My partner and I have just returned from a wonderful stay at the Ubud Village Resort & Spa. We had originally booked for 3 nights, but ended up extending to 5 nights so that we could enjoy our villa and the surroundings some more.
We booked the resort largely based on the positive reviews on Trip Advisor, we definately were not disappointed. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome by the gracious and attentive staff. We arrived late at night and the welcome drink and cool towel was a very much needed refreshment. We were shown to our villa which was all lit up beautifully, it was a lot larger and more luxurious than we were expecting. We made use of all the facilities in the villa including the great swimming pool which was fantastic for an early morning swim, the outdoor shower and the outdoor sunken bathtub - great for a candlelit bath! There were also some nice shady areas (outdoor day beds) where we could escape from the heat of the day. Our villa was number 213 on the very edge of the resort (a good choice if you want a quiet room). We woke up to lovely views over the rice fields. There were quite a few interesting animal noises from the rice fields and pond surrounding the villa but we got used to them.
Breakfast was served upstairs in the restaurant again overlooking the stunning rice terraces. We felt that the breakfast selection was sufficient and the food was delicious. I particularly enjoyed the pineapple jam. Just be aware that they give you a lot of food and you will probably need a nap straight after breakfast!! We had two dinners in the restaurant which we thoroughly enjoyed. It was nice to be able to sit outside and enjoy the ambient lighting and candles around the restaurant area. The cocktails were good too :) Included in our booking was a 1 hour aromatherapy massage which was bliss.
The resort is very large and it was never crowded even when it was fully booked. We were the only ones in the main resort swimming pool whenever we used it. The hotel shuttle into Ubud town was very handy as it was very hot when we were there so a bit too humid to walk into town. We did walk home on one occasion which took about 25mins. However, I'm glad that we stayed outside of Ubud itself as I have to say it was very nice to come back to the resort and escape the traffic.
There are a number of day trips that you can do from Ubud so it is a good spot to base yourself for a few days. The reception staff are more than happy to assist with any queries or reservations.
I was a little concerned about some of the previous comments around security at the resort. However we had no issues. As with any travel advice we were sure to secure our belongings in the in room safe - this was plenty big enough to store our laptop, 2 DSLR cameras and various wallets and documents. We also made sure to lock all the doors when we left the room. There was also a security guard at the front of the property.
Overall an excellent stay, good value for money and somewhere that we will be talking about for years to come. Can't wait until we can return!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the verdant hillsides of Ubud, Ubud Village Resort & Spa is a perfect Balinese hideaway for romantic couples, honeymooners and families alike. Overlooking an expanse of gorgeous terraced rice paddies, Ubud Village Resort and Spa has a relaxing atmosphere throughout which is further enhanced by excellent service and guest amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Priceline, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Ubud Village Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ubud Village Hotel Ubud
- The Ubud Village Resort And Spa
- The Ubud Village Resort & Spa Bali