“Serenity in ubud”

Ranked #29 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Melbourne, Australia
“Serenity in ubud”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

The best thing about the Ubud Village Resort & Spa is the staff - they are incredibly friendly and helpful. They make sure you have everything you need to enjoy your time in Ubud. They helped us to rent a scooter and even took time to discuss the best way of getting to our destination.
The villa was spacious and nicely appointed. The outdoor shower was very refreshing and we didn't have any problems with bugs as others have posted. There is everything you need and more. Our villa was right at the back which suited us but for anyone with problems walking I suggest asking for a villa close to reception.
There is a shuttle bus in/out of the Main Street which is convenient and a taxi is very cheap if you don't want to wait for the shuttle (around 50,000 rupiah).

Room Tip: If you have trouble walking, ask for a villa closer to reception
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Me and my wife stayed here for our honeymoon. It was fantastic! The place was very nice and the room was remote. Perfect for honeymoon or retreat. The villa has a plunge pool, a gazebo, a small table for dining, indoor bathroom, outdoor bathroom and even a bathtub! Unfortunately, we didn't get a nice view from our room. Our view was trees and adjacent villa.

The service was also nice, the people are very polite. The staff speaks foreign language fluently, I notice one of them speak Japanese and Russian.

We also tried the Spa, which was very comforting. I read in the magazine that the spa at The Ubud Village Resort & Spa is one of the top 50 in the world. I second that!

However, I have three criticisms that needs attention to make your place even better. The first is lighting. At night, I felt it was a little bit too dark. I think you should install more lights, especially on the pathway around the villa.

Second, please add more signage as guests could easily get lost around the villa. You have a very large area, and it took me 2 days to get to know my way around. The staff did explained the area, but I don't think guest could remember. Maybe, you can provide a map to the guest as a solution.

And last point is the food. Although the food was perfect, both the taste and the presentation, I think the portion (size) is a little bit too much. Well, at least for Indonesian.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay and I will definitely come back to stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Try to ask room with view to the paddy field. Otherwise, there's not much view to enjoy. I don...
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 19 November 2013

The swimming pool is awesome, environment is peaceful and spacious room and spacious bathtub. The service is great, ppl ther are very polite, only the room there , too nature, there are some ants and dirt around the open space and even private pool area. our private pool is not well care, the leaves and branches are drop inside our pool and nobody take care.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Our first trip to Bali and stayed 3 nights( rice field Pool Villa). Very spacious villa with private pool. Closed to nature with paddy field surrounding the resort . The breakfast and afternoon tea was very good. Try the rice tea. Staff service are sincerely good, especially Mr Hendra , who remember our special diet and request from day one and arranged carefully to our needs . We booked a half day trip to the terraced rice field/ coffee plantation/ holy spring and Kintamani and was fantastic. The hourly shuttle bus service to Monkey Forest was essential. We enjoyed our stay at The Ubud Village Resort & Spa very much.

Leiden, the Netherlands
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights in September and absolutely loved it. Everything was perfect: the villa was spacious and luxurious with a huge four poster bed, an indoor and outdoor shower and outdoor bath, large outdoor seating and a daybed. Staff are super friendly and the location was peaceful and quiet. Breakfast and complimentary afternoon tea very tasty with great views. Ubud centre was about a half hour walk, but in the evenings we took the complimentary shuttle because Bali pavements can be very dangerous.

Although the communal pool looked very inviting, we loved our private pool with daybed so much, we didn't use the big pool.

The grounds are large and well kept. What we loved the most of the hotel was the privacy, we felt at home the moment we steppes into our villa and it was very hard to leave this place. We will definitaly choose this hotel at our next visit to ubud.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anouk M
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I stayed at this beautiful resort for about seven days. It was a quiet haven from the busy, messy village of Ubud. The staff were very polite and gracious. They solved any minor problems quickly and with a minimum of fuss. Some staff were outstanding, particularly Hendra Nartha who took a personal interest in my wife's and my welfare. Many thanks.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very good.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Francis W
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights and the villa itself was lovely. We had our own private pool. The water in the was clean but the pool itself seemed a bit grubby. We had a snake in our room which they removed very quickly but we still felt quite nervous after this. I know they can't help it but we felt a bottle of wine or something small may have been nice. We ate at their restaurant and they got our order wrong they gave us a more expensive dish than we ordered and they still charged us for it with again no compensation of any kind. We found the food to be a little bit dry also. The shuttle bus they provided was very handy as it would have taken an hour to walk into town. I had a facial at the spa it was the worst facial I've had. The mask was so sloppy it continually ran into my eyes, her massage over my neck felt like she was choking me and I had ants on the bed. Creepy crawlies were a problem for us at this resort ants on everything, small spiders mozzies etc we were told housekeeping would come to the villa at night to set up mozzie stuff and it only happened once. We did a tour through the resort also and the driver we had was so lovely but we could barely understand him so was disappointing as we wanted to know history of things etc. I did a cooking class also this I couldn't fault was fantastic. All in all the staff made it for us so friendly and willing to help such lovely people. Not sure if we would stay again.

• Stayed October 2013