“Outstanding Hotel Experience”

Junjungan Ubud Hotel and Spa
Ranked #20 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We booked this place for 2 nights after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor. We can also confirm the hotel and staff are outstanding and wished we had booked for longer.The shuttle bus to town is fantastic and all our meals were better than expected. A great experience hope to return in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank robing_s

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Saw the reviews and photos before I booked. Looked okay from the photos and had great reviews so booked. We were 3 people.
From the minute we reached we felt really warm because of the way the hotel is nod most importantly the people.it was a truly amazing experience even better than most top resorts because the hospitality offered was warm and natural.the way they took care of you always smiling and ready to assist in anything.the highlights were the smaller details...
Pre placed amenities for 3 which many hotels don't put in the rooms.
Afternoon tea on the house with amazing pancakes when u get back from a tiring day.
Breakfast was a set you can choose from and there were many which was perfect to start the day.
Quality of food was very nice
Close to ubud centre and complimentary shuttle till late.
Wifi
Amazing rooms and views of the rice paddies.
Quite small nice spa.

Overall just amazing and serene and special thanks to Muskgi who was just amazing throughout our stay.

Will plan next trip there only if I go to ubud.

Don't worry before booking.....10 rooms is perfect for a quiet time in ubud.

Hands on amazing.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2014

There are many hotels named junjungan around the area, so be sure about the one you have booked. I was quite underwhelmed by the entrance and reception area which quickly changed when I saw my room.
They have great wifi and aroma oil diffuser if you so wish.
The breakfast menu has to be ordered the previous night. Though the hotel is far away from the city center, they have regular pick up and drop service.
The staff are friendly and patient. Its great to have good service around the clock.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 16 May 2014

It is a gem in the middle of Ubud! We had a wonderful stay in Junjungan for 2 nights. During the stay, the view from our balcony is the wonderful view of greenery rice paddy field; in the night, the sky is full of stars!

Breakfast is better than normal standard, lots of choices. You can choose hot drinks and fruit juices too.

Hotel staffs are not just ordinary friendly and polite, they are very attentive and take care of you even small little detail.

I will definitely come back!

Room Tip: Choose the rooms on the upper floor for better view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank blueyfetes
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is a very nice hotel 15 minutes outside of Ubud. If offers peace and quiet, with a free shuttle to the bustle of town. Since we checked in two days early, we experience the ; both were nice with excellent views of the rice fields. We could stay in our air conditioned room, or sit on the balcony, and watch women harvest the rice, men carry the rice and flood the fields, and ducks eat the leftovers. We saw fireflies at night. Wi-fi worked well. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Meals were very good. We mentioned the pleasant Balinese music playing in the dining room. They said they could get a copy for us and the next morning it was available when we checked out.

Room Tip: The deluxe double was nearly as nice as the super deluxe double room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bill_and_Konnie
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Junjungan Ubud Hotel & Spa.

Ambience
There was an authentic Balinese feel to the place, and charming and absolutely endearing.

Customer Service & Personal Touch
In general, the hotel staff are very attentive and are also incredibly sincere.

Upon check in, we were served a welcome drink and also given a cold refreshing towel. The check-in staff was very polite.

I entered the room, to find a letter on the table addressed to me and wishing me well at the hotel, and that I would enjoy my stay. There was also a fruit basket filled with fruits native to Bali. The staff took time to patiently tell us the various names of the fruits and how to eat them, etc.

The staff also made the effort to greet us by name, which I found extremely impressive (not just the staff which checked us in, but the kitchen and service staff as well).

Transport
Although the hotel is not particularly near any attraction (by walking distance), the hotel provides free shuttle services to the town centre which is 5-10 minutes drive away, and available as and when. Pick-up services are also included. This fuss-free experience meant that we did not have to worry about transport to and from the hotel. The vehicle was also clean and spacious.
For those who would like to travel on their own, the hotel offers free bicycle rental for guests to go around and explore as well.

Would definitely return! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank TMiin
Reviewed 2 May 2014

A wonderful Balinese timber building set amongst working rice paddies where you can sit on your balcony and listen to the trickle of water as it flows through the rice paddies....it was just what I needed to escape from the pressures of work. The Junjungan is a short hotel bus trip out of Ubud ( the bus leaves hourly for the village) so it is easy to get in and explore both the streets and the hidden lanes of this very chilled out village. I had a massage while staying at the hotel and it was wonderful, it left me feeling so relaxed I went back to my room for some zzzzzzzs. I'd be happy to recommend it to others.

• Stayed: April 2014