at the Viceroy, speaks volumes because I'm normally rather lazy about making contributions to Trip Advisor. However, this hotel is so fantastic that I have to share my experience with others. The problem I have is that this place is so great, I don't know where to begin!

Firstly the accommodation is absolutely fantastic - as good, if not better than the photographs. We are currently staying in a Deluxe Terrace Villa and it is outstanding - the best Hotel room I have stayed in, by far. Our private infinity pool and terrace area is simply stunning and we have loved using it every day. Several contributors have commented that the pool was too cold to use, but I have enjoyed swimming in ours every day - the trick is to switch off the fountain for a while before entering the water as this allows the sun to warm the water more efficiently. Any potential visitors to the Viceroy should be reassured to learn that this hotel has excellent systems in place to ward off unwanted insects and bugs - we haven't been bitten by any mosquitoes, which is quite remarkable!

The staff at this place are some of the best I have ever encountered; They are so warm and friendly and cannot do enough for you. In addition, it is refreshing to find that the owners are regularly on hand to meet and greet guests and they are genuinely interested in receiving comments and feedback from visitors.

The food at the Cascades Restaurant is first class and the wonderful breakfast menu will meet the highest expectations. In addition, we have enjoyed the ambience of the restaurant in the evenings and the excellent quality of the food and wine. The prices seem to us to be quite reasonable and certainly what we would expect to pay in a hotel of this calibre. Stephane, the restaurant manager, needs a special mention, as he provides a very attentive, yet discrete, service to all his guests.

The Lembah Spa is also great with friendly, attentive staff. We have enjoyed our treatments and have more planned prior to leaving this place.

Another good service is the free shuttle to Ubud and the availability of drivers and cars for private tours. We enjoyed a great afternoon tour with Catur (Number 4) as our knowledgeable, friendly driver and guide.

Thanks, once again, to everyone at the Viceroy. You have made sure that we have enjoyed a wonderful, relaxing break at your remarkable resort. We intend to return to the paradise that is the Viceroy, when we are en route to Australia and New Zealand next year.

Room Tip: Deluxe Terrace Villa no. 25 is fab. Nearest to all main areas but still private.
2  Thank PinkPeeps
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Had a bit struck of luck, stayed in this amazing place for 4 nights. The place located near the valley very quiet and peaceful.

The room itself is amazing, spacious and luxurious, the staff are very professional and really respect your privacy.

The breakfast and dinner in Cascades restaurant, also delicious...the kitchen team definetly know what they do and it delivers fantastic :-)

So if you want to really have an amazing memorable stay in Ubud, I definetly recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We needed a relaxing break and my goodness, the Viceroy knows how to deliver this. We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights in August. The staff are exceptionally nice and even I would go as far to say, genuinely kind. Despite being unlucky with rainy weather we were so lucky to have picked this hotel. I can't speak highly enough of the place; it is haven like and the atmosphere of the hotel is relaxing beyond measure.

The staff genuinely seem to care that the guests enjoy every minute. The staff at the Cascades restaurant in particular; they were so impressive. I have never encountered anything like it and I have travelled ALOT. They are just so eager to please WITHOUT being intrusive at all. You really enjoy the meals there. The food is excellent, really delicious and wonderful. The manager, Stefan, is incredibly knowledgeable and is always on hand to make wine recommendations etc., Breakfast was a DELIGHT every morning.

The rooms are beautifully appointed. We visited the spa twice and it was truly excellent. I am a massage connoisseur and I was very impressed.

I plan to return for sure. It was a wonderful experience. This hotel really is unique. The owners have created something very special; I hope they keep it like this forever!

1  Thank Dubhessa
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Spent first part of our honeymoon here, it was amazing the hosts were excellent, the meals were succulent, blablabla... Worldclass brilliant! The personal attention to detail was incredible, I marvel at the quality of the villas, the views and the meals, we have stayed in near similar cost 5 star highly reviewed hotels since and have never had an experience like the Viceroy!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We stayed here for a week in August 2013 with my wife, in a terrace villa.

Our first impression of the villa was fantastic! Beautifully decorated and spacious, clean, with ample space for luggage and clothes. Nice small swimming pool with just the right temperature for a refreshing dive!

The only restaurant in the resort - CasCades - was beautiful and with very nice food, excellent manager - thank you Stefan! - but with slow service which most of the times we did not mind as the staff are SOOOO friendly and attentive. Drinks are RIDICULOUSLY expensive!!
Keep in mind that all meals are a la carte, so if you are a fan of buffets this resort is not for you. There is plenty of choice though, the cuisine is French/Indonesian and excellent.

The owners are there most of the times to greet you and see that you are pleased with your stay.

There is a small boutique with a good variety of local things to buy for you, your friends and your relatives if you so wish

The weather was a bit of a let down - August is supposed to be dry and sunny - but who can you blame for this!?

All in all we had a great time and we would gladly go back.

Whilst we were there we visited the monkey forest, the local market, the elephant safari park, the rice paddies and the coffee and teas plantation. They are all worth a visit but the elephant safari park was the best for us (our first time in such a place)

1  Thank ENTDOC-GREECE