“Relaxing getaway in the canopy of the Ubud Jungle” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pande Permai Bungalows

Pande Permai Bungalows
Ranked #171 of 192 Hotels in Ubud
Los Angeles, California
“Relaxing getaway in the canopy of the Ubud Jungle”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

I agree that the Staff is not helpful in what to see and do around Ubud, however, I thought Pande Permai is a beautiful place, tucked away in the canopy of the Jungle. What really made this place was the very inexpensive massage. I know, I know, everyone tells you to get a massage, but this was the most beautiful experience I've ever had in my life. It was a perfect massage. After my full body scrub, I sat in a gorgeous flower bath, overlooking the stunning view of the jungle. And to top it off, my sweet masseuse brought me fresh ginger tea. It was the most peaceful thing I will ever experience. To me, this made up for being 15 minutes away from the city center and the unhelpful staff.

Room Tip: Choose a second floor room for less creepy crawlers and a better view.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Tamworth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

We booked a standard fan room which is advertised as Wifi in room, Bathtub and television. The reality is there are none of these things in the standard fan room despite being advertised as such. I complained to the reception about this and I got nowhere. They said it was Agoda's mistake and when asked they admitted they hadn't contacted Agoda to rectify the mistake.
This is false advertising. The staff were unhelpful and offered us an upgrade for 200,000rp even though the Agoda price was only 100,000rp more for an upgrade. Do not give these people your money. I am submitting a complaint to Agoda. Also, the pool is a nasty green colour and the room very basic to say the least.

Room Tip: Do not book over internet. You need to see what you are actually getting before handing over any mon...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Ubud hotels

Shanghai, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

We stayed here because it has a swimming pool. We walked along Monkey Forrest Road, looking at the various accommodation and checking the prices. I would say this is one of the cheapest with the pool on this road. The pool itself is actually really murky sea water and we didn't swim in it much because it wasn't very appealing on closer inspection! The room was quite large with a heart shaped bath tub that was a nice touch, we also had a view of the rice terrace from our huge balcony, another nice touch! The manager was helpful, but constantly pushing for us to use him for a tour/ride/something to make money on! However, he was very friendly and chatty! The breakfast was OK, freshly made to order by a friendly lady, omelet or pancake or Balinese. I was happy to be in Ubud, with my close friend so the trip was great - but could this hotel have been improved, I would say yes because of the pool.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank LyndseyGibbs
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

Air con is noisy, I ordered one room at alamanda with additional extra bed and they only gave us 2 towels, no hot water in room, no lightening on the terrace but the swimming pool quite clean. Breakfast only have limited option, I really regret with my dicision staying at this hotel, I will never never ever use this hotel again

• Stayed September 2013
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

I booked this from the denspar airport and the pics in the brochure don't look anything like the room. Room was really dark at night, tv was completely fuzzy, frigde wasn't plugged in, sink was leaking only taped together with duct tape (and full out just flooding the floor by the next morning as the tape was coming apart), bathtub/shower was dirty, cobwebs and spiders staring at me from the corner, AC very weak, no toiletries except for one round soap, ratty towels, definitely not worth the money!! The next day I just completely left Ubud and jetted to Seminyak for a hotel that cost $20 more and was 5 star quality. They did keep our luggage at the front lobby, but out in the open where anyone could have walked away with it. Thankfully tourists and ppl in Bali don't seem like thieves ( we had just come from thailand) and it was still there when we returned that night. Only good thing - 2 min from monkey forest.

• Stayed September 2013
Krakow, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Great place to stay. Staff very friendly, rooms are clean and feels like home. It's in the center of Ubud, close to Monkey Forest, there is everything you need. Good breakfast, if you ask you will get more. Great coffeshops around, many little shops and if you will need anything, very useful staff will defenietly help you.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
New South Wales, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

On first inspection, these bungalows fit the bill - central location, great spacious rooms with gorgeous balcony, mozzie nets on bed, overlook monkey forest, private, good AC. Stepping in, the first thing I said, 'I want to extend our stay.' At midnight, I'm doing the opposite, fervently booking alternate accommodation for our second night.

Why? Bit of a list, the biggest complaint being the noise. The room itself is semi attached and separated seemingly well from your next door neighbour. Until you hear every word spoken next door and realise there is a huge gap between where the wall is supposed to meet the ceiling. Thankfully, my next door neighbours are my family.

Being right on the dip of monkey forest road also has its problems. During the day, you have the steady hum of traffic. But at night, when the road is free of cars, you get the motorbikes at normal speedand their acceleration into the hill. I think my room cops a lot of the noise, being elevated. But as a result, I can't sleep. And that's something I do value when away.

The pool during our stay has been green and slimy. You can't even see the bottom.. When I mentioned it I was told it was 'because of the rain'. I've lived in Indonesia long enough to have heard this excuse by many a poolman. 'It will be ok in an hour'. Not. So after some sweaty exploration of Ubud, there was no refreshing swim to be had.

I'm told by my aforementioned family who have been here a night longer than me that breakfast is pretty horrible and get ready for the monkeys to start carrying about, on the roof, at around 6am. Can't wait. It's about 5 hours away.

Needless to say, we are cutting our time short. It's a shame because I think the bungalows have some true potential. But if my main complaint is about noise and location, there's not really much they can do about that. I should have chosen differently.

Room Tip: Do not choose Lotus or Tunjung, adjoining rooms. They are the most expensive and the noisiest.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family