This is my 2nd time staying in Ubud. Viceroy had made my 6 trip pleasant. Let me share with u the pros and Cons.(I am checking out in a couple of hours, still in my comfy bed in viceroy)
1. When I emailed them directly, they were very quick to respond... In fact they immediaty offer me a package that included a dinner for 2 ,a 2hr Spa Package for 2, small bottle of Moet, and VIP immigration services and airport transfers. The offer was quite irresistible, so I book the new Delux Terrace Villa.
2. At the airport, our names we held at the end of the airbridge before immigration, our passports were stamp bypassing all queues that's great, except that we were greeted by only one officer but he had to attend to another family as well, so even though we pass the queue and collected our luggages, we had to wait around for 10mins or so to clear customs with the family which was really unfair as the officer paid full attention to them while we were neglected, we even had to look for him. Viceroy driver came promptly later and pick us up gave us cold towels and water which was great, we even manage to stop at Ibu Oka 2 on our way to the hotel, excellent!
2. When we check in we realize we r upgraded to Vice Regal villa, one tier above what we paid for. The room was in good condition, some tired furniture, but overall in ok condition.
3. The Spa is Excellent... We had 2 massages there and they were great but the spa was a little noisy u could hear people talk n walking around, so I strongly recommend that u request it to be done in yr villa.
4. Somedays they service was good. Somedays average. Really depends who's on shift to pick up yr call. Sometimes I have to keep reminding them to bring in more bottles water as I need it for my medication... Somedays they need to be reminded.
5. The restaurant staff was fabulous and the food's Excellent! All of them were really attentive n well trained, they even prepared us a special local menu on our last night cos we were to lazy to move.
Now the Cons
1. I have ranidaphobia(frog phobia), there are like 3 resident frogs here , so I didn't dare swim during the night, they only come out in the night.... And many colourful mid size iguanas as well... The landscaping outside is just very dated with random pots n ferns and an old tree... There's also not much of a view here compares to Kupu Kupu Barong and four seasons which was about the same rate.
2. I already mentioned about the inconsistent service here... Only the restaurant didn't let me down.
3. I will recommend this hotel if u are not into great views cos the rooms r definitely more modern... Really wish the staff would have done something about the frogs but they just say they will not harm me and I really had a hard time time explaining to them about my phobia so I just didn't go out of my room
during the night after 2 nights of explanation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Viceroy Bali recently won 'Best Boutique Honeymoon Hotel' in the world, it is a family owned and operated resort conveniently situated five minutes from the center of Ubud and features 25 luxuriously appointed one and two bedroom private pool villas, CasCades fine dining restaurant which serves European and Indonesian cuisine and the Lembah spa which has a variety of traditional Balinese and international treatments. The Viceroy Bali is a sanctuary in paradise and offers complete privacy with breathtaking tropical valley views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Viceroy Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Bali Ubud
- Viceroy Bali Hotel Ubud