“Amazing! Heaven on Earth, I don’t want to leave this place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Viceroy Bali

Viceroy Bali
Ranked #2 of 193 Hotels in Ubud
Singapore, Singapore
“Amazing! Heaven on Earth, I don’t want to leave this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

I visited Viceroy Bali for 2 days and 1 night last week of August, and my experience of stay is so “AMAZING and UNFORGETTABLE”. This 5-star hotel is in the heart of Ubud, where the place is so tranquil, peaceful and beautiful.

Viceroy Bali has a grand entrance; Helipad is the first thing that you will see once entering their hotel. The staffs are so warm and welcoming. They gave me garland, welcome drinks and cool towel on my arrival.

I stayed on the “Deluxe Terrace Villa” and the room is so beautiful and fabulous, have super size king bed, huge bath tub, hot & cold shower, day bed, 42” inch LCD TV, iPod/iPhone docking station, and “inside pool” which has the most spectacular view of the forest and river.

The breakfast is amazing! A-la cart style (buffet) meaning, whatever your choices in the menu you can order and they will amazingly cook for you. On my second day, I went to their SPA (Lehmba Spa), had 1 hour massage, body scrub, floral bathe, Jacuzzi and steam sauna, that gave me 2 hours of full relaxation (mind & body). And, at night, I had a seven-course meal romantic candle light dinner which has the best selection of food (credit to the F&B Manager for choosing finest menu).

I left BALI that my heart is in “Viceroy”. Been to many places and stayed to many hotels but my stay in Viceroy is the best so far... And, I am so recommending this for “couple” who wants to have a romantic vacation or honeymooners. This place is such a paradise that convinced me not to go somewhere else in Bali but to stay only on their hotel. Wonderful staff, amazing room and tranquil place.

Viceroy is the best place to stay in BALI!!!

Room Tip: Choose the Deluxe Terrace Villa
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank vinatraveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Staying in ubud is a must do for a Bali vacation. The viceroy was beautiful. We had villa #1 and it was so relaxing and peaceful. Our driver Muggy was so helpful and knowledgable and friendly. He took us to the elephant sanctuary and the rice terraces and the water palace temple and for a tour of a traditional Bali family compound. The cappuccinos at the Viceroy are the best I've ever had and the food is scrumptious. I really enjoyed sitting out in our outside room that floated above the water of our private pool.

Room Tip: A villa is always the best way to go.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lora B
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

My room cost about SGD800 which I thought was quite costly but it was worth the experience! Awesomely spacious room with beautiful private pool and lounging area. Fantastic view of the forest. Quiet and relaxing ambience. Great for a yoga retreat as well!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

The Viceroy Bali is the most beautiful Hotel I have ever stayed in. I have done a lot of travelling and visited many places around the world, but this hotel by far has to be one of the most magical places I have had the privilege of staying in.
The privacy, tranquility and over all experience is truly perfect if you are in need of relaxation and pampering.
Each and every detail of this amazing hotel is a credit in so many ways.
The hotel has everything you could need, and your stay can be tailored to suit any wish or requirement.
The restaurant offers exquisite cuisine, the spa offers beautiful treatments my massage was unbelievable.
I organised a guided trekking tour, as well has having high speed wireless Internet through out the property, access to a gym, my own private pool and oasis, and complimentary shuttle service to and from Ubud.
The hotel is safe, secure, and pure luxury a must see for anyone traveling to Bali or wanting to experience a holiday you will never forget.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank TianneC23
Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

The fact that. I am writing this review from my sun bed on my private terrace at the Viceroy, on the sixth day of a seven day stay at the Viceroy, speaks volumes because I'm normally rather lazy about making contributions to Trip Advisor. However, this hotel is so fantastic that I have to share my experience with others. The problem I have is that this place is so great, I don't know where to begin!

Firstly the accommodation is absolutely fantastic - as good, if not better than the photographs. We are currently staying in a Deluxe Terrace Villa and it is outstanding - the best Hotel room I have stayed in, by far. Our private infinity pool and terrace area is simply stunning and we have loved using it every day. Several contributors have commented that the pool was too cold to use, but I have enjoyed swimming in ours every day - the trick is to switch off the fountain for a while before entering the water as this allows the sun to warm the water more efficiently. Any potential visitors to the Viceroy should be reassured to learn that this hotel has excellent systems in place to ward off unwanted insects and bugs - we haven't been bitten by any mosquitoes, which is quite remarkable!

The staff at this place are some of the best I have ever encountered; They are so warm and friendly and cannot do enough for you. In addition, it is refreshing to find that the owners are regularly on hand to meet and greet guests and they are genuinely interested in receiving comments and feedback from visitors.

The food at the Cascades Restaurant is first class and the wonderful breakfast menu will meet the highest expectations. In addition, we have enjoyed the ambience of the restaurant in the evenings and the excellent quality of the food and wine. The prices seem to us to be quite reasonable and certainly what we would expect to pay in a hotel of this calibre. Stephane, the restaurant manager, needs a special mention, as he provides a very attentive, yet discrete, service to all his guests.

The Lembah Spa is also great with friendly, attentive staff. We have enjoyed our treatments and have more planned prior to leaving this place.

Another good service is the free shuttle to Ubud and the availability of drivers and cars for private tours. We enjoyed a great afternoon tour with Catur (Number 4) as our knowledgeable, friendly driver and guide.

Thanks, once again, to everyone at the Viceroy. You have made sure that we have enjoyed a wonderful, relaxing break at your remarkable resort. We intend to return to the paradise that is the Viceroy, when we are en route to Australia and New Zealand next year.

Room Tip: Deluxe Terrace Villa no. 25 is fab. Nearest to all main areas but still private.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PinkPeeps
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

Had a bit struck of luck, stayed in this amazing place for 4 nights. The place located near the valley very quiet and peaceful.

The room itself is amazing, spacious and luxurious, the staff are very professional and really respect your privacy.

The breakfast and dinner in Cascades restaurant, also delicious...the kitchen team definetly know what they do and it delivers fantastic :-)

So if you want to really have an amazing memorable stay in Ubud, I definetly recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

We needed a relaxing break and my goodness, the Viceroy knows how to deliver this. We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights in August. The staff are exceptionally nice and even I would go as far to say, genuinely kind. Despite being unlucky with rainy weather we were so lucky to have picked this hotel. I can't speak highly enough of the place; it is haven like and the atmosphere of the hotel is relaxing beyond measure.

The staff genuinely seem to care that the guests enjoy every minute. The staff at the Cascades restaurant in particular; they were so impressive. I have never encountered anything like it and I have travelled ALOT. They are just so eager to please WITHOUT being intrusive at all. You really enjoy the meals there. The food is excellent, really delicious and wonderful. The manager, Stefan, is incredibly knowledgeable and is always on hand to make wine recommendations etc., Breakfast was a DELIGHT every morning.

The rooms are beautifully appointed. We visited the spa twice and it was truly excellent. I am a massage connoisseur and I was very impressed.

I plan to return for sure. It was a wonderful experience. This hotel really is unique. The owners have created something very special; I hope they keep it like this forever!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dubhessa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ubud
The Kayon Resort
Luxe Villas Bali
Luxe Villas Bali
#1 of 193 in Ubud
Jamahal Private Resort & SPA

Been to Viceroy Bali? Share your experiences!