“Relaxed atmosphere, friendly helpful staff great facilities”

The Ubud Village Resort & Spa
Ranked #29 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Melbourne, Australia
“Relaxed atmosphere, friendly helpful staff great facilities”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Loved the traditional Balinese style Villa with pool. The grounds and villas were immaculately kept and well laid out. The main pool was clean and inviting. The courtesy bus to Monkey Forest Rd was convenient although my wife and I preferred to hire scooters as it suited our activities to be more flexible. The staff made us feel very welcome and were prepared to assist in anyway - no assistance was required.

Room Tip: We had a Deluxe Pool villa
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We started our trip in Seminyak n went up to Ubud for the last 2 nights. 2 nights is definitely not long enough. I highly recommend staying at least 3-4 nights. Views are spectacular, food is delicious & service is exceptional. We stayed in a private villa; own pool, bungalow, outdoor & indoor shower & outside bath. Perfect place to stay for couples, honeymooners and groups of friends for a peaceful and relaxed stay. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Lauren M
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Luxury hotel just near Ubud. You do not need to spend a lot of time to see the town you are staying in - for more convinience there is a shuttle bus every 30 min to get to the center of Ubud which you are better to use instead of traffic as the way up to the hill can make you tired before you get even to Monkey Forest.

Villas in the hotel are just amazing, with private pool, terraces, ponds with gold fishes, deep bath on the fresh air and big bed, which is unbelivably comfortable. Among other plesant things are - lovely SPA, big pool with azone water, tasy breakfasts, 5 o`clock tea and restaurant with one of the best quisines I have ever tried.

Room Tip: Use a shuttle bus (every 30 min) to get to the center of Ubud. Order bike tour from reception.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 11 August 2013

This place is located in the perfect nature area. The decor of the room was great - baliness and stylish..

We really enjoyed our stay at the Ubud Village no doubt will be returning. The staff was really friendly, smiling and helpful, comfortable and spotlessly clean room.

Really enjoyed the atmosphere..We sat at the living area and the ambiance was great...it was very romantic with the private pool and gazebo..

Restaraunt very clean, food very good, and the staff is always super helpful.. I would recommend the crispy duck menu..yummy..

Two Thumbs Up to Pak Swabawa for the great hospitality..

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Denpasar
Reviewed 8 August 2013

is a great place for resort, and wonderful view with nature, I'm and family very happy to staying in there friendly service and good value ,great experience and more, if you are come to bali must try to staying in the Ubud Villages Resort & Spa

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights with my husband and 2 boys, ages 8 and 11. It's a very beautiful resort, both inside and out. We booked the Family Villa (431), trying to get as much space as we could for the four of us. We had a king-sized bed, a rollaway twin bed, and a window seat made into a bed all in one large room. I was a little disappointed that there was no separation between the parents and the kids, but the outdoor area was very big, with a plunge pool and 2 large daybeds. So in the day we could spread out, but at night the mosquitos came out and we had to stay inside. The water in the pool was colder than I expected, but I guess that is the tradeoff for having very nice weather that wasn't too hot or humid. I'll take the nice weather. The kids didn't mind the cold water. The room had every amenity we could ask for, a very large bathroom, indoor and outdoor showers, an indoor and outdoor toilet, and outdoor tub. My only complaints about the room were that the rollaway bed was very uncomfortable (the boys fought over who had to sleep in it each night) and the beautiful frangipani flowers that decorated it made me sneeze (I asked reception to remove them and they did).

We ate in the restaurant fairly often because we couldn't deal with the drive into Ubud (yes, it is only 5 minutes if there is no traffic - but at rush hour at the height of the tourist season we found it could be up to an hour) and the food is very good. There is a mix of western and Balinesian dishes. Everything we tried was delicious. Prices were higher than at similar restaurants in town, but still quite reasonable by American hotel standards. Wine by the bottle was very expensive, but the wine by the glass was undrinkable, so we opted for beer. Breakfast was included with our package, and we enjoyed the fresh juice, fruit, delicious pastries, cereals, and eggs. Coffee was the only thing that could use some improvement.

My biggest complaint about this hotel came when we asked them to book a private tour guide for us so that we could see an assortment of attractions in the area. The woman at reception said that it would be better to hire one of their drivers than to get a guide. I questioned this because the driver they sent to the airport to pick us up had limited English and wasn't forthcoming at all about anything we saw along the way. I really wanted a guide, but she assured me that the driver that picked us up was from a different company, and their driver would be much better than a guide. She was so insistent that we went along with it in spite of my misgivings, but when we arrived for our tour the next day it was the same driver who picked us up at the airport. He didn't give us a tour, he just drove us from point A to point B. He had such difficulty understanding our questions that we gave up. My husband told the kids all about the rice terraces from what he read in a guide book! I was really disappointed as this was our last day in Bali and we wanted to learn more about the country and the culture. I know from reading TripAdvisor reviews that we could have hired an informative private guide for less than what the hotel charged us for their driver. I should have insisted. Lesson learned, but unfortunately too late. I was also disappointed that when I asked where to shop for nice things, they sent me to the Ubud Market, which is full of cheap souvenirs. There are an overwhelming number of shops in Ubud. I know there are nice things to be had, but I didn't know where to find them.

Overall, I'd highly recommend this hotel. Just do your own research on attractions beforehand.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Lugano, Switzerland
Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

The overall of the hotel is positive, good rooms, nice pool, but I faced an issue with front desk. No body was able to arrange me a taxi to go to an outside restaurant. I had to go outside the facility and stop a driver on the street. The is unacceptable for an hotel of this category.

• Stayed August 2013