“The Absolute perfect holiday stay”
Review of Viceroy Bali

Viceroy Bali
Ranked #8 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“The Absolute perfect holiday stay”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

The Viceroy hotel Ubud Bali is spectacular. Fantastic villas with private pool overlooking a beautiful green valley.
Next to the perfect restaurant you can swim in a U-shape pool, relax in the garden and enjoy absolute rest. In the meanwhile served by the very friendly and professional owners of the hotel and their co-workers.
I think one of the best in the world.

Room Tip: All villas are perfect.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
San Diego, California
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Amazing resort! Upon arrival they upgraded me to a deluxe villa which was unbelievable! I literally didn't leave except for a spa package and dinner. The spa package was the best I've ever experienced and I have amazing spas in California. They made a special dinner menu for me and were very good about my dietary restrictions. The private pool was where I spent most of my time listening to my music since there is an iPhone Dock. Also had breakfast in my room on my daybed overlooking the jungle and my pool, incredible.

Stayed August 2014
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Within minutes of arrival I knew we had made the right choice.

The awards for Best Small Luxury Hotel in Asia and Best Luxury Hotel of Bali hanging in reception seem well-deserved.

Terrace Villa; luxurious AND spectacular. You pay for the best and that's what you get.

Al a carte breakfast was divine. Extra entree; no problems! Filled us up.

Spending a day on the grounds of the hotel was beautiful and relaxing.
Taking the on-call shuttle into Ubud was easy and effective for getting around.

Staff were discreet and respectful. One thing that was a little strange, on one night as we were getting ready for dinner the staff came to perform the evening turn-down while we were in the Villa. Uncomfortable, but only briefly. On other nights they always seemed to time it perfectly to coincide with us being out of the room.

If the main pool and the villa pool were a couple of degrees warmer it would've been absolutely perfect. Ah, if only. There's nothing like spending hours in a warm pool. Was unfortunate that 10mins in either pool was about all we could handle.

I've read some negative reviews of Cascades restaurant and I can't understand them as our experience was perfect. Yes it's not cheap but it's true 5 star dining and a great experience. Just forget the bill, after all, it's a holiday and a true Bali luxury escape.

We'll see you again Viceroy. Flights booked already for 2015.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Adelaide
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff
Amazing food (pricey but it is worth it)
The views are amazing from everywhere you look
I saw monkeys while I was having breakfast with my husband
It's not walking distance from the centre of Ubud and there is nothing around the hotel for you to eat or shop but they offer a shuttle car service at your request anytime until 11pm they pick you up from the hotel and back at the time you wish so that's very convenient. The breakfast is not the traditional buffet breakfast as you order from the menu but you can eat as much as you want you just need to order what you want and they bring it to you. If you don't feel like waiting at the restaurant they charge $5 and take the breakfast to your room. This place is the best from the best is bali. The only thing is the pool it is freezing cold so sadly I couldn't enjoy it as much and the pool from my villa was cold too :( this place would be 100% perfect just with heated pools other than that nothing else to fault. I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed August 2014
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Amazing city with very kind and beautiful people, amazing nature!
The hotel is located near Ubud city but in a real quiet area, the stuff was paying us so much attention, they really wanted for us to be pleased about everything.
We had a private infinity pool, the food was great, the massage services awesome!
I really didn't have a thing that i could dislike.
We had a very nice driver -Ayan, you can ask about him at the reception.

Room Tip: the ones with private infinite pool are really great!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andreea S
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The Viceroy is in the most beautiful setting and is amazingly luxurious. We felt completely relaxed within moments of arriving. The villas are beautifully furnished and immaculate, and the Balinese art and sculptures add a special touch. The Australian owners were very friendly and welcoming, and went out of their way to make our time at The Viceroy very enjoyable. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 August 2014

WOW. This place is just epic and sublime. My husband and I stayed at The Viceroy for 4 nights during our recent honeymoon in Bali and we were just in awe. From the moment we arrived, we knew we had come somewhere special. The property is lush and full of artistic details. And the views are incredible no matter where you are. We stayed in a Deluxe Terrace Villa and it was just splendid. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom/shower experience was luxurious, and the private heated infinity pool with views of the jungle was GLORIOUS. We followed our stay with two other reputable luxury hotels, but none came close to the level of service, competence, value, and attention to detail. The food and drinks at Cascades were also lovely...we had wonderful breakfasts, dinners, etc. We also had a heavenly couples spa treatment. I would endure another 26 hour journey from the US in a heartbeat to come back to the Viceroy. Thank you for making our honeymoon something incredible!

Room Tip: The Deluxe Terrace Villa was amazing!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Allison W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ubud
The Kayon Resort
The Legian Bali
The Legian Bali
#7 of 145 in Seminyak
Mandapa, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve

Been to Viceroy Bali? Share your experiences!