“Save your money and find another place”

Pande Permai Bungalows
Ranked #175 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
“Save your money and find another place”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Air con is noisy, I ordered one room at alamanda with additional extra bed and they only gave us 2 towels, no hot water in room, no lightening on the terrace but the swimming pool quite clean. Breakfast only have limited option, I really regret with my dicision staying at this hotel, I will never never ever use this hotel again

• Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I booked this from the denspar airport and the pics in the brochure don't look anything like the room. Room was really dark at night, tv was completely fuzzy, frigde wasn't plugged in, sink was leaking only taped together with duct tape (and full out just flooding the floor by the next morning as the tape was coming apart), bathtub/shower was dirty, cobwebs and spiders staring at me from the corner, AC very weak, no toiletries except for one round soap, ratty towels, definitely not worth the money!! The next day I just completely left Ubud and jetted to Seminyak for a hotel that cost $20 more and was 5 star quality. They did keep our luggage at the front lobby, but out in the open where anyone could have walked away with it. Thankfully tourists and ppl in Bali don't seem like thieves ( we had just come from thailand) and it was still there when we returned that night. Only good thing - 2 min from monkey forest.

• Stayed September 2013

Travellers are raving about these Ubud hotels

Krakow, Poland
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Great place to stay. Staff very friendly, rooms are clean and feels like home. It's in the center of Ubud, close to Monkey Forest, there is everything you need. Good breakfast, if you ask you will get more. Great coffeshops around, many little shops and if you will need anything, very useful staff will defenietly help you.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 19 August 2013

On first inspection, these bungalows fit the bill - central location, great spacious rooms with gorgeous balcony, mozzie nets on bed, overlook monkey forest, private, good AC. Stepping in, the first thing I said, 'I want to extend our stay.' At midnight, I'm doing the opposite, fervently booking alternate accommodation for our second night.

Why? Bit of a list, the biggest complaint being the noise. The room itself is semi attached and separated seemingly well from your next door neighbour. Until you hear every word spoken next door and realise there is a huge gap between where the wall is supposed to meet the ceiling. Thankfully, my next door neighbours are my family.

Being right on the dip of monkey forest road also has its problems. During the day, you have the steady hum of traffic. But at night, when the road is free of cars, you get the motorbikes at normal speedand their acceleration into the hill. I think my room cops a lot of the noise, being elevated. But as a result, I can't sleep. And that's something I do value when away.

The pool during our stay has been green and slimy. You can't even see the bottom.. When I mentioned it I was told it was 'because of the rain'. I've lived in Indonesia long enough to have heard this excuse by many a poolman. 'It will be ok in an hour'. Not. So after some sweaty exploration of Ubud, there was no refreshing swim to be had.

I'm told by my aforementioned family who have been here a night longer than me that breakfast is pretty horrible and get ready for the monkeys to start carrying about, on the roof, at around 6am. Can't wait. It's about 5 hours away.

Needless to say, we are cutting our time short. It's a shame because I think the bungalows have some true potential. But if my main complaint is about noise and location, there's not really much they can do about that. I should have chosen differently.

Room Tip: Do not choose Lotus or Tunjung, adjoining rooms. They are the most expensive and the noisiest.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Bruxelles
Reviewed 12 August 2013

The hotel was ok until the last morning when we woke up because of a strange noise and it turns out that the monkeys were throwing pieces of the roof on the pool...if i passed by....at the time I would be at the hospital not here in gilli t writing this post...

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I'm amazed reading the negative reviews posted about Pande Permai as we had an excellent experience there. We stayed there 7 nights, left Ubud for a 2 nights and then came back to Pande Permai for another 3 nights. The price was good, the location excellent, the rooms are basic and the pool was fabulous and a great place to meet other travelers. We talked to a couple of people that had gone to higher end hotels but were disappointed at how isolated they were and returned to Pande Pemai. We enjoyed our stay - both times!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 6 April 2013

This property was at one time lovely with stone bungalows tucked all around and staircases leading through a maze of buildings. Our room was spacious and light with gorgeous wooden windows and high rattan ceilings. It obviously hadn't been rented in ages as the refrigerator was off and the water sputtered when we turned it on. Of the 7 lighting fixtures in the bathroom, two had working bulbs. All of the bulbs on the balcony were burned out. The toilet ran constantly unless you fixed the flapper, the floors were filthy. Water was hot but had very little pressure. We asked for wine glasses and were presented with milk shake glasses. We asked to borrow and umbrella, and they said they had only one. "Breakfast" was instant coffee and non-dairy creamer. No milk available. It's basically a run-down mess.

Room Tip: find another place to stay
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends