Junjungan Ubud Hotel and Spa
US$214
US$178
US$139
Agoda.com
All reviewsfree shuttlerice paddiessawah roomblue rayafternoon teamobile phonestudio roomon demandfire fliesshuttle servicesmall balconypadi fieldssmall hotelpersonalized servicebeautiful hotelstayed here for nightsprivate driver
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Couldn't fault anything!
Our room was beautiful, the staff were all so friendly and attentive.
It was my partners birthday and they brought him a birthday cake and sang "happy birthday, mr Daniel!" to him.
We came back from a trip into Ubud and were surprised with a red rose and some chocolates for Valentines Day.
I don't like papaya and they noticed I had left it on my breakfast fruit plate so they swapped it for other fruits for our remaining stay.
We organised to hike Mt Batur through the reception and were given a packed breakfast since we had to leave for the volcano at 2:30am.
The facilities are beautiful, the views of the rice fields are beautiful.
Best nasi goreng in Bali!
Had a wonderful aromatic massage too!
I personal service and attention made our stay extra special.
Even though a little out of the way, the complimentary shuttle into the palace made up for that, plus being away from hustle and bustle was lovely.
We will definitely come back!
Thank you so much.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Fantastic welcome - complimentary fruit and juice on arrival. Arranged day trip for us which was hassle free. complimentary shuttle to ubud made it the best of both worlds - lovely scenic setting and quiet, watching the rice harvest with fascination out of our window each day and loving the quack of the ducks as they played their part :) easy to get in to ubud and back again pretty much on demand. We borrowed complimentary bikes up to petulu village to see the herons one evening which was a lovely unexpected treat at no cost to us (remember to take a torch though!)
Afternoon tea and cake each day - all complimentary - gorgeous friendly staff who couldn't do enough to make our stay perfect - thank you! (Just sorry took so long to write this review) :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I stayed in this beautiful hotel surrounded by the lush green padi fields for 4 nights. In one of my bike tour trip I was injured falling from my bicycle and thus sustained a wrist fracture. I have to say that Kadek, Dian and Siwi made sure that I was comfortable and provided every assistance I needed. At the hospital, Kadek stayed and waited with me to see the doctor - which was such a comfort and kept my mind occupied by telling me stories. Dian and Siwi made such sure I was alright and helped organised all my needs making sure that I was comfortable to arranging my trip to Denpasar to fly out. I have not come across such fantastic and helpful staffs in my other travels. It really shows that it comes from their hearts. I will always remember them and will come back and stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

My sister and I stayed at the Junjungan Hotel and Spa for one night while passing through Ubud. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a beautiful, relaxing, tranquil place to stay near Ubud. We stayed in the deluxe sawah room and absolutely loved the clean, spacious room with the canopy bed. Our balcony overlooked a field of rice terraces, the view was absolutely stunning. We loved everything about this hotel, from the friendly & helpful staff to the free shuttle to and from Ubud's city centre (approx 10 minute drive), to the complimentary afternoon tea and chocolate pancake! We wish our tight itinerary had allowed for us to stay a second night. The staff were even kind enough to pack us complimentary breakfasts "to go" as we left at 3:00 am to hike Mt.Batur in time for sunrise. Our short stay at the Junjungan Hotel and Spa was very memorable and I feel it provides excellent value for the price. Thanks for everything!

-Laura and Angela Fyfe
Nanaimo, BC, Canada

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

We were blown away by the setting of this hotel, located over the top of a river and next to a rice terrace and then again blown away by the size and luxury of our room. The location is a little way out of Ubud centre, but there is a free shuttle which for us seemed to leave on demand whenever we wanted it and only took ten minutes. The staff were absolutely lovely and I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a relaxing stay in Ubud.

• Stayed: January 2014